Who Stays Who Goes ??

T master

Mark Anderson is out indefinitely but not on season ending IR , so we bring back Shawn Merriman to fortify that position , Ron Brooks has been out since training camp with his foot problem & was going to be brought back all along & practiced today & is expected to come back by Oct. , S . Johnson will be back , Moats has been being used more at DE from what i have read b/c of the move putting Bradham in at SLB .

Anderson even when healthy to me any way didn't or hasn't justified his contract ... If Merriman comes in & does what Anderson did & more in his time out on the field , when it is time to bring Brooks back to the active roster who will be the casualty of that roster move ?

Do you put Anderson on IR b/c your not sure when he will be ready to keep Merriman ? If Merriman is doing as much or more than Anderson , do you keep him & shank someone that isn't doing as well at another position like A Williams & let Brooks take his place b/c of lack of good play on A . Williams part , or if Mcgee isn't as healthy as need be along with his history & age to give what the team needs do you let him go ?

Or do you let T Jack go seeing as that was a total waste of a roster spot & or a draft pick IMHO & you already have your 3 QB's & just absolutely waste that draft pick given in that trade !!!!!!!

Or where else do you go when the time comes , they have to make a move ?

Have they just brought Merriman back to be a temporary thing with all intentions of letting him go ?

From anything i have read a lot of Bills fans are glad he Merrimans back & think that it was a good move . My personal feelings are the same & i think he will add a lot more intensity to this D (which is something we need) & help a lot more than we or any of his haters think !!

That i thought was pretty apparent last year when he went down !!

But what do the powers that be have going on inside their heads & what do you all think ??

Who should stay & who should go when the time does come to make that call ???

I really think the Buffalo Bills staff needs to answer some questions, at the least after this season, and figure out who is making decisions, and who needs to take responsibility for decisions.

Some things that need accounting for:

Fitzpatrick played more than half of last year "hurt" - which was the excuse for his poor play. Yet, he was never replaced on the field. Fitzpatrick, going into this season, had no major upgrade behind him, and his play has gotten worse, IMO - and still, no replacement on the field. It is my belief his contract has made it necessary for Nix or Gailey or both to make him play - to earn the money (probably an edict handed down by Ralph or Overdorf). Nevertheless, roster spots are being wasted - and money - on players who never were intended to see the field. It's just bad, bad management.

We are seeing Spiller light up the NFL. His play is on pace to break records. It is OBVIOUS that without him Fitz wouldn't have had 75% of his touchdowns, as Spiller moved the ball and took pressure of Fitz. Freddy is hurt - still admitting to not being 100%, and even at 100% he doesn't give the Bills what Spiller does - and still, Freddy is getting the majority of carries when both are healthy. Who is going to get Spiller to stay in Buffalo when his contract is up - in what, 2 years? - when Buffalo let him waste the better part of his first 2 seasons here, and then made him split - unevenly - his carries when he really hit his stride? Spiller needs to be given the attention and the chance to take his game wherever it is going to go - or we might see Spiller eager to get out from under a shadow he never should have been forced to stay too long under. (no disrespecting Fred - he's a great runner, and would be a great chance of pace back, but Spiller needs to have the lead role)

We have Mario Williams - also just handed an enormous contract - play pitifully for the first 5 games, claiming that he's injured. Yet, it doesn't show up on the injury report, and he is put out on the field every game. If he is injured to the point where he isn't making an impact, why not sit him for a week and let him heal? Let him go into the game when he's "healthy" enough to play WITHOUT an excuse? Again, I get the impression he's going to be playing no matter what, unless his legs are broken. We're going to end up with no clear impression of his real value.

There are countless more examples of a staff that is run enigmatically and erratically, and if big changes - especially a new QB - aren't made after this season, I for one, will not be spending any more time on an organization that seems more intent on keeping itself down than getting out of its own way.

How about ruvell martin, dickerson, potter, or lee smith?

Who's this Dickerson Fella you speak of?

Seriously though, with regard to "who goes," I think this is pretty spot-on with the exception of Lee Smith. I love his "nastiness" and he seems to be a pretty good run blocker. I think Brooks coming back makes Ruvell Martin expendable, obviously Dorin Dickerson IS who everyone thought he was (great football player in spandex), and I think John Potter is off the juice. Potter has gone from Sebastian Janikowski to Martin Gramatica in just a few weeks.

As much as it pains me to say this. I would prefer TO over meriman

How is that a better idea? Just to have one more wr on our roster that wont be able to catch a ball not thrown all the way to him or well beyond him? Meriman is a nessessary addition.

How is that a better idea? Just to have one more wr on our roster that wont be able to catch a ball not thrown all the way to him or well beyond him? Meriman is a nessessary addition.

