Bills win despite coaching

l2yangop

+1

The play-calling was fine tonight. Believe it or not, Miami has a good defense. I don't understand what people expect out there.

If we converted any of the many 3rd and 1's we had, it would have potentially been a blow-out. It's not Chan's fault that we can't gain a single yard on 3rd and 1.

This is an area where it helps to have Fred.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've figured it out. Chan is okay on 1st and 2nd down. Then, he is TERRIBLE on 3rd down and the Red Zone. He telegraphs to the defense the play he is running. Why always go empty backfield, why not play action to Spiller, etc. TERRIBLE .

yes, he gives it away with the looks of his formation; plus, when was the last time he called a throw out of the Wildcat ?

Colts have Wayne, Hilton, Fleener and Allen (is that who the other TE is?) who can all get vertical. Buffalo has to dominate possession if they're going to win. Otherwise, I see the Bills D going back to bad

Thank you for knowing the difference between "dominate" and "dominant."

Why is it we were able to move the ball between the 20s at will only to stop dead in our tracks once we got into scoring range? The difference, and ONLy difference was no CJ on the field. Chan is an absolute disgrace.

I agree with your post but want to point out that while taking CJ out in the redzone is stupid, is not the only reason the Bills had difficulty scoring.

As you know, the compressed field and having 22 guys running around in a much smaller area is one of the reasons that redzone scoring is such a special challenge for all teams.

But yes. I remember two plays last season where the mere presence of Spiller drew coverage towards him and opened up space for TD receptions.

I agree with your post but want to point out that while taking CJ out in the redzone is stupid, is not the only reason the Bills had difficulty scoring.

As you know, the compressed field and having 22 guys running around in a much smaller area is one of the reasons that redzone scoring is such a special challenge for all teams.

But yes. I remember two plays last season where the mere presence of Spiller drew coverage towards him and opened up space for TD receptions.

I understand the point of a condensed field. That still doesn't mean anything IMO for the sake of this argument. Sure, the point is valid, but that's more of a reason why Spiller should have been in the game.

So basically it's that much harder to get into the end zone so we should remove our best offensive weapon from the field and replace him with our 3rd string backup. Makes sense.

Lets take our best offensive weapon off the field entirely in the red zone and replace him with our 3rd string backup so that the offense isn't worried about the running back position at all. Makes sense.

It's 2 times stupid to remove CJ from the game in that position. You telegraph to the defense that its going to be a pass play in the first place, and in top of it you remove your best player from the play all together.

Near the end if the game I was actually hoping for the Dolphins to score and win. The Bills player deserved to win last night, the coaching and playcalling didn't. It's a shame that we should have had a 35-7 lead at halftime and its Chan's fault it was remotely close. Until we get a competent coach we will always be put in positions to lose even the simplest games.

I feel the same way about the Bills and Chan now as I did for Jurons last season. We are better off losing out every game until Chan gets fired.

3rd and goal on the 1 or 2yd line, fullback in for the play=pass to tightly covered/held TE. Go figure.

Those were of the most IGNORANT plays called by a offensive minded coach that i have ever seen , & not just once but like 3 times in the first quarter ...

What the hell was he thinking ????

3rd and goal on the 1 or 2yd line, fullback in for the play=pass to tightly covered/held TE. Go figure.

I haven't reviewed the game yet so I wasn't aware that CMac was on the field on that play.

A play in which the Bills had zero timeouts and could only stop the clock with a TD or an incomplete pass.

But yeah, let's put the fullback back there so we can make the Dolphins think… what?

Offensively, we got what we wanted...more spiller, but Chan still cant call a full game.

Defensively, we FINALLY get a decent pass rush and look at the results... sacks, ints and a much needed win.

Im not gonna jump the gun here and say the D turned the corner, but this performance does give me hope

Not really.

He was not in the game for several of the goal line offenses. Just before the half he was on the sideline with a winter coat on watching the game .. pissed me off.