Can't put this one on Fitz...

rolly

Newsflash: the Defense gave up the lead and 35 points, not Fitz. Fitz wasn't playing LB after the INT. Was the INT on the 20yd line? The 10yd line? Did the game end right there after the INT? Was it a pick 6? Did they not have to drive 52yds? Is it too much to ask a PRO Defense to not give up 35 points at home against a Titans offense led by Matt Hasselback?

Newsflash: This defense is the worst in the NFL.

Stop with the nonsense. Just like a 21-7 lead halfway through the 3rd quarter at home vs. the Pats wasn't good enough either.

Bobo your guy threw the int in crunch time. Good qb's don't do that. Quit w the excuses. This whole offense vs defense nonsense doesn't work it's one team.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the pick was extremely untimely, but overall he was very efficient and made plays when he needed too. 27 points on offense should get the job done.

the pick was extremely untimely? That's what Fitz does games after games after games.

Outscored again

W/o ST's putting up 7 points .... it wouldn't have been close

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

This is ridiculous.

If a closer in baseball strikes out FIVE in a tie game the last two innings, but on the last batter, the manager calls for a hanging curveball and it gets blasted to Mars and the game is blown, do we say "well, he had a good game, its not his fault?"

Fits blew the game. He threw the ball...a terrible throw....when FOOTBALL 101 calls for a running play.

Football 101 is what this team needs. RUN THE BALL WITH THE LEAD LIKE EVERYONE IN THE HISTORY OF EVER......Too much confidence in fitzpicksix and he rears his head

Listening to a mad Mario Williams on WGR.....geez we sure wasted a lot of tbd thread space over that back and forth Mario signing night.......this guy is freaking brutal

It's fun to not care as much as history repeats annually here. There's a game like this every year nothing new

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Fitz isn't the reason we lost....but he had a chance to win and didn't get it done.

His stats on paper are not bad but that's also very deceptive. sure his numbers were ok but almost half his completions were to RBs. We have no threat of a vertical passing game. We are very limited in what we can do. When we get behind we have little chance to catch up. Opposing defensive coordinators know this as well. If Fitz can sustain more drives and convert more 3rd downs it would help keep our( lack of) defense off the field longer .

The defense absolutely deserves the majority of the blame but Fitz is for sure a part of the problem.

Fitz isn't the reason we lost....but he had a chance to win and didn't get it done.

His stats on paper are not bad but that's also very deceptive. sure his numbers were ok but almost half his completions were to RBs. We have no threat of a vertical passing game. We are very limited in what we can do. When we get behind we have little chance to catch up. Opposing defensive coordinators know this as well. If Fitz can sustain more drives and convert more 3rd downs it would help keep our( lack of) defense off the field longer .

The defense absolutely deserves the majority of the blame but Fitz is for sure a part of the problem.

Fitz was winning the game 34-28 with 2:57 to go. He threw a pic at the Tenn 48 yard line, the next play K Williams sacked Hasselbeck at the Tenn 40 yard line with 2:34 left to go.

With 2:34 left, 2nd and 18 on the Tenn 40 needing a TD to win, where was the defense? and you want to blame Fitz? He had 8 misses on the day with 3 of them in the last 2 drives, he ends up 27-35 225 yds 77% completion, 3 TDs 1 Int and 109.8 QB rating, and you are going to blame him. I don't think most of you know football is a team sport, it shows it really does.

Fitz was winning the game 34-28 with 2:57 to go. He threw a pic at the Tenn 48 yard line, the next play K Williams sacked Hasselbeck at the Tenn 40 yard line with 2:34 left to go.

With 2:34 left, 2nd and 18 on the Tenn 40 needing a TD to win, where was the defense? and you want to blame Fitz? He had 8 misses on the day with 3 of them in the last 2 drives, he ends up 27-35 225 yds 77% completion, 3 TDs 1 Int and 109.8 QB rating, and you are going to blame him. I don't think most of you know football is a team sport, it shows it really does.

