Should Buffalo start playing for a high draft pick?

You mean they are not already?

^ This. They're trying to win the games now and look clueless. I'm not sure if they need to bother playing to lose. Hate to be so negative on them, but like others, I've adopted the approach of looking for individual efforts (ex. Spiller, Gilmore, etc.) and being happy about that rather than be negative about the team/organization collectively.

There is nothing specific about anyone tanking in DC. He mentions playing for 2013. This doesn't mean trying to get a better draft pick. You'll have a hard time convincing a real professional that he should stop playing hard so his team can draft a kid that will take his job. Unless the coach flat out benches all his good players, all of this is nonsense.

Agreed. I took it as playing for jobs not tanking

Why is this notion always brought up?

No player or coach will ever just give up as a means to get a high draft pick. The players are essentially putting together their resume every time they step out on to the field. The number one motivating factor for all players is to look good on film so they can increase their value. I feel sorry for anyone who truly believes that players put forth the effort they do for the fans and the club. They do not care about you at all. Stop being so naive.

The same can be said of coaches. No coach is gonna bench players or stop trying so they can get a higher draft pick. Coaches are going to do what they think will help the team win, so they can increase their value as well. Not to mention, they need to make the moves that they can justify in their next job interview. This is a big reason why many coaches won't just start rookies to quicken their development. They don't care about 3 years from now because they may not be with the team. Their goal is to win now. So, even if that means starting a veteran QB, who is marginally better, over a rookie with significant upside, many coaches will start the veteran.

The team must not quit! It is much harder to build a winning attitude than it is to find a serviceable QB.

Cuz the past dozen years haven't hindered their spirits at all? Their is no attitude on the team and no identity. Tank it. Get a QB that can get you headed in the right direction. Winning builds a winning attitude and this team is just as numb as most of the fans watching every sunday.

why would they do that? who exactly could they get with the #3 pick vs maybe the #10 pick? this isn't like last year or the year before with like 2-3 sure thing qb prospects coming out. nobody in this draft is any good. if there was an andrew luck in this draft then I wouldn't feel too bad if they decided to put TJ in there at qb for the rest of the year and let the whole team go down the crapper. but even if there was a bunch of good prospects the bills would still end up picking the wrong guy. remember 2004?...Manning, Rothlesberger, Rivers, and....Losman? wtf???

Edited by kdiggz

why would they do that? who exactly could they get with the #3 pick vs maybe the #10 pick? this isn't like last year or the year before with like 2-3 sure thing qb prospects coming out. nobody in this draft is any good. if there was an andrew luck in this draft then I wouldn't feel too bad if they decided to put TJ in there at qb for the rest of the year and let the whole team go down the crapper. but even if there was a bunch of good prospects the bills would still end up picking the wrong guy. remember 2004?...Manning, Rothlesberger, Rivers, Ryan, and....Losman? wtf???

Matt Ryan was drafted in 2008...

I dont want to play to lose.....

but

I do want to see what I have on the roster.......we gave up a draft pick for Tavaris Jackson, we have a bit of a "out" clause in Fitz contract after this year (I read that somewhere) and we know that Fitz is not the answer. I am almost certain that we will draft a QB but we are gonna need a "caretaker QB" till that rook is ready

I want to see what Tavaris Jackson has got.

We also need to see what we have in Brooks, justin rogers, and Dnoris Searcy

Its time for other players to start getting more burn.

What do you mean should they "start" playing for a high draft pick? Have you been away? The Bills are a lock to get a top 10 pick playing as they are.

It's the bills, you know they will find some way of even screwing up a high pick position. The pick in question itself will definitely be a CB.