Merriman is finished. TO will play for vet minimum and still a threat, considering the scrubs we field not named SJ. The quarterback problem is not part of this since Gailey is taking him down with the ship. The sooner the better.

Also, this thread like most lately is a fan forums daydream. I'm just playing along.

Coming from you, I'm not surprised by this opinion.

Stay classy my little friend.

Says the hypocrite who attacks others, unprovoked.

You'd better stick to musical opinions because you don't seem to know much about sports, little fella.

You call someone with an opinion different than yours a unprovoked Attack? When you write hogwash and some one questions it or has a differing opinion it's an attack? Man, sorry I hurt your feelings, and will never question you again. My Bad Yoda.

You call someone with an opinion different than yours a unprovoked Attack? When you write hogwash and some one questions it or has a differing opinion it's an attack? Man, sorry I hurt your feelings, and will never question you again. My Bad Yoda.

This isn't an attack?: "I notice an uncanny ability to dodge the topic you're being challenged on, then reply with more gibberish to deflect criticism. I predict a solid career in politics for you, if you want it."

You call that a "difference of opinion?"

Previous to that gem, you attacked this post:

I don't hold out a lot of hope that Fitz will become a better passer but I will say that sometimes as an athlete, a musician, or a student, you will practice certain techniques over and over and instead of a gradual improvement, you'll find that after a period of zero improvement that suddenly you'll make a big jump.

In other words, improvement is not always linear and not always in direct proportion to how much you practice.

There is still a chance that David Lee and Fitz' mechanical overhaul will eventually lead to a better passer. And the improvement could happen suddenly.

I'm not predicting this but I am saying that I've seen it happen before.

By your reply:

I wonder just what qualifies you to make such statements regarding of all things musicians? you are sadly mistaken especially in regards to " in other words, improvement is not always linear and not always in direct proportion to how much you practice". What are ya talking about here learning to tune a Bassoon? Surely, you're not speaking of improvement involving a professional musician or artist for that matter in regards to practice?

But, I would love to hear your "source" or experience to back this. Or maybe admit you took a little too much "artistic license" to post that as fact.

Is this the "classiness" you were referring to?

Also let's get one other thing clear. You didn't hurt my feelings. You insulted me. It's not the same thing but I won't confuse you with the distinction.

A person of your depth should live by this one rule of thumb: Less is more.

This isn't an attack?: "I notice an uncanny ability to dodge the topic you're being challenged on, then reply with more gibberish to deflect criticism. I predict a solid career in politics for you, if you want it."

You call that a "difference of opinion?"

Previous to that gem, you attacked this post:

By your reply:

Is this the "classiness" you were referring to?

Also let's get one other thing clear. You didn't hurt my feelings. You insulted me. It's not the same thing but I won't confuse you with the distinction.

A person of your depth should live by this one rule of thumb: Less is more.

I won't try and reason with you. I did see you do the exact same stuff when you had a problem with another so called hypocrite. Just days before this I believe. Post your wisdom. it's deep, and way over my head. As you said I know nothing on sports. i won't read or comment on your posts anymore. Sorry, again for hurting your feelings. My Bad. I'm done with your temper tantrum. Stop baiting here too.

I won't try and reason with you. I did see you do the exact same stuff when you had a problem with another so called hypocrite. Just days before this I believe. Post your wisdom. it's deep, and way over my head. As you said I know nothing on sports. i won't read or comment on your posts anymore. Sorry, again for hurting your feelings. My Bad. I'm done with your temper tantrum. Stop baiting here too.

You won't try and reason because you can't change the words that you wrote. First you attacked and insulted and afterwards, you tried to revise what happened with your claims of "difference of opinion".

You would do well to quit.

Short of an apology, it would be your best play.

I really think the Buffalo Bills staff needs to answer some questions, at the least after this season, and figure out who is making decisions, and who needs to take responsibility for decisions. (...)

There are countless more examples of a staff that is run enigmatically and erratically, and if big changes - especially a new QB - aren't made after this season, I for one, will not be spending any more time on an organization that seems more intent on keeping itself down than getting out of its own way.

This quote from the franchise QB article quoted in another thread might apply:

"I like a lot of people in the NFL, but half the league is bad coaches and front-office guys," Dilfer said. "They have no idea how Bill Walsh did what he did or Don Coryell or why New England is doing what they're doing. They have all these titles and they're making it up as they go along."

You won't try and reason because you can't change the words that you wrote. First you attacked and insulted and afterwards, you tried to revise what happened with your claims of "difference of opinion".

You would do well to quit.

Short of an apology, it would be your best play.

your avatar is fat.

your comments are not phat.