Is Wannstedt's job safe?

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/11/2/3590950/chan-gailey-hot-seat-buddy-nix-buffalo-bills?login=1351883403

"He's got a year or more (left)," Nix said Friday afternoon, per The Buffalo News."

"I know you fans have been through 12 years, or whatever it is, and you're frustrated about it," Nix said. "The big thing is you don't want to start over. If you start over, you're going to get 12 more, and that's not where we're headed."

Boss Hogg [Nix] stated that Cooter’s [Gailey] job is safe, but does that mean Wannstedt’s job is safe as well, given Cooter and Wannstedt are close friends? After this year’s abysmal performance on defense, I can’t imagine Wannstedt remaining as the Bills defensive coordinator.

http://www.buffaloru...ogin=1351883403

"He's got a year or more (left)," Nix said Friday afternoon, per The Buffalo News."

"I know you fans have been through 12 years, or whatever it is, and you're frustrated about it," Nix said. "The big thing is you don't want to start over. If you start over, you're going to get 12 more, and that's not where we're headed."

Boss Hogg [Nix] stated that Cooter’s [Gailey] job is safe, but does that mean Wannstedt’s job is safe as well, given Cooter and Wannstedt are close friends? After this year’s abysmal performance on defense, I can’t imagine Wannstedt remaining as the Bills defensive coordinator.

I'd love too see a single link where one of the 2 either Gailey or wannacrap state

"they're close friends" This is a business not a tennis club.

There are still 9 games left.

If the team goes 5-11 or 6-10 how does Nix justify to the fan base bringing Gailey/Wannstedt back?

I ask the question, but truth is the fans always seem to "billieve" in something the marketing gurus at one bills drive feed them....

I agree with you. While I think Gailey has done a good (not great) job with the offense, overall he is a terrible Head Coach. He has given over "full-reigns" to the defense to his coordinator's and has no accountability on that side of the ball. IMO, the Bills defense this year is the worst I've ever seen. The sad part about that is there is a lot of talent on defense, but are shackled due to the ineptness of Wannstedt.

In regards to "billeving," unless Bill Polian is re-hired, I'm done drinking the OBD kool-aid that Russ Brandon, Boss Hogg & Co create every offseason.

Buddy needs to remember what Ralph & Russ already know....Winning sells Tickets.

Friends are friends and contracts are contracts BUT business is busness. I don't buy that crap about "starting over." We already have good players. If we need to make a coaching change, or more, it's not exactly Starting Over.

Buddy needs to remember what Ralph & Russ already know....Winning sells Tickets.

Friends are friends and contracts are contracts BUT business is busness. I don't buy that crap about "starting over." We already have good players. If we need to make a coaching change, or more, it's not exactly Starting Over.

They still sell out after a twelve year playoff drought! Mario Williams and Mark Anderson which back this summer were part of "The best front four in the NFL" "ON PAPER" sell tickets! What else is there to do in Buffalo during football seasons, fans will still go if they miss the playoffs for the next 12 years! I am not putting down Buffalo because I live here by choice!

They still sell out after a twelve year playoff drought! Mario Williams and Mark Anderson which back this summer were part of "The best front four in the NFL" "ON PAPER" sell tickets! What else is there to do in Buffalo during football seasons, fans will still go if they miss the playoffs for the next 12 years! I am not putting down Buffalo because I live here by choice!

They have not sold out games in December in years. They will not sell out the games this year the way they are playing.

They have not sold out games in December in years. They will not sell out the games this year the way they are playing.

Yeah well who wants to watch a meaningless game in December in Orchard Park?? Only about 50,00 diehards, obviously they wont sell out every game but still impressive that they sell out as many as they do! Would not happen anywhere else except maybe Green Bay!

Not gonna change tack midseason.

Whaley is going to inherit the gm and he will pick qb of the future. This coming draft. bank it. Nix might get his name on it but Whaley is also the future. I am okay with that.

If Wannstadt cant get his players to execute his scheme soon he will be driven out with torches and Chan knows he's xrewed now, by sticking with Fitz and no develop mental qb

There are still 9 games left.

If the team goes 5-11 or 6-10 how does Nix justify to the fan base bringing Gailey/Wannstedt back?

I ask the question, but truth is the fans always seem to "billieve" in something the marketing gurus at one bills drive feed them....

That is right on

Exactly, the fan base is tired, nix has no fluffing clue

Edited by roush

http://www.buffaloru...ogin=1351883403

Cooter needs to fire booger!