Are people still wanting Barkely??

billsFORlife50

Some of you guys are crazy! Geno Smith is not falling in the draft. Just because his defense is terrible, doesn't mean his arm strength, accuracy, and speed diminished. He's still a top 5 pick.

Aaron Murray is going to surprise no one. Everyone expects him to be at least a 2nd round pick, maybe even a first if he comes out this year. How is that a surprise?

Landry Jones has been great this year. Buffalo Barbarian and I have been saying this every few weeks in these threads but everyone wants to remember last year instead of focusing on his tremendous arm and development this year.

Barkley is a great QB. We would be lucky if his injury has him fall to us. Can't blame the man for fumbles, drops, and a terrible coach.

Tyler Bray is not good, neither is Glennon. Bray will never be good, Glennon has a chance to develop but is a project.

Zac Dysert lost to UB. Enough said.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just as a point of reference....

Kipers Big Board has Barkley ranked #15

Scout's Big Board has Barkley ranked #20

15th Best Player Not 15th Best QB again team need dictate value on the Board you can be a to 5 player but if any team in the top 5 doesn't need you fall unless a team will trade up

there isnt a qb worth a first round pick this year, Id rather take a wide reciever or liinebacker who can run

how high would he have went last year ? Certainly in the top 10

As much as I hate to say this but Barkley would have went ahead of RG3 base upon Barkley runs a pro system at USC & RG3 ran a spread it would have been close

C'mon you can't be serious? He's going first round, mark it down.

"MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- On fourth down in the final seconds on Saturday, Landry Jones gave wideout Kenny Stills a quick glance. Then with the West Virginia crowd screaming and the pressure mounting, Oklahoma's senior quarterback changed the play.

"As a competitor, you want these moments in your life," Jones said. "When it's all on the line.

"And the ball's in your hands." (Clutch, Gamer, Winner)

Thanks goodness for the Sooners, it was.

After calling the audible, Jones slung a pass right into Stills' chest for the game-winning score, lifting the Sooners to a dramatic 50-49 victory Saturday in their maiden voyage to Morgantown.

"That was all him," Stills said. "He changed the play.

"People continue to doubt him. He just continues to add to on to his legacy."

He broke his own school record with 554 passing yards and six touchdowns, completing 38 of 51 passes. But Jones' final throw was the difference."

http://espn.go.com/colleges/oklahoma/football/story/_/id/8647931/oklahoma-sooners-quarterback-landry-jones-leads-game-winning-drive-first-time

And you think Barkley and Smith are Better :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am watching these QBs very loosely when I get a chance. What I see from Jones is that the ball is on time, accurately. Sure, one can say the defense sucks, but if the throw puts the WR in a position for yac, that can lead to success st the next level. I'd take him.

Some of you guys are crazy! Geno Smith is not falling in the draft. Just because his defense is terrible, doesn't mean his arm strength, accuracy, and speed diminished. He's still a top 5 pick.

Aaron Murray is going to surprise no one. Everyone expects him to be at least a 2nd round pick, maybe even a first if he comes out this year. How is that a surprise?

Landry Jones has been great this year. Buffalo Barbarian and I have been saying this every few weeks in these threads but everyone wants to remember last year instead of focusing on his tremendous arm and development this year.

Barkley is a great QB. We would be lucky if his injury has him fall to us. Can't blame the man for fumbles, drops, and a terrible coach.

Tyler Bray is not good, neither is Glennon. Bray will never be good, Glennon has a chance to develop but is a project.

Zac Dysert lost to UB. Enough said.

See above comment. I agree about Smith. Not sold on Barkley. Have not seen Bray, Glennon or Dysert so I can't form an opinion on them.

Glennon.

I saw GLennon for the first time yesterday and I really like him. He reminds me of Matt RYan. The announcers thought he would be drafted ahead of Barkley behind only Geno Smith, or maybe even the 1st QB taken.

I saw some more of that guy from Tenn, Bray. I dont know what people see in him, he isnt very good. Then his coach benched him, he stinks.

I am still weary of G Smith too. I don't like his pocket pressence at all.

I like Jones and Wilson but I think their more scheme than skill if I am going off the [lack of] success of Bradford/Mallet/Brohm

I'd go Glennon in the 1st if we lose enough games.

Edited by peterpan

I saw GLennon for the first time yesterday and I really like him. He reminds me of Matt RYan. The announcers thought he would be drafted ahead of Barkley behind only Geno Smith, or maybe even the 1st QB taken.

I saw some more of that guy from Tenn, Bray. I dont know what people see in him, he isnt very good. Then his coach benched him, he stinks.

I like Jones and Wilson but I think their more scheme than skill if I am going off the [lack of] success of Bradford/Mallet/Brohm

He's not very polished, but he's got as good an arm as I've ever seen. If he can learn to harness it he could be amazing. If he doesn't, well, we've all seen how that story plays out.

