If you think you hate the Patriots now, listen to this...

bbb

Yeah, I'm sure there is only one Bryan O'Leary around.

http://www.spygatebook.com/about-the-author/

Bryan O’Leary is a first time author and die hard NFL fan. He has over 20 year’s experience in the money management

arena, currently creating commodity trading strategies. Married with three daughters, O’Leary lives in the Dallas, Texas area.

Washington, DC—NASD Regulation, Inc., today announced that an NASD Regulation Hearing Panel expelled Premier Capital Management, Inc., Dallas, TX, for placing materially misleading advertisements in national publications to tout Continental Investment Corporation

Anyone?

It's becuase it is a widespread practice. Gamesmanship they used to call it.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.spygatebo...out-the-author/

It's becuase it is a widespread practice. Gamesmanship they used to call it.

I remember when everyone got a kick out of Al Davis bugging locker rooms and filling balls with helium. What a character! Now the slightest rule infarction is corrupting the children and a disgrace to the game.

This is such a beat subject. I have asked this question before and no one can answer. Why is it in all the many long years before spygate I have been watching the NFL on TV the HC, DC, OC always have covered their mouths with a playbook?

Reading lips or getting a clear signal into the mic (there is a lot of noise in the stadium)?

True. Headsets are wireless now... What if they are hacking into it. Is that possible? I know, pretty crazy but, covering one's mouth isn't gonna cut it now and is for show alone.

Reading lips or getting a clear signal into the mic (there is a lot of noise in the stadium)?

True. Headsets are wireless now... What if they are hacking into it. Is that possible? I know, pretty crazy but, covering one's mouth isn't gonna cut it now and is for show alone.

This goes back to the early 70s just as far as I remember. Its lip reading.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/28/sports/pro-football-inside-the-nfl-some-coaches-reading-lips-to-steal-plays.html

When was radio ever not wireless?

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

http://www.nytimes.c...teal-plays.html

Ooops... Sorry I called it radio... But remember the wired communication sytems? I suppose they were plugged into phone lines... ??

That sad part is it put a kid out of business, usually tagging along behind the coach watching & minding the cord.

Anyway... It is the nature of the beast and business that made every little competition infraction magnified... The game is so much bigger and there is so much more at stake. I too long for the jovial days... Unfortunately, they aren't going back... Thank workaholics guys like Joe Gibbs forever changing the course of the game...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

You do also realize that they were accused in the NFL Competition Committee of more than Spygate. Things like headsets going out at odd times (third downs on key drives being a favorite as per Jack Del Rio and Rod Marinelli) at Gillette or Ross Tucker's accusation that IRed players practiced with the team, for ex. As per a NYT article after Spygate citing several unnamed members of that Committee it was New England brought before them far and away more than anyone else for suspicion of rules infractions

Personally, I agree with the poster above. Some teams are more willing to push the envelope than others and the Cheats* are way on one end of the barbell compared to the rest of the League. Some coaches (and owners) really believe in "winning at all costs" and are willing to push the line on that. I'm always amazed that some folks find that hard to believe. One doesn't get to where they are without taking risks....

http://www.nytimes.c...teal-plays.html

Why can't you just come out and admit your Pats cheated? Does it make you sleep better at night if you argue that others cheated too? Because other cyclists cheated maybe Lance Armstrong shoul be allowed to keep all his titles. Explain to us in your infinite knowledge why the tapes were destroyed so quickly. Why did they know the Rams red zone offense in that superbowl? I believe they won by a field goal. Do you think they win that game without that knowledge? Their titles are tainted.

Ooops... Sorry I called it radio... But remember the wired communication sytems? I suppose they were plugged into phone lines... ??

Ahhh that reminds me of the visitors frequently losing communications during games in NE.

