Meanwhile in the rest of the world

/dev/null

You think I give two craps what anybody thinks about me here? That's a good one. I've got plenty of friends. I'm here to say what's on my mind. Nothing more, nothing less. If you don't like it, tough cookies.

You won't answer my question because you can't. You can't muster your own thoughts. You can only spew out stuff you've been hearing all along. You tow the company line. If they don't tell you why we have such a strong relationship with Israel, you can't answer it.

Perhaps I don't care why? Which talking points have I been spouting? If you go on pro-Israel media, you won't see my talking points.

I always enjoy the accusations of "talking points". I'm not the one who flips out regularly here, takes his ball and goes home only to come back and spew the same BS.

This is the self-moderation I love so much about this forum :lol:

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps I don't care why? Which talking points have I been spouting? If you go on pro-Israel media, you won't see my talking points.

I always enjoy the accusations of "talking points". I'm not the one who flips out regularly here, takes his ball and goes home only to come back and spew the same BS.

This is the self-moderation I love so much about this forum :lol:

Well perhaps you should seeing that plenty of our tax dollars finds its way there annually. And I don't "flip out regularly". I don't even post regularly. I've been insulted in this thread already and I haven't flipped out.

The point I'm trying to make is you will respond to my posts and then when encountered with a question you can't answer you resort yourself to insults, such as "no one takes you seriously enough", or something like that. Ignore me completely if that's the case.

As far as "talking points" goes, no one really knows why we're so buddy-buddy with Israel. We've simply been conditioned to just accept it. There was a great reason for our relationship in the past, but that's no longer the case.

Well perhaps you should seeing that plenty of our tax dollars finds its way there annually. And I don't "flip out regularly". I don't even post regularly. I've been insulted in this thread already and I haven't flipped out.

I am Canadian. My tax dollars don't go towards Israel (at least I don't think so) but I agree with how they handle the situation there including investing heavily in precision technology to prevent even further fatalities. If Hamas or any Palestinian group had access to the kind of weaponry Israel has, do you think less or more people would have died over a seven day period?

There are plenty of times where you have flipped out in the past. Do you really want me to start looking up some of your old threads in PPP?

The point I'm trying to make is you will respond to my posts and then when encountered with a question you can't answer you resort yourself to insults, such as "no one takes you seriously enough", or something like that. Ignore me completely if that's the case.

The reason that no one takes you seriously is your logic. I don't need to explain myself further. I am at least consistent in my opinion. You on the other hand aren't.

As far as "talking points" goes, no one really knows why we're so buddy-buddy with Israel. We've simply been conditioned to just accept it. There was a great reason for our relationship in the past, but that's no longer the case.

I dunno, holocaust guilt? My brother is Jewish, so is his family so that's why I have an interest. That being said I was criticized by some from his side because I don't agree with the continued settlement construction and appeasement on the settlers in the West Bank.

Everyone who has no clue about the actual situation resorts to talking points. If you think I do, then you don't know jack ****.

Edited by meazza

I am Canadian. My tax dollars don't go towards Israel (at least I don't think so) but I agree with how they handle the situation there including investing heavily in precision technology to prevent even further fatalities. If Hamas or any Palestinian group had access to the kind of weaponry Israel has, do you think less or more people would have died over a seven day period?

There are plenty of times where you have flipped out in the past. Do you really want me to start looking up some of your old threads in PPP?

The reason that no one takes you seriously is your logic. I don't need to explain myself further. I am at least consistent in my opinion. You on the other hand aren't.

I dunno, holocaust guilt? My brother is Jewish, so is his family so that's why I have an interest. That being said I was criticized by some from his side because I don't agree with the continued settlement construction and appeasement on the settlers in the West Bank.

Everyone who has no clue about the actual situation resorts to talking points. If you think I do, then you don't know jack ****.

I didn't know you are Canadian, but being Canadian shouldn't prevent you from answering the question. More people would have died. I didn't say I never flipped out, I simply said I don't flip out REGULARLY. I'm not consistent with my opinion? I'm calling BS on that. Your family being Jewish explains a lot. I appreciate your stance on settlements. That cover everything? Now you try.

I didn't know you are Canadian, but being Canadian shouldn't prevent you from answering the question. More people would have died. I didn't say I never flipped out, I simply said I don't flip out REGULARLY. I'm not consistent with my opinion? I'm calling BS on that. Your family being Jewish explains a lot. I appreciate your stance on settlements. That cover everything? Now you try.

I meant logic not opinion. That being said, I'm always willing to call a spade a spade. Even if I cheer for a team, I'll call out the lame duck coach and QB if i feel they aren't delivering unlike many political junkies on the left or the right.

Good read:

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/11/19/how_hamas_won_the_war?page=0,0

I meant logic not opinion. That being said, I'm always willing to call a spade a spade. Even if I cheer for a team, I'll call out the lame duck coach and QB if i feel they aren't delivering unlike many political junkies on the left or the right.

