Jauron vs Gailey, Who's better, not even close!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the record, Jauron is better.

If you actually use your eyes and brain, Gailey is better by a wide margin.

At what exactly? Getting a backup QB to throw a bunch of bad passes and put up some mediocre passing numbers while losing game after game?

The man has 2 of the very best RB's in the league and he knows it, admits that they both should see 20 touches and then has his back up QB throw it all over while almost ignoring those superstar RB's. :doh:

Gailey is the head coach and responsible for the ENTIRE team!! LOOK at how bad the defense has been the last 3 years. Not just bad, but historically, setting NFL records for being bad. The defense is 31st and special teams is 30th.

I've said it before & I'll keep saying it. We should have kept Perry Fewell as HC & then hired Chan as the OC. Fewell already knew we needed a QB + the players played their hearts out for Perry. He really seems to know how to get the most out of players instead of the lack-luster performances we get from Dave Wanna-be.

Jauron received a 3 year 9mil extension which means Ralph paid that minus what he gets from Jacksonville.

I stand corrected that there was 3 years at 7-9 before 2009 happenned and got fired. Jauron even had a Billboard up to get him fired, where is Chan's?

Defensively we were much better pass wise under Jauron, always had runners in McGahee, Lynch, Jackson and now Spiller. The problem is QB and we still haven't solved that.

Chan's offensive philosphy doesn't fit his talent, he is not really that great a OC.

Nix is overrated too. Gets rid of Florence before he is sure his first and second year CB draft picks can play. Pass coverage is absolutely terrible!!! Spends all his money on defensive line and it isn't performing to the money. No QB drafted before 7th round in 3 years and gives a backup QB a Franchise contract, never has gotten a number two receiver but dishes one away in Evans. Missed on half his picks so far.

I don't believe either coaches/GM's were good enough though I would have given Fewell a shot also, I don't think we would have regressed this much.

I still believe Ralph has a opportunity here to win soon. Bring in Bill and Chris Polian and let them hire Gruden, Billick or someone of that stature. Trade for a QB that has had some success, ie.. Rivers, Romo and draft our future QB. Find some linebackers and a couple useable cornerbacks. Give Easley a shot.

I don't give a hoot about records. Jauron was the most infuriatingly terrible coach ever.

Interesting. Gailey has a considerably worse record with the Bills than Jauron did, is no more emotional than Jauron, seems to be infinitely more clueless than Jauron week to week, and as far as clock management goes I'd have to call it a tie because when you get as bad as they both are it's impossible to distinguish. Yet to you Jauron was "the most infuriatingly terrible coach ever". Care to elaborate? Or is it just another of my favorite "intangible, gut feel" things?

Edited by CodeMonkey

In his limited time as interm coach, I like a lot of what I saw from Perry Fewell<sp>. I wish he had been kept as the full time head coach, the Bills might be a better team because of it.

In retrospect, I agree. Now if you'd only drop the man-crush on Fitz.

Like half of TBD posters, I woke up depressed from the results last night. This thread is even more depressing.

Are we really debating who's better--a perennial 7-9 gutless wonder who leaves us feeling hopeless we'll ever rise out of medioctrity...or a 6-10 coach who at least leaves us hopeful we'll be relevant. A year ago, we were all bellowing the brilliance of Gailey's offensive schemes which got amazing production out of mid-round talent. Now, he's a retread because he couldn't find a way to beat the best D in the league last week.

During the dark Jauron years, I thought we'd never be relevant. At least with Gailey, I feel this team can turn the page any week.

F*$%, that's depressing!