Why can't you just come out and admit your Pats cheated? Does it make you sleep better at night if you argue that others cheated too? Because other cyclists cheated maybe Lance Armstrong shoul be allowed to keep all his titles. Explain to us in your infinite knowledge why the tapes were destroyed so quickly. Why did they know the Rams red zone offense in that superbowl? I believe they won by a field goal. Do you think they win that game without that knowledge? Their titles are tainted.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

I'm still of the conspiracy theory that Refs favor the Cheatriots.

Does anyone remember the Putz record with the Scabs?

Replacement refs a nightmare for Patriots 1-2 after week 3. The Putz averaged 8 penalties a game and when the Favoritisms came back the flags dropped to 2 or 3 per game for the next 2 or 3 games.

Hell in the last Bills game it was (guestimating) 10 flags on Buff (14-148 in total) to 2 flags on NE in the first half. Someone might have said something becasue the Putrids ended up with 7-73 and nearly LOST the game.

and it still continues today

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/2573/robert-griffin-iii-helmet

Robert Griffin III claimed to have a helmet malfunction late in Sunday’s Redskins-Buccaneers game, causing his headset to go out

Last season, Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett suffered two delay-of-game penalties due to headsets malfunctioning during a Sunday night road game loss to the New York Jets. The Jets themselves suffered a loss to the Steelers that they blamed in part on Mark Sanchez’s multiple helmet malfunctions. The shady practice even dates back to Spygate in 2007, with many fingers pointing to Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots as the biggest culprit.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Every team has equipment malfunctions, some just don't try to blame the loss on it.

Yet isn't it funny how so much more frequently it seemed to happen at brand spanking new Gillette than at other places as per at least 2 head coaches? Something's smelled bad in New England* for a long while now and it ain't just Belicheat's dirty hoodie. We haven't even brought up Rodney Harrison's HGH yet. Only caught because he was dumb enough to order it under his own name. Funny how that team was the place washed up old vets seemed to go to "regain a step"....

The allegation were never about taped practices, (except one allegation that was later recanted/debunked). The allegation was taping signals from the wrong location is an area that was visible to the entire stadium.

http://www.cbssports...8347748/8348419

http://www.bostonher...e-is-overblown/

read up on the actual controversy instead of spewing regurgitated bull ****

The "CBS Sports" link is an unnamed blogger--- the blog is only hosted on CBSSports.com much in the same way that you or I could start a blog at bleacherreport.com. A Patriots fan writing a blog deriding the Spygate controversy means jack squat.

Jimmy Johnson's comments in the Boston Herald link underscore what many here and elsewhere have said: it isn't really about the signal stealing only, which has indeed been a common practice throughout the years. Complaints from NFL teams regarding the numerous helmet radio shenanigans led to rules changes, to name one major example.

Yet isn't it funny how so much more frequently it seemed to happen at brand spanking new Gillette than at other places as per at least 2 head coaches? Something's smelled bad in New England* for a long while now and it ain't just Belicheat's dirty hoodie. We haven't even brought up Rodney Harrison's HGH yet. Only caught because he was dumb enough to order it under his own name. Funny how that team was the place washed up old vets seemed to go to "regain a step"....

^this^

Look at those that looked to be all-world inside of "the system" - went elsewhere for big$ - and flopped COLOSSALLY.

Charlie Weis

Josh McDaniel

Matt Cassell

Romeo Crennell

ManGenius - the one that called out the cheating

Read the book people...*spoiler alert*

The Pats were caught using a 2nd frequency that allowed communication into Brady's helmet after the NFL rule imposed cutoff at :15 on the playclock. This allowed them the extra time they needed to decode the D-signal and dial up the play that best exploits it.

This. This was acknowledged by the NFL to it's team's officials. The rules changes were made due to this transgression. No other NFL team has had the audacity to attempt anything remotely similar.

^this^

Look at those that looked to be all-world inside of "the system" - went elsewhere for big$ - and flopped COLOSSALLY.

Charlie Weis

Josh McDaniel

Matt Cassell

Romeo Crennell

ManGenius - the one that called out the cheating

Don't forget Scott Pioli.