Press conference script

phypon

Fitz: "this one's on me. We have to play better. I shouldn't have thrown that one. we'll have to check the film and get better..."

Chan: "it's my responsibility. I have to figure it out and correct it. Fitz is fine, defense is fine. I don't have info on injuries...we have to check the film..."

Did I miss anything?

Fitz: "this one's on me. We have to play better. I shouldn't have thrown that one. we'll have to check the film and get better..."

Chan: "it's my responsibility. I have to figure it out and correct it. Fitz is fine, defense is fine. I don't have info on injuries...we have to check the film..."

Did I miss anything?

The defense is FINE?? He deserves to be fired.

It's my fault for putting Fitz in that situation. There won't be a change, we just have to do better supporting him.

We made some good calls, but just had a few guys out of position. We will take the bye week to fix them.

We have a good team, but we are down right now. It's my job to get them back up

We did a lot of good things today. Sure it's a loss, but one we can build off of.

He didn't really say "the defense is fine," did he? That cannot be an accurate quote...

Seriously. Worst D in the NFL possibly, check the stats: 31 in yards and 31 in points.

The D is fine?: dude is an ass if he really said that. Don't p*ss on my leg and tell me its raining. What a clown.

Did I miss anything?

Same statements, different loss.

lol its true every press confrence i watch chan says the sme b.s dudes a joke i like the run plays he calls and screens thats about it, fitz is a idiot from harvard played his best game then makes a bonehead pick

If the defense didn't suck ass AGAIN, Fitz doesn't make that throw. Chan obviously didn't trust the defense and knew we had to get a 1st down to wrap it up.

Fitz played excellent today. Anyone who blames this loss on him is completely biased.

On if he has to reevaluate what is happening on defense over the bye week:

I think we have to reevaluate everything you do. That is what you do with the bye week. You reevaluate everything. You look at it. What is good you try to keep. What is bad and needs work you try to see what you have to do to get it done. That is what you do during the bye week. Everybody does it. If we had won we would still be doing that.

On if he would consider coaching changes on defense:

No.

On if he ever foresaw the defense struggling this much:

I did not think we would give up as many yards as we have given up. No. I did not foresee that. We just have to find out exactly what the problems are and we are not solving them right now. If we do not, we are in for a long year. We have to solve them.

On his confidence level in Fitzpatrick:

It is the same. He made a bad throw at the end. Other than that, he played really, really well. He made one bad throw. If you get rid of all of the quarterbacks for one bad throw, you are not going to have any quarterbacks left.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Chan-Gailey-Bills-will-reevaluate-everything/03a4b710-6347-472f-8471-b78ed4470e4d