So who did/will you vote for today

So who did (or will) you vote for today? Not just for President, but for the plethora of Congressional races, Senate races, Governorships, or any ballot initiatives or local races that you care about

I will vote after work today, but here's my ballot

President: Romney

Congress VA-04: Randy Forbes (Rep) vs Ella Ward (Dem)

Senate VA: Tim Kaine (Dem) vs George Allen (Rep). I can't bring myself to vote for either douchebag so I'm sitting this one out

Also have Mayoral race and 2 state ballot initiatives

Haven't gone yet but this is pretty much what it will look like:

President: Obama

Senate: Gillibrand (D)

Congress NY-27: Higgins (D)

State Senate: Mark Grisanti ®

State Assembly: Probably a write-in or Republican challenger

Obama

but I'm glad to see all the Libertarian/Independent support. The 2 party system is a bunch of infected crap, offering very little real choice or cause for hope. I hope the real takeaway from the election is how the country is demanding an end to the 2-party duopoly.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

So who did (or will)

Senate VA: Tim Kaine (Dem) vs George Allen (Rep). I can't bring myself to vote for either douchebag so I'm sitting this one out

I don't love him either, but what is so horrible about Allen that you'd be just as happy to let the Dems have that seat?

Oh yeah, I voted for the Rent is too Damn High party candidate for President because he's the only one who really seems to get it.

Edited by Rob's House

I don't love him either, but what is so horrible about Allen that you'd be just as happy to let the Dems have that seat?

I don't care which party controls the seat. I'd prefer that it not be held by a douchebag. So I can not in good conscious support one douchebag over the other

I don't care which party controls the seat. I'd prefer that it not be held by a douchebag. So I can not in good conscious support one douchebag over the other

There are practical consequences. If Obama wins, which I don't think he will, but he might, the less Dems there are in the house & senate, the less power he'll have.

I'm still curious what you don't like about Allen.

Then who do you want as Majority Leader?

Don't really care. The role of Majority Leader has no Constitutional authority and is only granted as much power as his/her Senators grant them

I'm still curious what you don't like about Allen.

Typical Big Government Republican

Besides, any Bills fan should dislike Allen for dissing Bruce Smith at Jim Kelly's HoF Inauguration

Don't really care. The role of Majority Leader has no Constitutional authority and is only granted as much power as his/her Senators grant them

Typical Big Government Republican

Besides, any Bills fan should dislike Allen for dissing Bruce Smith at Jim Kelly's HoF Inauguration

Actually if you know anything about Allen in his first term he did nothing. he was told by the old Warner that Warner was the senior senator and told to not doing anything unless Old Warner approved and was at least a co-author on all bills even if his office had nothing to do with it. Allen was very much a second fiddle and was a do nothing in office.

Kaine on the other hand did more to cripple the economy of VA when he was governer and on top of it, even by his own adminition detroyed education in Virginia especially Northern VA, where local governments had to take on more funding themselves. Even Kaine admitted he !@#$ed that up, trying to appease to many with his entitlement programs that left education in a lurch.

Basically, neither was a great choice.

but, doing nothing is sometimes better than too much.

Please the whole macaca (sp???) thing is still held against Allen.