The team is not out of Playoff Hunt

djp14150

I knew I would see one of these threads this morning. So the Bills completely stink up the place offensively against a not very good Miami team and suddenly they are a playoff team? Our offense failed to score a touchdown last night. They are going nowhere. They barely held on to win a game that should have been a blowout. Chan Gailey wouldn't know how to call a game if his life depended on it. Once again last night, the defense made adjustments at halftime to what he was doing and once again, he could not counter. This team will finish at 6-10 or 7-9 at best. Love my Bills, but they just aren't very good.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread was made after the New England game, pal. Are you dense or did you just not bother to check when the thread was created or see how many other posts almost exactly similar to yours were on the previous 6 pages before you came in here to rant and rave?

The mentality here is sometimes really funny. Yes, the Bills have definitely shown they are type of team who can 'win out' with 7 games to go. Piece of cake to rip off 7 wins in a row in the NFL, especially when you have a defense as stout as Buffalo's and a QB that can never fails in the clutch like Fitz.

:doh:

Exactly. Those were 2 bad teams last night. My guess is the Bills split the last six and draft 15th.

What makes you think the Colts can't keep it up?

They were a perennial playoff team for over a decade - with 2 Super Bowl appearances and one Super Bowl win, until the Manning injury last year.

That whole team was built around Manning. It was clear they had no backup plan at QB and after a couple tough losses, the team QUIT.

It should have been very clear that talent-wise, Indianapolis was better than it's 1-15 record in 2011.

Now that the team has some hope at the quarterback position, that veteran talent (Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney) is stepping up again.

Not to mention, Andrew Luck is getting better almost every week. Even as a rookie, there is a good chance he will be a top 10-15 quarterback by season's end.

Don't be surprised if they upset New England this week...

if the colts upset new england, then the patriots will be 2 games up on us.

the patriots would then have a short week to go to the jets on thursday night, which if you're putting the colts game in play as a loss for them, you have to put that jets game in play as well.

the patriots also have games against the texans and 49ers left.

if you think the colts game is in play for the pats to lose, then the division is in play for the bills to win.

Miami = loss WIN

at Indy = loss WIN

Jacksonville = win

St Louis = win

Seattle = loss

at Miami= loss WIN

Jets win = win

I see a 6-10 record not a 10-6 9-7 record

Fixed it for you

I knew I would see one of these threads this morning. So the Bills completely stink up the place offensively against a not very good Miami team and suddenly they are a playoff team? Our offense failed to score a touchdown last night. They are going nowhere. They barely held on to win a game that should have been a blowout. Chan Gailey wouldn't know how to call a game if his life depended on it. Once again last night, the defense made adjustments at halftime to what he was doing and once again, he could not counter. This team will finish at 6-10 or 7-9 at best. Love my Bills, but they just aren't very good.

They only COMPLETELY STUNK up the place in the Red Zone.

1 bad play in 2 games have cost the Bills. And in 1 of those games the Bills had to battle the Cheatriots AND the refs in the first half.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Buffalo has replaced Miami in the hunt.

5 Indianapolis South 6-3-0 - See Miami rookie QB play - Buffalo, @ Detroit, Tenny, @ Houston, @ KC, Houston playing for the #1seed?

6 Pittsburgh North 6-3-0 - Big Ben hurt and will miss time and play Baltimore twice in 3 weeks

7 San Diego West 4-5-0 - Norval's team crashes in Dec

8 Cincinnati North 4-5-0 - 3 home 3 away - weeks 16 and 17 - @Pittsburgh home v Baltimore

9 Tennessee South 4-6-0 - legit chance

10 Buffalo East 4-6-0

Exactly. Those were 2 bad teams last night. My guess is the Bills split the last six and draft 15th.

Most likely the most accurate guess I've seen here. Since last nights victory against a division rival (finally)

Two crap teams and one had to win. Funny how some now think Merriman is all world based on a single play.

Colts lose, Chargers Lose, Jets win ......IF we somehow manage to get a wildcard berth, I like that we have to beat the crap out of the Jets to get in. Anyone think it's possible? this season is jerking me around.

Chargers and Colts being whipped, other teams starting with C too. (Cowboys do not count since they beat the Cleveland Browns)

Cinci finishes with Oak, @ San Diego, Dallas, @Phil, @ Pitt, Balt

They could easily win out as Baltimore may have nothing to play for. @ Pitt will be tough but who knows when Rapelesberger will be back. They get Dallas at home. We may actually be rooting for them to beat Pittsburgh if they win their next four. Then it would be us and Cinci. I think San Diego and the Colts fall down the stretch and Pittsburgh loses three straight. They have no running game and an aging defense.

The Bills received some help today!

The AFC is now separating itself into 3 distinct groups:

A. the 4 likely division winners: Texans, Ravens, Broncos, Patriots

B. the 4 teams that are all but mathematically eliminated: Raiders, Browns, Chiefs, Jags

C. the 8 wild-card contenders: Steelers (6-4), Colts (6-4), Bengals (5-5), Bills (4-6), Chargers (4-6), Jets (4-6), Dolphins (4-6), Titans (4-6)

As I've said earlier, this Sunday's game against the Colts is quite clearly of the MUST-WIN type. No one disagrees about that.

And for all the scoreboard watchers, we want the following to happen this week:

Pats over Jets, 8:20pm, Thursday

Jags over Titans, 1pm, Sunday

Browns over Steelers, 1pm, Sunday

Raiders over Bengals, 1pm, Sunday

Seahawks over Dolphins, 1pm, Sunday

Ravens over Chargers, 4pm, Sunday

Edited by Marc Miller

And for all the scoreboard watchers, we want the following to happen this week:

Pats over Jets, 8:20pm, Thursday

Jags over Titans, 1pm, Sunday

Browns over Steelers, 1pm, Sunday

Raiders over Bengals, 1pm, Sunday

Seahawks over Dolphins, 1pm, Sunday

Ravens over Chargers, 4pm, Sunday

You forgot:

Bills over Colts, 1pm, Sunday

Loss to the Titans kills any chance they had, no room for error.

Everything broke their way this season too. Key injuries to the Ravens/Steelers, AFC is awful in general, really was there year but the bad start put them in a huge hole.

Most likely the most accurate guess I've seen here. Since last nights victory against a division rival (finally)

Two crap teams and one had to win. Funny how some now think Merriman is all world based on a single play.

Can you quote where people are saying he's all world? I see things like solid addition to our depth at defensive end, more than anything. Do you disagree with that?