CIA chief petreus reisgns over affair?

I believe there is an email noting that George Bush once crossed paths with General Petraeus in a Piggly Wiggly in Norfolk, VA, thus laying the entire affair currently under investigation at Bush's doorstep. Damn that George Bush!

I live in the Norfolk area, and WTF is a Piggly Wiggly?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe it's just me, but the most important thing in what went down on 9/11/2012 is NOT what the WH knew and when they knew it, nor is it why they blamed a YouTube video for 2 days or 2 weeks. It's interesting, but does little to help prevent a reccurence. It's the job of the state department, in conjunction with the DOD and our national security organization. Yes, the POTUS is ultimately responsible, but there's so many professionals below him that have direct responsibility.

To you, it's all about how this investigation can place the blame on the WH, embarrass them, and why isn't this happening as fast and as furious as you would like it.

Here's the time line that counts. Sorry, no WH or CIA conspiracy found...

A two week old article?

But the article I read said it was totally unrelated. This is still just a sex story. Duh. No reason they shouldn't be getting it on.

"A source familiar with case told ABC News that Broadwell admitted to the FBI she took the documents from secure government buildings. The government demanded that they all be given back, and when federal agents descended on her North Carolina home on Monday night it was a pre-arranged meeting."

Some of the words are too big for you?

"A source familiar with case told ABC News that Broadwell admitted to the FBI she took the documents from secure government buildings. The government demanded that they all be given back, and when federal agents descended on her North Carolina home on Monday night it was a pre-arranged meeting."

Some of the words are too big for you?

The PPP I'm cool and tough act aside, I was totally giving a hard time to meathead.

But really, the article I read on it yesterday said it was unrelated to the affair - ie she got them on her own not through petraeus. Which one of your oh so big words says she got them from him?

I don't doubt it'd be related, was just relaying the initial reports I read.

The PPP I'm cool and tough act aside, I was totally giving a hard time to meathead.

But really, the article I read on it yesterday said it was unrelated to the affair - ie she got them on her own not through petraeus. Which one of your oh so big words says she got them from him?

I don't doubt it'd be related, was just relaying the initial reports I read.

I read an article about that as well. Its going to be interesting to if she got access on her own because everyone knew she was close (as his biographer) to the General. I'm not saying he was involved in any way, I could just imagine that doors would open for her quite easily, that might otherwise require more need-to-know.

I read an article about that as well. Its going to be interesting to if she got access on her own because everyone knew she was close (as his biographer) to the General. I'm not saying he was involved in any way, I could just imagine that doors would open for her quite easily, that might otherwise require more need-to-know.

for sure, but that might be true even without a secret affair, if they were thought to be close from the book and such shed have a lot more open doors than just a journalist.

she certainly had potential to a lot of access either way.

still, i think the affairs a valid story to be getting coverage right now (shouldve been sooner). i think the kelley and her sister stuff will be get your popcorn ready material - both sound CRAZY potentially. i think meats being a bit silly with his "but its 2 consenting adults" stuff. it is, but clearly a lot more around it too.

Edited by NoSaint

Margaret Carlson: Forget Petraeus: The Problem Is The FBI.

What’s criminal here is that the agency kept investigating even after realizing what it had on its hands was a reckless affair — and aren’t they all? — not a threat to national security. We’re not Saudi Arabia. We don’t stone adulterers. The punishment suffered privately is more than enough.”

Well, an affair exposes you to blackmail from inside and outside the government. But then, that’s because they’re punished.

UPDATE: Obama defends FBI on Petraeus.

Margaret Carlson: Forget Petraeus: The Problem Is The FBI.

What’s criminal here is that the agency kept investigating even after realizing what it had on its hands was a reckless affair — and aren’t they all? — not a threat to national security. We’re not Saudi Arabia. We don’t stone adulterers. The punishment suffered privately is more than enough.”

Well, an affair exposes you to blackmail from inside and outside the government. But then, that’s because they’re punished.

UPDATE: Obama defends FBI on Petraeus.

Why did Petraeus willingly accept resignation?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

so the skank stole some documents and should be held accountable, but that coulda happened if she was the generals cleaning lady, which in a way she was spank hump

That's right because we've all heard that saying "there's nothing like a cleaning lady scorned".

nothing that has been said has changed my mind one iota

i just dont care who the general is boning as long as it isnt a subordinate. thats between him, his wife, his bitches, and god if there is one. nuthin to do with his job, as far as its been reported so far anyway

What makes it the best timeline?

of those I read, maybe 3-4, this one gave details not included in others. About the Libyan machine guns (detail about trying to commandeer them and when that happened), the mortars not being lasered (I read the opposite in all the other articles), and the drone never seeing the mortars.

quotes like this:

The senior intelligence official said that he doesn’t know whether Woods or any of the other team members agitated to go sooner but added that he wouldn’t be surprised. “I want them to have a sense of urgency,” he said.

this a commander speaking...

hey, maybe other articles did as good, maybe even better. Got any links? Like I asked before, has something come out since this that changes things?

for sure, but that might be true even without a secret affair, if they were thought to be close from the book and such shed have a lot more open doors than just a journalist.

she certainly had potential to a lot of access either way.

still, i think the affairs a valid story to be getting coverage right now (shouldve been sooner). i think the kelley and her sister stuff will be get your popcorn ready material - both sound CRAZY potentially. i think meats being a bit silly with his "but its 2 consenting adults" stuff. it is, but clearly a lot more around it too.

yes, that's exactly what I was saying, that she was well known as the General's biographer, I doubt if more than a handful of people knew about the affair, but just a guess.

for sure, kelley has all kinds of skeletons in her drive-in closet

I'm trying to get my head around how General Allen and Jill Kelley managed to exchange 20-30K pages of emails in 2 years? Who does that?

Edited by In-A-Gadda-Levitre