"The Bills are determined to spoil their rival's season"

Hail Flutie

That's the tagline for the Bills in the new Thursday Night Football commercial. It instantly made me depressed.

*Week 10 and its been decided that all the Bills are playing for is to be spoilers.

*The team they are trying to spoil, is the Dolphins. This is sad on so many levels.

*No mention of a specific Bills players, as in "so and so and the Bills..." Few teams can get that treatment.

*Oh yeah, this is our only primetime game...and I'm dreading the performance they might give the country.

lol what else are they supposed to say?

you can't put enough lipstick on this pig

i guess it beats "hey guys remember marino and kelly? that was cool right? well this isn't that but please watch anyways"

this made me lol

Nobody respects our franchise. They are a complete joke to most of the media and the fans.

A couple of weeks ago, I was watching the Denver-New England game and Phil Simms made the statement that "Peyton Manning started the No Huddle Offense."

Not a single mention of Jim Kelly and the Bills (who tore up the league using that offense 10 years before Manning came into the league) - or Boomer Esiason and the Benglas (who actually started the idea).

The disgusting part is, Simms played QB the same time as Kelly and Esiason and knows exactly who first made the No Huddle Offense big in the NFL. He just doesn't think Buffalo or Cincinnati are important enough to mention.

Nobody respects our franchise. They are a complete joke to most of the media and the fans.

A couple of weeks ago, I was watching the Denver-New England game and Phil Simms made the statement that "Peyton Manning started the No Huddle Offense."

Not a single mention of Jim Kelly and the Bills (who tore up the league using that offense 10 years before Manning came into the league) - or Boomer Esiason and the Benglas (who actually started the idea).

The disgusting part is, Simms played QB the same time as Kelly and Esiason and knows exactly who first made the No Huddle Offense big in the NFL. He just doesn't think Buffalo or Cincinnati are important enough to mention.

We're not important enough to mention & that's our owner's fault.

What sucks even more, is I have tickets for the game. Oh well. There's no hockey, yet. So I am going to venture out and try to have a good time. Maybe the game will mean something, but I doubt it.

The tailgate will still be a blast. Thursday is the 2nd best party night of the week. And as bad as the Bills are playing, we still need to represent in primetime why we have the best fans. There's be noise about Seattle being better so we need to show the nation what we have.

Yet if we beat NE, all that talk stops and it becomes playoffs again. And yes I realized I should like a crack addict. The Bills are my drug and keep telling myself they are good for me. Meanwhile, I'm losing my teeth and weigh 100 lbs.

Right, if we beat NE and follow it up with another win aganst Miami, they will have more things to say. I'm sure if you watched the previews for the Ravens/Browns, Chargers/Chiefs or Colts/Jags games, you would hear similar things.

lol what else are they supposed to say?

you can't put enough lipstick on this pig

i guess it beats "hey guys remember marino and kelly? that was cool right? well this isn't that but please watch anyways"

After making us suffer though the game last night, they have to be dying with the thought of the Bills next week....

Right, if we beat NE and follow it up with another win aganst Miami, they will have more things to say. I'm sure if you watched the previews for the Ravens/Browns, Chargers/Chiefs or Colts/Jags games, you would hear similar things.

The sad part is if by some fortunate of luck they beat NE, they follow it up by losing to Miami at home. such is the life of a Bills fan.

I'm not sure anymore if it's the lack of media respect or possibly they just don't know a lot about the Bills so they grasp to say something about a team they don't know much about whatsoever.

Let's face it, the Bills are one of the more obscure NFL teams, and of course that's of their own doing. You can't escape Obscurity Island by not making the playoffs for over a decade.

That's the tagline for the Bills in the new Thursday Night Football commercial. It instantly made me depressed.

*Week 10 and its been decided that all the Bills are playing for is to be spoilers.

*The team they are trying to spoil, is the Dolphins. This is sad on so many levels.

*No mention of a specific Bills players, as in "so and so and the Bills..." Few teams can get that treatment.

*Oh yeah, this is our only primetime game...and I'm dreading the performance they might give the country.

+1. I watch NFL network a lot and will have to suffer through this spot for several days. Well, even the producers are assuming we get crushed by the Pats and come into the game 3-6 with nothing but spoiler role for rest of season. They are right. I'll go play golf on Sunday and get the bad news when I come home.

The tailgate will still be a blast. Thursday is the 2nd best party night of the week. And as bad as the Bills are playing, we still need to represent in primetime why we have the best fans. There's be noise about Seattle being better so we need to show the nation what we have.

Not to mention that after the game fans will still have about 4-5 hours to hit the bars.