Benghazi

That didn't really stop the House from impeaching Andrew Johnson or Bill Clinton.

Andrew Johnson completely undermined the entire plan for reconstruction of the Union while congress was out of session. Clinton lied to congress while under oath.

Jeez, I knew that I shouldn't have posted that article that spoke of impeachment...................................its not going to happen.

this "hearing" however, could turn out to be more than I thought, despite media disinterest and it being such a "long time ago" (Jay Carney )

the witnesses are actual higher ups in the State dpt.

via Oversight and Reform:

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa today announced three witnesses who will appear at a full committee hearing, “Benghazi: Exposing Failure and Recognizing Courage,” on Wednesday, May 8, 2013, at 11:30 AM in 2154 Rayburn House Office Building.

Witnesses:

Mr. Mark Thompson

Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary for Counterterrorism

US Department of State

Mr. Gregory Hicks

Foreign Service Officer and former Deputy Chief of Mission/Chargé d’Affairs in Libya

US Department of State

Mr. Eric Nordstrom

Diplomatic Security Officer and former Regional Security Officer in Libya

US Department of State

More about Hicks via Fox News:

Hicks is a veteran Foreign Service officer whose overseas postings have also included Afghanistan, Syria, and Yemen.

Rep. Jason Chaffetz, a Utah Republican and committee member, said Hicks was in Tripoli at 9:40 p.m. local time when he received one of Stevens’ earliest phone calls amid the crisis.

“We’re under attack! We’re under attack!” the ambassador reportedly shouted into his cell phone at Hicks.

Chaffetz, who subsequently debriefed Hicks, also said the deputy “immediately called into Washington to trigger all the mechanisms” for an inter-agency response.

“The real-life trauma that [Hicks] went through,” Chaffetz recalled to Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren, “I mean, I really felt it in his voice. It was hard to listen to. He’s gone through a lot, but he did a great job.”

Fox News talked to former UN Ambassador, John Bolton who said he was stunned at the stature of these whistleblowers. He said the hearing, next week could be very dramatic.

The Complete Benghazi Timeline in Spreadsheet Format

The evidence of a cover-up is becoming clear, thanks to information recently released about what happened at Benghazi. Doug Ross of Director Blue has pulled together information from Stephen Hayes and the House Oversight Committee that leads to, in his words, "four inescapable conclusions":

a) Hillary Clinton lied under oath to Congress.

b) Barack Obama went to sleep knowing that a U.S. Ambassador and other Americans were under terrorist attack.

c) Barack Obama awoke refreshed the next day to begin fundraising.

d) The entire Executive Branch lied repeatedly to the American people to save Obama's chances for reelection.

Here's the spreadsheet: (at link)

Edited by B-Man

Andrew Johnson completely undermined the entire plan for reconstruction of the Union while congress was out of session. Clinton lied to congress while under oath.

So basically the House impeached Johnson for disagreeing with them, while using his dismissal of a cabinet member without Congressional authorization as a pretext.

Clinton didn't lie to Congress under oath. The allegation was that it was before a grand jury, and even then he was playing word games to be evasive. Not that I really have any desire to defend Bubba, but the bottom line is that he was giving a line of crap over a blow job. Not exactly treason there.

I somehow doubt the framers included the impeachment provisions into the Constitution to remove a president for anything short of things such as outright corruption, abuse of power, looting the treasury for personal gain and treason.

Frankly, Nixon is the only president whose conduct was enough that he should have been impeached and removed from office, and he had the good sense to resign beforehand.

So basically the House impeached Johnson for disagreeing with them, while using his dismissal of a cabinet member without Congressional authorization as a pretext.

Clinton didn't lie to Congress under oath. The allegation was that it was before a grand jury, and even then he was playing word games to be evasive. Not that I really have any desire to defend Bubba, but the bottom line is that he was giving a line of crap over a blow job. Not exactly treason there.

I somehow doubt the framers included the impeachment provisions into the Constitution to remove a president for anything short of things such as outright corruption, abuse of power, looting the treasury for personal gain and treason.

Frankly, Nixon is the only president whose conduct was enough that he should have been impeached and removed from office, and he had the good sense to resign beforehand.

I agree with you on Clinton's impeachment. And you were right there, Clinton lied to a grand jury and not congress. Thank you for correcting me. I also agree with you the Nixon should, and would have been removed from office had he not resigned.

Johnson we could argue about for days. I had a history teacher in college that claimed southern plantation owners would show up at his office and he would make them do things like bark like a dog or cluck like a chicken and if they did this he would pardon them. I've never found anything concrete to corroborate what he was saying, but if that was true I think it would constitute a severe abuse of power and therefore reasonable argument for impeachment.

Still perjury, and technically still an impeachable offense.

And complete bull ****. Beyond complete bull ****, in fact - Ken Starr's investigation should never have had the breadth of scope that it had. How that went from investigating Whitewater to impeaching the president over a blow job is ridiculous.

Still perjury, and technically still an impeachable offense.

And complete bull ****. Beyond complete bull ****, in fact - Ken Starr's investigation should never have had the breadth of scope that it had. How that went from investigating Whitewater to impeaching the president over a blow job is ridiculous.

Tom, you're a history buff aren't you. Do you know if there is any truth to what my college history teacher was claiming? The only thing I've found corroborating his claim is blogs.

