Fitz is just unwatchable

26TrapDraw

FWIW I know someone that knows Stevie Johnsons Dad out here in the SF bay. He says that SJ absolutely can't stand Fitz but says the organization loves him. Who can blame Stevie.

Except Stevie doesn't have a Dad. He has a step-dad. But I'm sure this person knew that.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Except Stevie doesn't have a Dad. He has a step-dad. But I'm sure this person knew that.

That's interesting. I was introduced to "Stevie Johnson's dad" at the game last week in Arizona. We had a few beers together at halftime and the whole time I was thinking, "this guy does not look like the genetic father of an NFL player."

He was about 5'7" and stout with smaller hands.

I guess it was his step-Dad.

Anyways, it was an interesting discussion perhaps more so because he was pretty tipsy.

So he owns the fact that he's playing horrible. Glad thats established to be honest....who the f#$k cares!... That doesnt help a dam thing...The Fact that we have a very sub par 60 million dollar QB still remains....glad he's a stand up guy though....cause thats very useful on the field.

Hey, don't get your panties in a bunch because you said talked **** that wasn't true and someone called you on it.

And, actually, I care. I have a lot more respect for stand up guys than those who shift blame to others and don't take responsibility. If I had to guess, I'd say you're one of the latter types of people, right? Or you're a teenager. Those are the only people I know who don't have respect for stand up guys.

The bottom line is that Fitz plays as well as he can and owns up to it when its not good enough. You can't ask anymore out of a person. I don't get the Fitz hate. He can't play better than he is. So if you're pissed at the QB play B word at the front office. It's not Fitz's fault he is the team's only option at QB.

Hey, don't get your panties in a bunch because you said talked **** that wasn't true and someone called you on it.

And, actually, I care. I have a lot more respect for stand up guys than those who shift blame to others and don't take responsibility. If I had to guess, I'd say you're one of the latter types of people, right? Or you're a teenager. Those are the only people I know who don't have respect for stand up guys.

The bottom line is that Fitz plays as well as he can and owns up to it when its not good enough. You can't ask anymore out of a person. I don't get the Fitz hate. He can't play better than he is. So if you're pissed at the QB play B word at the front office. It's not Fitz's fault he is the team's only option at QB.

I'm a 38 yr old man that runs a business. In everyday life your word is your bond yes. Your integrity means alot. but at what point does everyone associated with this team and its fans stop giving this guy a free pass. If I didnt hold up to my end of the bargain in my business i get sued...you would also get in trouble at your job if you underperformed. How is it that this QB and the organization now for more than a decade gets a free pass with zero repercussions. Its that comfort that pisses me off to no end. Fitz steps up to the podium to field questions and he has that smug look on his face. It doesnt even seem to bother him. That makes me so angry that i see red.

I'm a 38 yr old man that runs a business. In everyday life your word is your bond yes. Your integrity means alot. but at what point does everyone associated with this team and its fans stop giving this guy a free pass. If I didnt hold up to my end of the bargain in my business i get sued...you would also get in trouble at your job if you underperformed. How is it that this QB and the organization now for more than a decade gets a free pass with zero repercussions. Its that comfort that pisses me off to no end. Fitz steps up to the podium to field questions and he has that smug look on his face. It doesnt even seem to bother him. That makes me so angry that i see red.

Then write some letters, take out some ad space, call the paper and radio station, or hire a PR firm to do all the aforementioned for you.

Or stop watching/caring.

Why is it such a difficult concept for people to grasp that forebearing to go all out with hate and exaggeration, is not equal to giving someone a free pass?

I don't think anyone is giving Fitz a free pass - not Fitz, not the team, no one here.

The biggest problem I have seen with Fitz this year is his lack of intensity/confidence on the field...

The reason Fitz won me over as a fan was that never-say-die attitude, throwing blocks

for your running backs, gunslinger mentality, field leadership. This whole team was behind

Fitz last year.

Something has definitely been off this season, either changing the mechanics has him too much

in his head, that big hit from London last year spooked him (ala TE with the hit in the AZ game), or

it's just a basic loss of confidence, I don't know.

But, Fitz has not played well or been a commanding persona on the field. As far as his throws...I disagree with

the notion that Fitz can't throw the deep ball (i.e, bomb). We've seen him do it before...to me it seems to be a timing

with his receivers thing instead. Only 1 deep ball was underthrown this year that I remember, most were

misses over the top. In my opinion, the throws he has traditionally had trouble with are the deep outs.

That's where a lot of his interceptions occur. Those are the throws he was missing in his game and I

thought Lee was going to help him fix that. Seems he hasn't fixed that but made everything else worse. And the

coaching staff keeps calling those types of throws. I know you can't take those out of your arsenal all together, but they should

limit those throws if Fitz struggles with them. Of course, there are no excuses, as Fitz would say himself, for the bad

misses in the short passing/screen game. And yes, they need to start hitting some of the deep balls to soften up the defenses...

so they should be working on that hard. But, it's time for Chan to tell Fitz to forget about all of that mechanics crap and just

go out and play with some fire again.

And despite his short-comings or how he has played so far this year, I'm not giving up on Fitz yet (call me crazy, homer, whatever).

Do we need to draft a QB for the future next off-season? Yes. (Although, I think we needed to do that whether Fitz played well or not.)

But do I think Fitz can still turn his season around and get some of that Fitzmagic back? I think he can.

