THIS TEAM NEEDS WEAPONS!

I am so sick of everyone blaming Fitzpatrick for this team being terrible. Fitzpatrick played a really good game yesterday against the best defense in the NFL. However, this laughing stock of a receiving corps we have on this team is just embarrassing. I cant stand how the blame is always on the QB when there is no shots down field in this offense, there is no receivers who can make big plays, and there are no receivers on this team that dont drop balls that are right in their hands. Ive got news guys. TEAMS DONT WIN WITH STEVIE JOHNSON, DONALD JONES, TJ GRAHAM, and SCOTT CHANDLER! They win with Julio Jones, Roddy White, Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Rob Gronkowski, etc etc etc. Everyone expects Fitzpatrick to be a top level QB with low level talent around him. IT JUST DOESNT HAPPEN IN THE NFL GUYS! You can draft all the first round QBs you want, but as long as guys like Mike Jenkins, Golden Tate, Cecil Shorts, Brian Hartline, are the "go to guys" they will NEVER PAN OUT! Virtually 99.9% of the elite QBs in the NFL were not able to become elite until they had weapons. Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, the list goes on and on. Lets draft the next Russell Wilson, Christian Ponder, Sam Bradford, Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Tannehill, etc etc. We will all be sitting here in 3 years wondering why they didnt turn us into winners.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree kind of, but its a little chicken and the egg. Some of those guys were developed and not necessarily expected to be elite from jump. Great QBs make their weapons elite. You could argue that Fitz helped make Stevie the weapon he is, but great QBs elevate more of their players. Good QBs may elevate a player or maybe 2. That's what we've got. A good QB, a HC who I like but might need to relinquish play calling to his actual OC to get his head out of the offensive weeds and into the 360 picture - doubt that tho.. It's a weird but not weird situation, thought we had finally turned the corner and were ready to compete but yet another buffalo head fake. I guess when you say it out loud, it's really not that weird at all but normal.

Agree to some extent with the original poster. Our receivers do not scratch, claw and fight for the ball downfield. If it's not a perfect throw by FItz (and it rarely is)...they just give up or give little effort. I watched some other games yesterday and it stood out, especially for Green Bay and Atlanta that their receivers just go up and make plays...even on ugly passes that are well covered. They just make plays downfield. Our guys don't.

I half agree with the OP. We do need better WRs. The thing is if we never throw the ball down field how do we know the WR can't catch them????? So now it is either Fitz unwilling to throw down field, or Gailey unwilling to let him throw down field. I case could me made that there isn't anyone open, but this is the NFL WR are rarely "open". Throw the ball and give your WR a chance to make a play.

Our 2 best weapons had a total of 12 touches yesterday. 12! Everyone talks about the two headed monster of a running game we have in the pregame every week and they each only got to run the ball 6 times. Weapons not needed; Coaching to your strengths is.

Edited by The Wiz

I disagree with the OP completely. When your QB is completely useless throwing passes over 15 yards you're offense is easy to gameplan against. Sure, we could have had a couple extra first downs if our recievers made a couple easy catches, but we still would have lost. We were in the scoring position a few times yesterday and I can't remember one throw into the end zone. That's because our QB sucks and refuse to let him throw into the end zone. I don't blame them either. The guy has ZERO touch. He's ok at firing a 1-10 yard pass, but any pass thrown with a trajectory is a duck with no accuracy. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you. Our QB is limited and additional weapons would be a waste until we upgrade the position.

I agree that are WR are sub par but are QB is sub par too. With that being said, it starts with coaching and the GM. I am getting sick of hearing Chan say the same things after each and every game. Give it up and lets call a spade a spade. Lets be honest, I knew the staff over reacted when they gave Fitz his huge contract prior to the end of the season. No one in the NFL wanted him.

I am so sick of everyone blaming Fitzpatrick for this team being terrible. Fitzpatrick played a really good game yesterday against the best defense in the NFL. However, this laughing stock of a receiving corps we have on this team is just embarrassing. I cant stand how the blame is always on the QB when there is no shots down field in this offense, there is no receivers who can make big plays, and there are no receivers on this team that dont drop balls that are right in their hands. Ive got news guys. TEAMS DONT WIN WITH STEVIE JOHNSON, DONALD JONES, TJ GRAHAM, and SCOTT CHANDLER! They win with Julio Jones, Roddy White, Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Rob Gronkowski, etc etc etc. Everyone expects Fitzpatrick to be a top level QB with low level talent around him. IT JUST DOESNT HAPPEN IN THE NFL GUYS! You can draft all the first round QBs you want, but as long as guys like Mike Jenkins, Golden Tate, Cecil Shorts, Brian Hartline, are the "go to guys" they will NEVER PAN OUT! Virtually 99.9% of the elite QBs in the NFL were not able to become elite until they had weapons. Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, the list goes on and on. Lets draft the next Russell Wilson, Christian Ponder, Sam Bradford, Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Tannehill, etc etc. We will all be sitting here in 3 years wondering why they didnt turn us into winners.

The two best players on this team are the first string RB and the second string RB, we still have no playmakers at WR and a tight end who is 6-7 but when he's not dropping passes plays like he's 6ft tall. We don't have the weapons not that teams fear but rather the QB knows he's always open. Gronkowski is of course the ultimate weapon, can't stop him and if and when Brady gets in trouble - Gronk's always open. To me Chan should have a ground and pound attack

He can, and he has.

Yes he has thrown the deep ball, my apologies. I should have written that FITZ CAN NOT THROW THE DEEP BALL WITH ANY ACCURACY. He can't complete a pass over 30 yards to save his life. Seriously, when was the last time Fitz completed a go route for a TD? Does anyone know? I'm asking because I don't know

I disagree with the OP completely. When your QB is completely useless throwing passes over 15 yards you're offense is easy to gameplan against. Sure, we could have had a couple extra first downs if our recievers made a couple easy catches, but we still would have lost. We were in the scoring position a few times yesterday and I can't remember one throw into the end zone. That's because our QB sucks and refuse to let him throw into the end zone. I don't blame them either. The guy has ZERO touch. He's ok at firing a 1-10 yard pass, but any pass thrown with a trajectory is a duck with no accuracy. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you. Our QB is limited and additional weapons would be a waste until we upgrade the position.

+1. And maybe we could use 1 or 3 linebackers.... But Fitz sucks.

How do these guys become weapons? With a good quarterback. Give any elite quarterback in the league our offense around them and I promise you they would have no complaints. CJ and Freddy in the backfield? Stevie is constantly open, sure he drops a few but I have a feeling some of that comes from the fact that he has NO IDEA where the ball is gonna end up out of Fitzy's hands. Our WR YAC stat has to be absolutely abysmal. How many times do you see our WR falling to the ground, or having to stop their route in order to adjust to where the ball is. Fitzpatrick may have not thrown any INTs yesterday but he did not play a "good" game as you stated. Zero TD's in 60 minutes does not equal "good". 12 carries for our RBs does not equal "good". Coaching and QBing are our most pressing problems.