Nix and Gailey Approval Poll

Nix and Gailey Approval Poll  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of the job Buddy Nix has been doing as Bills GM?

2. 2. Do you approve of the job Chan Gailey has been doing as Bills HC?

I voted yes for Nix. The talent is there in most places on the team. I'm not sure about Gailey. offensively I never worry about the scheme and that we get the best out of the players we have. The offense has been far more productive despite the limitations we have. His game day decisions sometimes bug me, and the defense sucking for all 3 years is where I waver on his ability as a coach

I gave Gailey a lot of credit in the past, and defended his decisions, but I can’t do that anymore. I used to love his confidence that he was trying to instill on his players, such as “I don’t hope to win, I expect to win,” compared to Dick Jauron’s famous quote “It’s hard to win in the NFL.” But lately, he just seems clueless. It’s clear that Gailey is just an offensive coach, not a head coach. Gailey has no accountability for his defense, he gave the reigns to Wannstedt and has his hands out of it. A head coach has to be responsible for all the actions and decisions on the team, but Gailey seems to be just concerned with the offense. After watching the Texans game this past weekend, I’m losing confidence in Gailey’s abilities to work an effective offense.

I feel Nix has brought in a lot of talent, resigned key players, and drafted decently, but not addressing the QB position is a big concern, as well as his choice for HC is now coming into question.

I voted unsure on Nix; no on Gailey. But Nix needs to get rid of this coaching staff (he can keep April). The misuse of personnel on both O and D is sickening. This should be an explosive, attacking defense, filling running lanes as they attack the ball. Instead, it is as generic and predictable as they come. The third down play where Gilmore was ten yards off the ball was my last straw. And Gailey's misuse of CJ and Freddie can no longer be denied. That second half last week was not the first time this has happened. Chan's lack of knowledge about what the heck is going on, on defense is nuts. If he was the OC, I would understand his comments. But it is obvious we do not have a Head Coach. We have three coordinators, and two of them aren't very good.

Negative on gailey. At best he's an OC and has no business being a HC. And as much as I'd like to

be neutral to marginally positive on nix, how can you not discount him to gaileys rating when he a)picked him, b) gave him the HC slot and c) recently supported him with another year as HC?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I voted no for both. Gailey is obvious; Nix because he hired Gailey and still offers him support.

You act like he had a lot of options to choose from.

Nix brought in Chandler, Pears, Urbik, Rinehart and Kyle Moore all off the scrap heap. We now have one of the better offensive lines in the league thanks in large part to Nix. We're sitting at 5-3 if our defense wasn't so inexplicably god awful. You can't tell me that falls on Nix. That falls on Wannstedt. Whether they make it or not, Dareus, Williams, Sheppard, Gilmore and Glenn were all the right picks at the time. Previous regimes would've gotten cute and not drafted Cordy Glenn. There is an element of luck involved with which players pan out too. I think Nix knows he needs a franchise QB and will take one next year even if it means trading up. He has been nothing but honest and forthright with the fans and I absolutely endorse Buddy Nix on this election day. But unfortunately, I had to go with "no" on Gailey.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

You act like he had a lot of options to choose from.

Nix brought in Chandler, Pears, Urbik, Rinehart and Kyle Moore all off the scrap heap. We now have one of the better offensive lines in the league thanks in large part to Nix. We're sitting at 5-3 if our defense wasn't so inexplicably god awful. You can't tell me that falls on Nix. That falls on Wannstedt. Whether they make it or not, Dareus, Williams, Sheppard, Gilmore and Glenn were all the right picks at the time. Previous regimes would've gotten cute and not drafted Cordy Glenn. There is an element of luck involved with which players pan out too. I think Nix knows he needs a franchise QB and will take one next year even if it means trading up. He has been nothing but honest and forthright with the fans and I absolutely endorse Buddy Nix on this election day. But unfortunately, I had to go with "no" on Gailey.

I won't forgive him for hiring his good ole-boyfriend. Hire someone you are prepared to fire for non-production. Also, he apparently was in collusion with Gailey on agreeing that they had their QB, a failure that I have difficulty believing any other GM in the NFL would make.

I voted unsure on Nix; no on Gailey. But Nix needs to get rid of this coaching staff (he can keep April). The misuse of personnel on both O and D is sickening. This should be an explosive, attacking defense, filling running lanes as they attack the ball. Instead, it is as generic and predictable as they come. The third down play where Gilmore was ten yards off the ball was my last straw. And Gailey's misuse of CJ and Freddie can no longer be denied. That second half last week was not the first time this has happened. Chan's lack of knowledge about what the heck is going on, on defense is nuts. If he was the OC, I would understand his comments. But it is obvious we do not have a Head Coach. We have three coordinators, and two of them aren't very good.

???

Nix is responsible for bringing the talent. The Bills have no QB even close to an NFL caliber starter, they have low quality receivers, linebackers, corners and safeties, the drafts have been mediocre at best, and Nix has supported Gailey, who is just a bumbling clownish joke as a head coach. Sorry, the old man doesn't get my vote. As for Gailey, obviously only people who are brain dead could support him.

Chan Gailey is done.

I still have a hard time digesting the Tavaris Jackson trade...

-he is a UFA in 2013

-he is still QB3 behind Thigpen

-we might have wasted a 7th round pick

He wasnt Vince Young and young needed to be made an example of after daring to deviate from chans mighty system

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Chan Gailey is not fit to be an NFL HC or OC, he is a college coach at best. Fire him and fast, it's over.

I'm over Buddy Nix he had 3 years to make an impact and the bottom line is results and what have we been under his regime, 13-40 or something close. The 1st two years he got a pass because of the hand he was dealt with but this season his entire body of work now legitimately comes into question based on the regression we have seen this year on all fronts. Buddy/scouts forgot to look at players passion, intensity, and overall technique. Our guys take plays off, can't tackle, can't pass down field and on and on and on. Buddy said you can't blow the thing up and start again but I say oh yes you can if you have to and we HAVE to. The problem is who is going to want to come here now with all the uncertainty that is the Buffalo Bills. We deserved better all these years. Bills fans are rabid when we get what we deserve and that's to have player's and coaches perform with the same intensity as the fan base they have and do not deserve.