Nixon's poor conduct (covering up a political burglary which even his critics admit he had no prior knowledge) has been exceeded in terms of severity countless time by Obama and his crew IMO (and by other administrations frankly). The standards now of right and wrong in our society are so relaxed in comparison to the early 70's. The Benghazi coverup is worse by large magnitude. People were killed but Obama and Hillary were more interested in their own politcal asses than addressing it openly. The liberal stance is so anti-military that not even defending our own diplomats in a life and death situation is a priority.

Back on track of Benghazi,

let us not forget what happened to anyone who dared challenge the administration's story put out on the talking head shows by Susan Rice.

They were evidence of the GOP's war on women and racists..................................no questioning the party line allowed.

and who was criticized the most immediately after Benghazi.....Obama ?...........Biden ?..........Clinton ?

No, it was Mitt Romney, because he put a statement the next day, that didn't meet the Pre-election narrative.

many on this board jumped on the Mitt was wrong bandwagon too......................

I've never fully believed the Benghazi story would completely come out, and it appears I was wrong.

Interested to see who in the media reports on Wednesday's whistleblower testimonies.

http://www.cbsnews.c...during-attacks/

The deputy of slain U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens has told congressional investigators that a team of Special Forces prepared to fly from Tripoli to Benghazi during the Sept. 11, 2012 attacks was forbidden from doing so by U.S. Special Operations Command South Africa.

The account from Gregory Hicks is in stark contrast to assertions from the Obama administration, which insisted that nobody was ever told to stand down and that all available resources were utilized. Hicks gave private testimony to congressional investigators last month in advance of his upcoming appearance at a congressional hearing Wednesday.

According to excerpts released Monday, Hicks told investigators that SOCAFRICA commander Lt. Col. Gibson and his team were on their way to board a C-130 from Tripoli for Benghazi prior to an attack on a second U.S. compound "when [Col. Gibson] got a phone call from SOCAFRICA which said, 'you can't go now, you don't have the authority to go now.' And so they missed the flight ... They were told not to board the flight, so they missed it."

In a serious society, Benghazi, standing alone, would spell the end of Hillary Clinton’s public career.

Hillary Clinton — culpable for Benghazi from beginning to end.

“When it first became clear that the CIA’s Benghazi talking points had been altered, many of us viewed the White House as the prime suspect. After all, it served President Obama’s political purposes to claim, at the height of a political campaign in which he was taking credit for the fall of al Qaeda, that the death of a U.S. ambassador was down to spontaneous outrage over a video, rather than pre-planned terrorism. It turns out, however, that the State Department was the prime culprit. It was State that pushed back hard against the original talking points. The White House, probably for the political reason cited above, took its side.”

To be clear: the non-response by the military is a matter of procedures too rigid at the top of the Pentagon and should be debated, but should not divert our attention from the real issues.

Far more serious and of a different nature was the claim that a video had provoked a spontaneous mob and that Benghazi was not a terrorist attack.

That was the deliberate manipulation or fictional creation of intelligence. It raises the matter of deception. Who provided that rationale to U.N. ambassador Susan Rice? That is a grave issue that has nothing to do with the military.

Edited by B-Man

In a serious society, Benghazi, standing alone, would spell the end of Hillary Clinton’s public career.

Whatever happened to the guy who made the video? Is he still in jail

Hillary Clinton — culpable for Benghazi from beginning to end.

To be clear: the non-response by the military is a matter of procedures too rigid at the top of the Pentagon and should be debated, but should not divert our attention from the real issues.

Far more serious and of a different nature was the claim that a video had provoked a spontaneous mob and that Benghazi was not a terrorist attack.

That was the deliberate manipulation or fictional creation of intelligence. It raises the matter of deception. Who provided that rationale to U.N. ambassador Susan Rice? That is a grave issue that has nothing to do with the military.

The more I read about this, the more perturbed I become. Tomorrow's testimony will be eventful.

REMINDER: HILLARY PUSHED THE “INTERNET VIDEO” STORY AT FUNERAL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SY81JQZ3_bI

Hilary pushed the fraudulent video narrative while standing over the caskets of Ambassador Stevens and the other three murdered Americans.

The optics on this alone should haunt her for the rest of her political life.

Clinton comments occur from 16:25-17:45

“This has been a difficult week for the State Department and for our country. We’ve seen the heavy assault on our post in Benghazi that took the lives of those brave men. We’ve seen rage and violence directed at American embassies over an awful internet video that we had nothing do to with. It’s hard for the American people to make sense of that, because it is senseless, and it is totally unacceptable.

She knowingly lied.........................................no other way to state it.

The more I read about this, the more perturbed I become. Tomorrow's testimony will be eventful.

REMINDER: HILLARY PUSHED THE “INTERNET VIDEO” STORY AT FUNERAL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SY81JQZ3_bI

Hilary pushed the fraudulent video narrative while standing over the caskets of Ambassador Stevens and the other three murdered Americans.

The optics on this alone should haunt her for the rest of her political life.

Clinton comments occur from 16:25-17:45

She knowingly lied.........................................no other way to state it.

Hillary lied, after people died.

Mitt Romney owns a horse

Chris Christie is fat

Marco Rubio is a White Hispanic

etc....

Bengazi will be old news by 2016 and the MSM will be off on whatever tangent attracts the attention of the low information voters