Seahawks-Niners Live Game Thread

People in vegas are PISSED

I bet! 7 1/2 piont spread, right? I would have loved to have seen the reaction inside one of the sports books when a) that penalty was called and b) when it became clear that Harbaugh was considering declining the penalty and c) when the refs measured for the first down since that was the deciding factor. What a rollercoaser that must have been.

At first it seemed like an odd decision but clearly Harbaugh didn't want to subject his special teamers to injury risk during an onside kick, or his D to the same if Seattle recovered.

Edited by KD in CT

So how does everyone feel about this throwback game?

Lots of running, not much passing, and very little scoring?

So I was gonna start another thread about this but I try not to clutter up the board too much.

This was a highly-anticipated game between two good teams, a division grudge match, and a personal grudge match between the two coaches.

Also there's been a movement here and elsewhere in believing that the NFL pendulum will swing back towards running the football.

So last night we had two great defenses, two great running attacks, lots of smash mouth plays, and mediocre quarterbacking.

That having been said, what did everyone think of the game last night?

Did you enjoy a tough, competitive game with a minimum of passing game highlights or did the game become boring?

That having been said, what did everyone think of the game last night?

Did you enjoy a tough, competitive game with a minimum of passing game highlights or did the game become boring?

IMO, defensive showdowns are like pitchers duels; they aren't boring at all.

Didn't you hope our D was going to play with that physicality, and then we ended up with the same lame effort. I know they played a little better last week, but man Seattle went toe to toe with the toughest team in the NFL.

If everyone played like Kyle Williams on every play in our secondary and LB's, we'd punish our opponents.

As to the game, I love a slug fest.

I bet! 7 1/2 piont spread, right? I would have loved to have seen the reaction inside one of the sports books when a) that penalty was called and b) when it became clear that Harbaugh was considering declining the penalty and c) when the refs measured for the first down since that was the deciding factor. What a rollercoaser that must have been.

At first it seemed like an odd decision but clearly Harbaugh didn't want to subject his special teamers to injury risk during an onside kick, or his D to the same if Seattle recovered.

Maybe Harbaugh had Seattle and the points? He should make his wagering a bit less obvious.

Harbaugh is a scary human being. The faces he makes and the way his eyes pop out of his head are terrifying.

And his press conferences are borderline sociopathic.

He seems like every bit the A-hole that Belichick is but obviously both of them are great coaches.

IMO, defensive showdowns are like pitchers duels; they aren't boring at all.

Great analogy.

I enjoyed the game very much.

The QBs aren't great and didn't look good but certainly that had something to do with the outstanding defenses as well.

I had to think about Harbaugh's decision to not take the safety if it was not a first down. But it makes perfect sense- take possession and take two knees to decisively end the game

not only that, free kick would have probably been on sides, this way no chance for injuries