OK

over half his completions were to RB's.....his accuracy throwing a deep ball is HORRIBLE....

having said that, this loss is on the defense, they are the worst in the league against the run.

I'm going to give the majority of this loss to the defense but I'll save about 15% responsibility for Chan. Why the hell didn't the game go to overtime? You score 14 unanswered points while the defense is unable to stop a runny nose in a Kleenex factory, you're going to be down by 1 point if they come back, and you will need to get a field goal to win.

Why didn't they go for 2 on one of those touchdowns? Even if they didn't convert on the 2 pointer its the same situation, still need a field goal to win the game.

Yes I know, the game goes to OT and we lose anyways but I really don't understand why at that point in the game you don't try to make it a TD to tie situation.

Edited by The Wiz

This. Fitz is a very effective game manager, with a major limitation. He can definitely move the ball in the first 28 minutes of a half. But in the last two minutes his limitations are exposed.

Of course it's silly to blame the entire game on him, but you do hope that he could at least have gotten a first down on the last series. Those were some horrific tosses.

And if you don't think that Chan has a revolt festering on his hands, check out TJ's reaction on the INT play. When you have a rookie reacting like that, you have a problem.

Bobo your guy threw the int in crunch time. Good qb's don't do that. Quit w the excuses. This whole offense vs defense nonsense doesn't work it's one team.

Yes they do.

Favre, Big Ben, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, THEY'VE AL DONE IT.

I get that I'm straying from the point, but the bolded part of your post is flat out wrong.

Yes they do.

I get that I'm straying from the point, but the bolded part of your post is flat out wrong.

The good ones do it less often however. Which is the difference between the good and bad.

Well that and the ability to throw more than 20 yards downfield without needing a full body windup.

over half his completions were to RB's.....his accuracy throwing a deep ball is HORRIBLE....

having said that, this loss is on the defense, they are the worst in the league against the run.

papazoid: that's the entire structure of our offense. we're not the ravens' offense, we're more like the Pats' offense, except we don't have Brady. If you don't like this kind of offense, you better get rid of Gailey

papazoid: that's the entire structure of our offense. we're not the ravens' offense, we're more like the Pats' offense, except we don't have Brady. If you don't like this kind of offense, you better get rid of Gailey

Or Welker, or the TE's or the Oline.

Obviously as you said, or the QB.

But other than that we're just like the Pats. :wallbash:

Yes they do.

Of course they do. And when they get the ball back with a minute to go, more often than not, they drive their teams down the field for a FG try.

i hear ya....based on our personnel, that effort yesterday was text book as good as you could hope for.....feature freddy & spiller and have fitz limit his mistakes (1 int & 1 fumble). 1 punt all day. put up 34 points.

the defense had ZERO takeaways and got shredded on the ground.

If people are looking for a flawless, mistake free game out of the QB, then you're probably not going to find it. Look around the league, even the best QBs throw picks, fumble etc. He made one costly mistake today, whereas the defense was a mess when they stepped on the field right until the end.

But not when it matters.... The fumble can be forgiven, the pick was insane. Why trying to fit downfield sideline pass on 3rd and whatever seemed smart is beyond me. And as usual the pass was no where near on target.

The guy was horrible in the last two series against a horrid defense.

Yeah The loss isn't completely his fault, But who cares? Can they please go get a QB who is capable of winning that game? Use better than hasslebeck, lockers back up, as the bar.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

i hear ya....based on our personnel, that effort yesterday was text book as good as you could hope for.....feature freddy & spiller and have fitz limit his mistakes (1 int & 1 fumble). 1 punt all day. put up 34 points.

the defense had ZERO takeaways and got shredded on the ground.

your exactly right with textbook: if we are able to give CJ and Freddy a combined 40-50 total touches in the game, this offense will be putting up a lot of points. As an offense, that's EXACTLY what we want - they're our best offensive players. Nobody should be complaining that we dump it off to the RB's all day long - THAT'S WHAT WE WANT.