Why do I keep seeing on here Gailey would be good OC?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are endless complaints on here [ and rightfully so] about a empty backfield on 3 and 2 and expecting a inaccurate QB to throw deep. Few Carry's for CJ and FJ. Yet I see posts saying he would be a good OC but not HC material. What am I missing?

I'm not in that crowd, but I think that the belief is that with a HC in charge Gailey won't be able to be as stupid as he likes to be. A Strong HC like Cowher could contain the stupidity levels to the point where they won't cost you multiple ball games/year.

Too bad we can't get an enterprising Bills fan to hack the frequency that they use on game day. Maybe a gentle reminder to run the ball, no empty backfield sets etc. whispered into Gailey's ears would help.

I'm not in that crowd, but I think that the belief is that with a HC in charge Gailey won't be able to be as stupid as he likes to be. A Strong HC like Cowher could contain the stupidity levels to the point where they won't cost you multiple ball games/year.

Too bad we can't get an enterprising Bills fan to hack the frequency that they use on game day. Maybe a gentle reminder to run the ball, no empty backfield sets etc. whispered into Gailey's ears would help.

So Gailey needs a shock collar? Just let him go.

i wish i had control over the Gailey shock collar. I would push the button on every empty backfield play.

might as well get one for Mario too, and give him a little bump whenever it looks like hes slumping. But to be fair Mario is getting a second shot.... post wrist surgery FWIW in my book he can play so much better....ive seen him dominate before.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I think Gailey fell in love with how well their short 3-receiver spread game protected Ryan last year and how it reduced the men in the box allowing Fred and CJ to have big games. It is a strategy that works to perfection for NE so why not try to copy it? Well, NE has Brady - that would be one reason.

It really does work, if you have a QB and receivers that can make teams pay for the single coverage they turn to on the outside. Fitz AND our receivers for the second half of last year and this year all had moments of craptastic play that has generally lead to way too many 3 and outs.

When Fitz and the offense are clicking our Defense comes out flat and gets raped.

At this point, most folks would rather see CJ or Fred running 2-3 yards and getting stopped in a cloud of dust than the passing game that has proven to be ineffective and turnover-prone.

Gailey is not dumb, just very very very very very stubborn.

A QB that can make defenses pay would change the entire complextion of this offense.

There are endless complaints on here [ and rightfully so] about a empty backfield on 3 and 2 and expecting a inaccurate QB to throw deep. Few Carry's for CJ and FJ. Yet I see posts saying he would be a good OC but not HC material. What am I missing?

Do you not know?? Gailey is an "Offensive Mastermind"!!

Exactly the point...he is completely hamstrung by a QB that cannot throw a pass more than 15 yards in the air...he gets receivers wide open downfield and the QB can't get them the ball...