Bills hit with lawsuit over text messages

Beerball

http://www.law360.com/classaction/articles/389733/buffalo-bills-face-tcpa-suit-over-team-alert-texts

Named plaintiff Jerry Wojcik signed up to receive text alerts from the team last month with the understanding that the Bills would send no more than five messages per week, as stipulated in the terms and conditions for the service.

How many do you get a day/week? Wojcik claims to have gotten thousands since he signed up last month.

18 this month. To be honest, i didnt think it was that many. I dont mind them. Seeing the text at first makes me feel like a kid on christmas. Then i open it to read breaking news on david snow and reggie wells -- worse than coal.

18 this month. To be honest, i didnt think it was that many. I dont mind them. Seeing the text at first makes me feel like a kid on christmas. Then i open it to read breaking news on david snow and reggie wells -- worse than coal.

I know the feeling. When the whole Mario signing was going down, the text alerts were the only way I could get any news during the day. I work as a trim carpenter, and when the text came in I was perched on the top of a stepladder doing crown molding, hands occupied with the piece, a nailgun, and a bottle of wood glue. Then my phone goes off. I'm freaking out and I'm trying to shuffle around up there to get to my phone, not making any attempt to get off the ladder. Fell off the dang thing flat on my back. Hurt for weeks.

Bills likely do not do texting themselves but use some other company like most of the auxiliary things like website.

Some bug in software may have resulting in a user being flooded with messages but hopefully any judge will tell plaintiff that stopping messages is something plaintiff could have done before getting 'thousands'.

And he agreed to 5 per week and is claiming many MANY more. Possible system glitch?

Possibly. But you don't get a choice in telemarketing bombardment. If it's a technical glitch it can easily be fixed with a billing credit or Bills paying for the overage. No need for the lawsuit.

Smells fishy anyway. If there truly was a technical glitch, it would have been a page one complaint here for weeks ... ie Ralph is cheap.

And this why the legal system is a joke.....this dummy will probably get a million dollars much like the McDonald's hot coffee lady

If he didn't have unlimited texts then pay the 100 bill......anything more than that would be an absolute joke

Agreed on part 2, but I don't think you get part 1

I don't recall, I unsubscribed a few years ago because it was getting to be too much.

I opted out as well due to their annoyance. Never received a flood of them like the plaintiff claims though. It has to be due to a glitch as someone else above suggested.