Good read:

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/11/19/how_hamas_won_the_war?page=0,0

I agree with that column. Thanks for sharing.

Hamas is trying to get the blockade lifted. I don't agree with their methods in doing so, but don't pretend to act like there's no reason for their attacks on Israel.

Yes clearly a strategy of firing rockets into Israeli population centers is solely for the purpose of removing a blockade that was instituted because of rockets being fired into Israeli population centers.

I'm sure that Hamas' stated goal of eradicating Israel has nothing to do with it.

lol what a joke. All you do is spit out regurgitated spoon fed special interest/media propaganda, while fancying yourself some kind of independent thinker. You ought to get back to your one word name calling routine, you sound somewhat less stupid that way

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

lol what a joke. All you do is spit out regurgitated spoon fed special interest/media propaganda, while fancying yourself some kind of independent thinker. You ought to get back to your one word name calling routine, you sound somewhat less stupid that way

:lol: Coming from you that hurts :lol:

Which regurgitated spoon fed special interest/media propaganda did I spit out?

Yes clearly a strategy of firing rockets into Israeli population centers is solely for the purpose of removing a blockade that was instituted because of rockets being fired into Israeli population centers.

I'm sure that Hamas' stated goal of eradicating Israel has nothing to do with it.

They want to destroy Israel with bottle rockets???

They want to destroy Israel with bottle rockets???

Yes, because that's what I said. Clearly. With no misrepresentation or mischaracterization on your part. The Arabs are going to bust out sparklers and Roman candles later this week, then some Jews gonna die.

--------------------------------------------

Of course on the other side of stupidland, the Palestinian militants are firing explosive ordinance into Israeli population centers, without provocation, in an effort to murder people, create chaos and try to goad Israel into committing an atrocity.

The gauntlet has been laid out. Answer the million dollar question. Why are we friends with Israel? It's okay, I'll wait. I've been waiting a couple of hours on that answer already. And please don't tell me it's because we need them or because they're the only "democracy" in the region. Before we had military bases in Afghanistan, Iraq and Saudi Arabia I could understand why we need them, but now that we do...

Yes, because that's what I said. Clearly. With no misrepresentation or mischaracterization on your part. The Arabs are going to bust out sparklers and Roman candles later this week, then some Jews gonna die.

--------------------------------------------

Of course on the other side of stupidland, the Palestinian militants are firing explosive ordinance into Israeli population centers, without provocation, in an effort to murder people, create chaos and try to goad Israel into committing an atrocity.

Towing the company line, I see. No provocation whatsoever. You are the stupid one if you believe that. You're also incredibly retarded if you think Hamas truly believes they can cause any real damage to USrael with those pathetic rockets. Over 1000 shot towards U.S.rael with only 3 deaths and you still believe Hamas is out to destroy Israel. In the meantime, Gaza's infrastructure is destroyed yet again and over 100 lives lost.

The gauntlet has been laid out. Answer the million dollar question. Why are we friends with Israel? It's okay, I'll wait. I've been waiting a couple of hours on that answer already. And please don't tell me it's because we need them or because they're the only "democracy" in the region. Before we had military bases in Afghanistan, Iraq and Saudi Arabia I could understand why we need them, but now that we do...

Because we not only share common cultural goals and values with the Israelis, but also because we chose to be their friends.

Though I will humor you and won't say it's because we need them. We don't need them

Edited by Koko78

NoJustice what are you ultimately getting at here. Palestine/Israel conflict aside (for which I think most reasonable people believe a 2 state solution is really the only way to go)...you feel Hamas are righteous people?

Never have I said they are righteous. I regularly condemn them and and any other terrorist organization.

Hamas is only good for one thing--Israel. That's probably why they helped them get off the ground in the first place. Check it out for yourself. Hamas was started and funded by the Israelis.

Towing the company line, I see. No provocation whatsoever. You are the stupid one if you believe that. You're also incredibly retarded if you think Hamas truly believes they can cause any real damage to USrael with those pathetic rockets. Over 1000 shot towards U.S.rael with only 3 deaths and you still believe Hamas is out to destroy Israel. In the meantime, Gaza's infrastructure is destroyed yet again and over 100 lives lost.

We have always been friends with Israel. They are the only proven democracy in the Middle East. Ever since the 80's we've had a free trade agreement with them, and they are an important trading partner. There are many hi-tech projects that we work on together.

Never have I said they are righteous. I regularly condemn them and and any other terrorist organization.

Hamas is only good for one thing--Israel. That's probably why they helped them get off the ground in the first place. Check it out for yourself. Hamas was started and funded by the Israelis.

Well you keep going on as if to excuse Hamas missiles as somehow justified, understandable, or insignificant. Seems to me they are non of those things.