And I say it starts this week...I think he will have a very good game this week, go into the bye, and then come

out swinging in the second half of the season. And in lieu of that, I'm changing my avatar in support. It's time

for opposing teams to fear the beard again. I could say Fitz sucks and then if/when he does again feel good that I was right,

or I can root for the guy and hope he improves.

For better or for worse, depending on your opinion, Fitz is our QB this year, let's get behind him and root for him

rather than attack him. And when the time comes, depending on how the season unfolds, we can discuss any

changes that need to be made. But calm down with the 500 Fitz sucks threads. Honestly, how is that helping anything?

One or two threads to get some frustrations out and discuss what's wrong, fine...but this board is just destroying the poor guy.

Does he need to play better, yes. But the whole team does as well. And I'm going to be rooting for each of them to do so.

I'm rooting for success rather than expecting disaster and will deal with the outcome later, whatever it is. I still think we can win

WITH Fitz, not despite him.

Come on Ryan, get that killer instinct back and start leading this team again! I still believe you can!

Ok, you can tear me apart now.

That's interesting. I was introduced to "Stevie Johnson's dad" at the game last week in Arizona. We had a few beers together at halftime and the whole time I was thinking, "this guy does not look like the genetic father of an NFL player."

He was about 5'7" and stout with smaller hands.

I guess it was his step-Dad.

Anyways, it was an interesting discussion perhaps more so because he was pretty tipsy.

His step-dad was the person who told him to get his act together. He got him into football his junior year of HS.

The biggest problem I have seen with Fitz this year is his lack of intensity/confidence on the field...

The reason Fitz won me over as a fan was that never-say-die attitude, throwing blocks

for your running backs, gunslinger mentality, field leadership. This whole team was behind

Fitz last year.

Something has definitely been off this season, either changing the mechanics has him too much

in his head, that big hit from London last year spooked him (ala TE with the hit in the AZ game), or

it's just a basic loss of confidence, I don't know.

But, Fitz has not played well or been a commanding persona on the field. As far as his throws...I disagree with

the notion that Fitz can't throw the deep ball (i.e, bomb). We've seen him do it before...to me it seems to be a timing

with his receivers thing instead. Only 1 deep ball was underthrown this year that I remember, most were

misses over the top. In my opinion, the throws he has traditionally had trouble with are the deep outs.

That's where a lot of his interceptions occur. Those are the throws he was missing in his game and I

thought Lee was going to help him fix that. Seems he hasn't fixed that but made everything else worse. And the

coaching staff keeps calling those types of throws. I know you can't take those out of your arsenal all together, but they should

limit those throws if Fitz struggles with them. Of course, there are no excuses, as Fitz would say himself, for the bad

misses in the short passing/screen game. And yes, they need to start hitting some of the deep balls to soften up the defenses...

so they should be working on that hard. But, it's time for Chan to tell Fitz to forget about all of that mechanics crap and just

go out and play with some fire again.

And despite his short-comings or how he has played so far this year, I'm not giving up on Fitz yet (call me crazy, homer, whatever).

Do we need to draft a QB for the future next off-season? Yes. (Although, I think we needed to do that whether Fitz played well or not.)

But do I think Fitz can still turn his season around and get some of that Fitzmagic back? I think he can.

And I say it starts this week...I think he will have a very good game this week, go into the bye, and then come

out swinging in the second half of the season. And in lieu of that, I'm changing my avatar in support. It's time

for opposing teams to fear the beard again. I could say Fitz sucks and then if/when he does again feel good that I was right,

or I can root for the guy and hope he improves.

For better or for worse, depending on your opinion, Fitz is our QB this year, let's get behind him and root for him

rather than attack him. And when the time comes, depending on how the season unfolds, we can discuss any

changes that need to be made. But calm down with the 500 Fitz sucks threads. Honestly, how is that helping anything?

One or two threads to get some frustrations out and discuss what's wrong, fine...but this board is just destroying the poor guy.

Does he need to play better, yes. But the whole team does as well. And I'm going to be rooting for each of them to do so.

I'm rooting for success rather than expecting disaster and will deal with the outcome later, whatever it is. I still think we can win

WITH Fitz, not despite him.

Come on Ryan, get that killer instinct back and start leading this team again! I still believe you can!

Ok, you can tear me apart now.

:thumbsup: Great Post. I've been dissappointed with his performance this year too, but the Fitz bashing has really gone overboard. I'm hoping to see some Fitzmagic this afternoon.

Why is it such a difficult concept for people to grasp that forebearing to go all out with hate and exaggeration, is not equal to giving someone a free pass?

I don't think anyone is giving Fitz a free pass - not Fitz, not the team, no one here.

If you don't want him burned at the stake you're not a true fan.

1) Thank god for a Fitz sucks thread. We needed one.

2) Good point on Russell Wilson. His 9/23 for 122, 1 INT, and 26 QBR was much better than anything Fitz could do.

3) Fitz is extremely limited but he's our QB for this year. I'd love for him to just shut up everyone up for a year with a monster performance.

4) SJ and Fitz are very good friends. SJ is frustrated I'm sure but he is the last guy who would throw Fitz under the bus.

I dont think you watched that game his receivers were dropping the balls placed perfectly on them... I watched cuz he was my fantasy QB my starter was on a bye.. So yea he's 10x better than that piece if sh*t we have. Next time look at a guy, stats can be deceiving...