Whose fault was it?

jjmac

How can you say they took the game off? Seriously, enlighten me. What did you see that I didn't? In my mind, divisional games are huge. So why on Earth would the Pats take this game off? And by the way, this team isn't a disgrace, the officiating was. I very rarely blame the officiating, but today was atrocious. That PI on Gilmore was a disgrace. The holding call on Wood was a disgrace. Your avatar is a disgrace. This Bills team performed valiantly against a superior team. Hardly a disgrace.

If the Pats were playing to their abilities, they would have wiped the floor with us as they normally do. The "bad calls" happen to bad teams, no excuses, play through it and win games. I appreciate the commentary on my avatar though.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when I heard it that it was Fitz covering for TJ. That is the kind of guy he is. He's not going to say his receiver ran the wrong route. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Chan or TJ himself says that he should have cut in, but I also wouldn't be surprised if no one throws anyone under the bus (even if they somewhat deserve it just so people don't blame Fitz for something he didnt do IF that was indeed the case.)

To me, you don't blame players in public for missing assignments or stuff like that under normal circumstances. This particular time, however, IF and only IF Fitz made the right read and right throw and TJ made the mistake, I think the public needs to know. It makes a difference on what the fans think of the quarterback.

Agreed, but at this point in his career with Buffalo, I think 99% of fans have made up their minds on how they think Fitz is as a QB regardless of today's play.

Seriously? There is EVERY reason to believe that the QB would cover for his receiver or be diplomatic. There is ZERO reason to believe that a WR who ran the right route would tell the press he ran the wrong route.

So it's ok for a QB to cover for his WR, but not for a WR to cover for his QB? Makes total sense.

So it's ok for a QB to cover for his WR, but not for a WR to cover for his QB? Makes total sense.

Yes. Absolutely. The QB is the leader of the team. He sticks up for guys. He doesn't blame players in public. That is the sign of a leader. A WR is never ever ever going to blame himself in public when he didn't make the mistake. I have never seen that happen and have been watching football for 45. That makes no sense at all.

you're clearly clueless.

Okay, if you say so. I guess Fitzpatrick didn't throw that ball directly to McCourty while trying to hit a rookie WR who gets one pass per week when Spiller is wide open. That pass never should have been thrown regardless if the route was run wrong or not. Good veteran QBs do not make that throw.

Edited by Not Again

Really? Every week after a loss there is a thread devoted to placing blame. It really doesn't matter if the defense is lacking or coaching leaves much to be desired or the WRs are not the best, because all that is true.

But having all that be true does not invalidate the point that Fitzpatrick is no damn good and the Bills will be severely restricted in how good they can be as long as he's the QB of the team.

Really? Every week after a loss there is a thread devoted to placing blame. It really doesn't matter if the defense is lacking or coaching leaves much to be desired or the WRs are not the best, because all that is true.

But having all that be true does not invalidate the point that Fitzpatrick is no damn good and the Bills will be severely restricted in how good they can be as long as he's the QB of the team.

There's plenty of blame to go around, whether you want to crucify, the owner, the coaches, Fitz, Graham...but no matter how you slice it, this team ALWAYS finds a way to come up small. A loser's mentality permeates the entire organization.