That's definitely the mentality that I want to see in whoever we have behind center...that's the type of attitude that Murray has really exhibited this year, as well. I want a QB who wants his name called in the high pressure situations, but I also want him to deliver. You know how high I am on my boy Murray, but if Jones can deliver in this regard then he's welcome on my team anytime. With the QB being the most able to impact the game (of all positions on the field), you have GOT to have someone with the mental game. That's why I had no problem putting TONS of stock in the Gruden piece with Russell Wilson last year. After I saw that, I was ready to go to war with that kid. That was one of the most impressive mental performances I've seen during an interview situation. The guy was breaking down terminology and plays not from his time at Wisconsin, but from when he was playing for North CArolina or whatever the hell team he played for before the transfer. He was sharp as a tack and gruden was enamored with him. There was just never any doubt that he'd find a way to get it done at the next level, and now he's the highest rated QB in the league at home. I would have loved to see him in red, white and blue, but nothing can be done about that now....can only hope that Buddy finds a way to bring us a winner.

:thumbsup:

I am serious, there is a big difference in college game &the NFL if you watched the WVU/Oak game last night you'd saw Landry had an easy time vs WVU defense wide open WR while Smith threw through defenders with beautiful parses that TD that smith Drop in just over the DB was NFL Perfect

there are 3 teams that could take a QB & those teams aren't locks there could be a surprise team but Landry isn't going to be the guy he has better prospect ahead of him & Barkley & Smith are just two

well there's no hope for you then.

Has all the arm strength you would ever want, and is of ideal size for a NFL QB, his decision making skills and accuracy on his throws are highly erratic. I wouldn't touch him in the first half of the 1st round. Although, if the Bills drafted a stud LB in the 1st, I would be thrilled with a trade-up to grab Glennon.

Fixed.

Don't pick a QB to pick a QB. Matt Barkley has superior talent around him and is pretty good. He should be great if everyone thinks he's as good as they believe. He's not. Do you want Mark Sanchez or Matt Leinhart as your QB?

We already have a QB better than those guys. Sorry folks if you want an upgrade at QB we will probably have to wait another couple of years. This crop is a downgrade for the next few years.

Remember we wasted three number one picks on QBs (Bledsoe, RJ, JP) Fitz has outplayed as Bills. You don't pick a QB just to pick one becuae our guy now has flaws.

I hope you get passed your Man Crush on Landry Maybe you'll see when its day two of the Draft & he is still available

I don't have man crushes, I see the evidence on the field and go from there.

If you can't see that Jones is a first rounder than you are willingly in denial.

I thought Jones sucked last year but knew he was good the year before so I wanted to see how did this year and in the 5 games I've seen this year he has looked great. In fact I think he played his best game against the Best defense and now team in the country in Notre Dame and if it wasn't for their center hiking the ball into the Endzone he would have mounted another game winning drive against them.

I definitely can see him as a Matt Ryan type of player and the way he moves in the pocket and throws the ball reminds me of Brady.

I AM NOT SAYING HE WILL BE AS GOOD AS BRADY JUST THAT THE WAY HE PLAYS REMINDS ME OF HIM.

Don't pick a QB to pick a QB. Matt Barkley has superior talent around him and is pretty good. He should be great if everyone thinks he's as good as they believe. He's not. Do you want Mark Sanchez or Matt Leinhart as your QB?

We already have a QB better than those guys. Sorry folks if you want an upgrade at QB we will probably have to wait another couple of years. This crop is a downgrade for the next few years.

Remember we wasted three number one picks on QBs (Bledsoe, RJ, JP) Fitz has outplayed as Bills. You don't pick a QB just to pick one becuae our guy now has flaws.

Jones and Wilson are the only ones in this lot could be great QBs otherwise you are correct.

None of these QB's are worth our #1 (maybe the 10th overall?)... Wait till rd 2 and pick one then... get a stud LB or WR in Rd 1....

QBs win championships in todays NFL.

Bray has all the tools with no game at this point. He way out played Glennon in the opener but has regressed badly as the season went along.

I believe Bray is smart enough to stay in and if he can get it together could be one of the best QBs to come out in years. His arm strength, spiral and release are way above anybody out there.

If he does come out I'd take a 3rd rnder on him and see if Chan can coach him up.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Someone send buddy to Clemson now to find out if Tahj Boyd and his 8 td game from yesterday are gonna be in draft.

This kids legit..... Gotta say no to Barkley but his mid range accuracy blows fitz away.

The more I see of Tajh Boyd, the more I like his game. IMO, the ACC is where the best QB prospects are at. The only Pac-12 QB I'd even consider taking is Marcus Mariota, -and he won't come out 'til after the 2014 season. I only see five QB's worth taking this draft.

Geno Smith

Logan Thomas

Landry Jones

Tajh Boyd

Stephen Morris

Only two legitimate first rounders in this bunch. Smith, and Jones. It would be so much better to trade our first pick to Baltimore, for Tyrod Taylor, and a 3rd.

Edited by #34fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.