SU Hoops 2012 edition...

The Poojer

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boeheim will retire to avoid the fallout right?

I'm hearing rumblings about eligibility issues (think Fab Melo).

I do think that if the NCAA slaps SU with any recruiting/post-season sanctions, Boeheim will retire.

I'm hearing rumblings about eligibility issues (think Fab Melo).

I do think that if the NCAA slaps SU with any recruiting/post-season sanctions, Boeheim will retire.

So you read the ridiculous, and completely baseless Deadspin article written by an OCC student, or do you have something more substantial? I'm not chiding you Bills44, because you're usually pretty spot-on with your predictions, but just curious...

So you read the ridiculous, and completely baseless Deadspin article written by an OCC student, or do you have something more substantial? I'm not chiding you Bills44, because you're usually pretty spot-on with your predictions, but just curious...

To be fair, deadspin ignored the article until Syracuse themselves tweeted it. Then they reported that Syracuse themselves were tweeting boeheim was gone..

And this sounds different though possibly related - not based on the occ guy. Frankly I have been getting stronger and stronger senses that this is the end pretty soon regardless of what's brewing but that there is something brewing nonetheless

Edited by NoSaint

To be fair, deadspin ignored the article until Syracuse themselves tweeted it. Then they reported that Syracuse themselves were tweeting boeheim was gone..

And this sounds different though possibly related - not based on the occ guy. Frankly I have been getting stronger and stronger senses that this is the end pretty soon regardless of what's brewing but that there is something brewing nonetheless

I have hear rumors that more "academic" violations were uncovered (by SU) during the James Southerland investigation (involving former players)....Syracuse University pretty much just waiting for the NCAA to step in a kick some a$$. My source is pretty credible, but has been inaccurate before. That's why I asked Bills44 to elaborate.

Hope it doesn't happen prior to the NCAA's.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

No, nothing to do with the deadspin article at all. Something a friend who's at the BET texted me today about the eligibility of 2 players. This guy's "tips" have been spot on (he told me about the FIne story hours before the media reported it), FWIW.

Also, and this is really bad news IMO, but the rumor is that Hopkins is heading west. I don't know if he's destined to be a great coach, but he is a great recruiter.

I have hear rumors that more "academic" violations were uncovered (by SU) during the James Southerland investigation (involving former players)....Syracuse University pretty much just waiting for the NCAA to step in a kick some a$$. My source is pretty credible, but has been inaccurate before. That's why I asked Bills44 to elaborate.

Hope it doesn't happen prior to the NCAA's.

I haven't heard anything concrete about former players being implicated, but the rumor is that 2 players will be ruled ineligible for the NCAAs sometime before next Thursday.

Your info has been good recently...but I thought Floyd was gonna take the USC job or is there another one? San Diego State perhaps? If boeheim knows about NCAA violations unearthed wouldn't he sit the offenders? Any more specifics u can leak to us?

Sorry San Jose St. just fired their coach...that's way north

Same here.

Edited by The Poojer

I haven't heard anything concrete about former players being implicated, but the rumor is that 2 players will be ruled ineligible for the NCAAs sometime before next Thursday.

My money is on Southerland and MCW. Imagine how screwed we'd be without those two guys in the tourney.

As long as it's just academic-type stuff, then the school will avoid major sanctions (I think).

Kinda sad that we've had to deal with this crap for a few years in a row now.

My money is on Southerland and MCW. Imagine how screwed we'd be without those two guys in the tourney.

As long as it's just academic-type stuff, then the school will avoid major sanctions (I think).

Kinda sad that we've had to deal with this crap for a few years in a row now.

Problem is its becoming a consistent issue. Eventually they will hammer you. Depending on the nature this could be that time

Problem is its becoming a consistent issue. Eventually they will hammer you. Depending on the nature this could be that time

Might be right. Frankly, I have no problem if there are legitimate violations that happened, and this is becoming a problem that can be deterred through sanctions.

I complain about the NCAA all the time, but there is no excuse for these major programs to not get it right.

Watching this game I am leaning towards these rumors not being true. If they are true I am sure the players would know. Something like that would HAVE to be a tremendous burden to carry. Their body language just doesn't indicate this is a team threatened with pending suspension( s). But again maybe I am over thinking this