SU Hoops 2012 edition...

The Poojer

In the next 7-10 days dajuan comes back...it gives them another body. This team is built for the tourney...fear not...

Thanks for the recaps, guys.

Not a great sign, playing like this late in the year. I can see this team grabbing a #3 seed and getting upset in the 1st round by a Vermont-type team again.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised mike Patrick is doing all these big east games this year. I thought he lived in chapel hill or Durham. I am sure many will disagree but I miss rafterty and bilas. Take to it to the tin......

Edited by sdevo

Solid win by cuse. They are tough to beat when 3 guys are shooting well. I still think they need better flow in their half court offense, but they're probably not going to achieve that until the bigs become legit offensive threats.

Mike Patrick is okay, but not as good as the bilas team. I even prefer Dorris Burke.

i thought lafonso ellis did a decent job with Mike Patrick last night, but you cannot beat Bilas/Raftery/McDonough...and Doris Burke isn't awful either

Solid win by cuse. They are tough to beat when 3 guys are shooting well. I still think they need better flow in their half court offense, but they're probably not going to achieve that until the bigs become legit offensive threats.

Mike Patrick is okay, but not as good as the bilas team. I even prefer Dorris Burke.

Great game yesterday. Good to see Cooney out there getting some minutes. Still looked pretty spastic, but I like the effort he brings on defense. Still not much offense down low, and I think that will absolutely kill us come tournement time. I really liked the Keita - Fair - Southerland - Triche - MCW line-up.

BTW....did anyone else notice Southy clowning around....trying to get the Providence players to slap his hands after he made free throws? At first I thought he made a mistake, but he did it another time and started laughing. He's quite a character.

Another no show today. The Dome was rocking, Melo was being honored at halftime, and they laid a total egg.. Same type of effort as against UConn. This team just isn't very good.

I've heard the " there is no dominant team in college basketball" mantra ad nauseam, but I'd be completely shocked if this team advanced past the Sweet 16. They remind me of the 2010-11 team that lost to Marquette in the 2nd round.

Agreed bills44' early in this game they had a chance to go up 10 and they went on a 10 minute stretch of just horrible shot selection and decision making. No inside game except for fair from 10 feet.

Not sure what they shot in this game.

I thought they looked horrible but I want to attribute it to incredible defense on both sides.

That said I've never seen triche make so many bad plays

Another no show today. The Dome was rocking, Melo was being honored at halftime, and they laid a total egg.. Same type of effort as against UConn. This team just isn't very good.

I've heard the " there is no dominant team in college basketball" mantra ad nauseam, but I'd be completely shocked if this team advanced past the Sweet 16. They remind me of the 2010-11 team that lost to Marquette in the 2nd round.

I thought they looked horrible but I want to attribute it to incredible defense on both sides.

That said I've never seen triche make so many bad plays

For a team that plays the 2-3 zone exclusively, they sure do look lost on offense playing against the 2-3

I can't recall a Cuse team in recent memory that was so undisciplined as this one. Really, we have a good lead in the first half, and then proceed to take terrible shots early in the shot clock for the next 7-8 possessions? The Jim Boeheim I have come to know would have benched Southerland for the rest of the 1st half (at least) for the bull s**t shots he was taking. Again, Brandon Triche was an absolute no-show, and unfortunately we can't win against good competition without him. MCW returned to form...turning the ball over like he was trying to lose the game. Absolutely no low-post game to speak of, and Christmas is absolutely terrible. I'd rather have Jerami Grant playing the 5, Keite at the 4, Fair at the 3, and Triche/MCW playing guard.

I hate to admit it, but I agree now that this is a sweet 16 team at best. Tough stretch of games left with Marquette, DePaul, Louisville, and then Georgetown on the road. Unless we finish out strong, and do very well in the Big East Tournament, I could see this team dropping to a 4 or 5 seed in the tournament.

Oh yeah...another thing that really bothered me yesterday was the failure to adjust to Otto Porter. The guy was literally carrying the team on his back, and we had no response? Most coaches might decide to play some man-to-man in this situation, but I get it....Boeheim very rarely strays from the 2-3. We would have had a better chance, IMO, playing the box and one on Porter and letting the rest of the G-Town team try to beat us.

Huge game tomorrow at Marquette.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks