SU Hoops 2012 edition...

The Poojer

Kiss Georgetown goodbye.

Loved Triche's game in the 2H/OT, and how about Keita's wizardry at the FT line?

7/7 at the line for Keita. Keita had more points and boards than porter. Unreal.

Great minutes by cooney too.

Fair struggled, but they were also draped all over him.

Just a great gritty run by cuse. I'd love to win this thing in our swan song; would even be sweeter than a deep NCAA run.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching this game I am leaning towards these rumors not being true. If they are true I am sure the players would know. Something like that would HAVE to be a tremendous burden to carry. Their body language just doesn't indicate this is a team threatened with pending suspension( s). But again maybe I am over thinking this

Or it's a situation where they block out the world and play til they can't

Hard to project these things

Yeah...I've never performed at the highest levels of anything... well except as a real awesome guy...so I can't even begin to imagine their mental makeup...but why play that hard if you know in the end its all for naught. If these rumors have any truth someone on the team has to know you'd think

Or it's a situation where they block out the world and play til they can't

Hard to project these things

Edited by The Poojer

Fair being basically the only guy on the team I really like, I almost felt bad for him. Figured he'd be the one guy who wouldn't choke at the line (honestly did anyone think triche was making his?). Keita though wtf. But ya sweet dunk.

Eat s#!# Gtown.

http://youtu.be/5K7PH6lV5Xg

question about basketball rules(which I guess i already know the answer to, but it struck me as odd)....

to open the overtime, georgetown on the opening tip-off hit it out of bounds...turnover to syracuse, wouldn't that still be considered georgetown winning the opening tip? the next tie up, possession went to georgetown. I would think that would be a won tip and a turnover and syracuse would have the possession arrow..

Edited by The Poojer

Yeah...I've never performed at the highest levels of anything... well except as a real awesome guy...so I can't even begin to imagine their mental makeup...but why play that hard if you know in the end its all for naught. If these rumors have any truth someone on the team has to know you'd think

Fair enough.

If I had to write a narrative, you could say the decided even if something might come down they want to go out in a blaze of glory. They also might think its uncertain so why quit if they may still have a chance. Or the old "we can't win but we sure as hell aren't going to let THEM win"

Or maybe there's really no smoke or fire in the program and its just fan rumors

Just hard to project.

Fair enough.

If I had to write a narrative, you could say the decided even if something might come down they want to go out in a blaze of glory. They also might think its uncertain so why quit if they may still have a chance. Or the old "we can't win but we sure as hell aren't going to let THEM win"

Or maybe there's really no smoke or fire in the program and its just fan rumors

Just hard to project.

Definitely hard to project.

I've been thinking a lot about how this team has looked lately...mostly the intensity and grit they've been playing with in the BET. This made me suspect that maybe they do know something...maybe they know this is the "last hurrah" before the suspensions come down and the fold in the NCAA's. They I started thinking, what if the rumors aren't true, and in typical Syracuse fashion, they are just playing their hearts out in their home away from home...Madison Square Garden.

FWIW...I contacted a person I know who works within the athletic department at SU. This person usually has "the skinny" on what's going on with the basketball program. Told me about several b-ball recruit committs (i.e., Tyler Roberson) before they were announced, told me about the Melo suspension last year before it went public, etc...

This person told me that they had no knowledge of impending suspensions, or that JB was retiring after this season. They did say, however, that Mike Hopkins could very well be headed west for a HC job. Doesn't mean that the rumors are false....just that this person has no knowledge of any pending suspensions/investigations.

Take it for what it's worth. This person has been wrong/inaccurate before, but usually is pretty reliable for information.

Definitely hard to project.

I've been thinking a lot about how this team has looked lately...mostly the intensity and grit they've been playing with in the BET. This made me suspect that maybe they do know something...maybe they know this is the "last hurrah" before the suspensions come down and the fold in the NCAA's. They I started thinking, what if the rumors aren't true, and in typical Syracuse fashion, they are just playing their hearts out in their home away from home...Madison Square Garden.

No question in my mind that they are playing their hearts out to play their hearts out. You got that feeling from the comments the players were making before the Pitt game. They are going to bang and get physical and get on the ground and will themselves to a win.

This has been an awesome run. Let's see them finish it.

Very true. Triche is not mediocre at sucking; he really goes full steam ahead when he puts his mind to it. Why does he inbound every ball when he's the shortest guy on the floor and lost the last L'ville game by failing in that exact scenario?

Louisville defense was relentless but they better watch it in the tourney it's not the big east . Press really killed us.when we are not attacking on offense it usually falls apart. The big leads seem to be trouble

I'd give the draw a solid B. Switch Indiana with Kansas and it's an A+. UNLV isn't a particularly strong 5 and the 2nd wknd is in DC so that's good.

btw, Pitt as an 8 seed? Huh? Gonzaga really got screwed there.

Good luck, Gonzaga, on the second round game--you're going to get beat by 20 points as a #1 seed.

Yah that is baffling. Pitt is 7th in Kenpom for God sake. Marquette a 3 is unreal too. Although I think Marquette has been screwed in other years iirc. I guess you just have to roll with this stuff & hope it evens out over the years (unless you're Duke or UNC obviously).

Edited by BuffOrange

No, nothing to do with the deadspin article at all. Something a friend who's at the BET texted me today about the eligibility of 2 players. This guy's "tips" have been spot on (he told me about the FIne story hours before the media reported it), FWIW.

Also, and this is really bad news IMO, but the rumor is that Hopkins is heading west. I don't know if he's destined to be a great coach, but he is a great recruiter.

I haven't heard anything concrete about former players being implicated, but the rumor is that 2 players will be ruled ineligible for the NCAAs sometime before next Thursday.

Bills44...heard any more info on this situation? I haven't heard any whispers from my "sources," and I was wondering if you had any updates to share.