Benghazi

The CIA operates with an alarming degree of autonomy. There's an incredibly good chance that the Oval Office had no idea at all that this was going on; and it wouldn't be unique to this Administration. Further, we do this sort of thing all the time, and have for decades.

Finally, we can blame this on Bush. Bush is to blame for Benghazi

The CIA operates with an alarming degree of autonomy. There's an incredibly good chance that the Oval Office had no idea at all that this was going on; and it wouldn't be unique to this Administration. Further, we do this sort of thing all the time, and have for decades.

Well, they came up with a cover story rather quickly, eh? The ambassador was involved, I assume the highest level in the State Department knew also. Allowing 1/2 a billion dollars of arms to go to Al Qaeda isn't just a CIA decision.

Benghazi attack could have been prevented

Daily Mail [uK], by David Martosko

The Citizens Commission on Benghazi, a self-selected group of former top military officers, CIA insiders and think-tankers, declared Tuesday in Washington that a seven-month review of the deadly 2012 terrorist attack has determined that it could have been prevented – if the U.S. hadn't been helping to arm al-Qaeda militias throughout Libya a year earlier.

'The United States switched sides in the war on terror with what we did in Libya, knowingly facilitating the provision of weapons to known al-Qaeda militias and figures,' Clare Lopez, a member of the commission and a former CIA officer, told MailOnline.

She blamed the Obama administration for failing to stop half of a $1 billion United Arab Emirates arms shipment from reaching al-Qaeda-linked militants.

'Remember, these weapons that came into Benghazi were permitted to enter by our armed forces who were blockading the approaches from air and sea,' Lopez claimed. 'They were permitted to come in. ... [They] knew these weapons were coming in, and that was allowed..

'The intelligence community was part of that, the Department of State was part of that, and certainly that means that the top leadership of the United States, our national security leadership, and potentially Congress – if they were briefed on this – also knew about this.'

The weapons were intended for Gaddafi but allowed by the U.S. to flow to his Islamist opposition.

{snip}

The White House and the National Security Staff did not immediately respond to questions about the group's findings.

'We don't claim to have all the answers here,' said Roger Aronoff, whose center-right group Accuracy in Media sponsored the group and its work.

'We hope you will, please, pursue this,' he told reporters. 'Check it out. Challenge us.'

The commission and AIM filed 85 document requests under the Freedom Of Information Act, hitting the Department of Defense, State Department, Federal Bureau of Investigation and Central Intelligence Agency with demand after demand.

But most of its information has come from insiders with deep knowledge of the flow of weapons in Libya and elsewhere in the African Maghreb.

Some of the group's claims strain credibility, including the assertion that the Obama administration's early effort to blame the Benghazi attack on a protest against a crude anti-Muslim YouTube video 'appears to have been well-coordinated with U.S.Muslim Brotherhood organizations as well as Islamic state members of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2zjDXbzLg

I'm surprised this isn't getting more traction here.

Lol, you could have just admitted that no they do not

So, Congress has subpoena power and they are being stonewalled in their investigation by the administration. Don't you care what happened? Oh, i forgot, stuff like this keeps you in stitches.

So, Congress has subpoena power and they are being stonewalled in their investigation by the administration. Don't you care what happened? Oh, i forgot, stuff like this keeps you in stitches.

I can't focus on this just now, my own Citizens Committee composed of an veteran of the Air Force, me, is still investigating the USS Cole bombing. We are going to get to the bottom of that preventable disaster and expose Clinton--lol--for his killing of American servicemen! Are you not concerned about the Cole??

And I wonder what role Reagan had in letting the preventable Stark attack happen....you probably don't care about that either

I can't focus on this just now, my own Citizens Committee composed of an veteran of the Air Force, me, is still investigating the USS Cole bombing. We are going to get to the bottom of that preventable disaster and expose Clinton--lol--for his killing of American servicemen! Are you not concerned about the Cole??

And I wonder what role Reagan had in letting the preventable Stark attack happen....you probably don't care about that either

I'm not the one laughing about their deaths, now am I?

More fuel on the fire. More evidence that the White House covered up the truth about Benghazi....

http://www.foxnews.c...rice-for-video/

more on this...............they went with a story that they knew wasn't true, political expediency

New Benghazi E-mails Show WH Telling Rice to Play Up Video to Protect Obama

By Andrew Johnson

New e-mails in the days after the September 11, 2012 Benghazi attack reveal that the Obama White House urged Susan Rice to “underscore that these protests are rooted in an Internet video” ahead of her controversial Sunday-show appearances.

Documents obtained by Judicial Watch show deputy national-security adviser Ben Rhodes providing Rice, as well as others on the e-mail, with a list of “goals” for handling the attacks. Two of them:

bullet_blue.gif “To underscore that these protests are rooted in an Internet video, and not a broader failure of policy.”

bullet_blue.gif “To reinforce the President and Administration’s strength and steadiness in dealing with difficult challenges.”

He wrote that the president and administration “find [the video] disgusting and reprehensible,” but said that “there is absolutely no justification at all for responding to this move with violence.”

Additionally, Rhodes recommended Rice herald President Obama ahead of the upcoming elections.

“I think that people have come to trust that President Obama provides leadership that is steady and statesmanlike,” Rhodes wrote. “There are always going to be challenges that emerge around the world, and time and again, he has shown that we can meet them.”

Rhodes’s communications follow the finalization of a set of “talking points” from the intelligence community, which came in for substantial revisions from the State Department.

Cherry picked email that proves nothing

Good grief you are stubborn. Anyone paying attention before today can see this situation for what it is. Let me take my best shot at how Obama, his Whitehouse and re-election campaign dealt with this. They had to cover the truth as they knew it could cost him the election. The timing of the event was horrible. Their spin on the truth was justified in their minds because it wouldn't be fair if 1 bad event at just the wrong time caused voters to make a poor short term decision to elect the other guy.