So, if Merriman has any impact what does that tell you?

Beerball

Just wondering, he wasn't picked up by any other team, but the Bills should know him better than anyone at this point. If he contributes what does that tell you about this staff?

It means we have the best staff on the planet, they knew that by letting him go he would come back more motivated than ever...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" Just imagine the potential -- Merriman - Williams - Dareus - Williams --- ???????? "

sounds like back in the day, When we started OTAs and camp. we were dreaming of a wrecking crew! small note: it's still possible.

As of this moment i am delighted to give him another opportunity to help us out. Looking forward to seeing him on the field in the Real Season. We are a bunch of fans who are based upon hopes and dreams with enough realism to keep us tempered.

So i have no idea what it means.

But i am 100% behind Merriman while he is with us. If he can be a real and physical addition, i will wish him to stay with us on our run.

Go Bills

It would rock to have him come in and put some pressure on the QB, Im not counting on much, but if Merriman can stay healthy I think he has some play making ability still left in him, POSITIVE MANIFESTATION It would be cool to see him produce before its too late. Lets Go Merriman!!

If he does great, I think it means he found his burst on the beach while looking for seashells.

Actually I have to say it, I think he was brought back because Anderson/Kelsey can't contain well on run plays. Kelsey get it turned in sometimes but often runs by the play. I saw Anderson do it too but to a lesser extent. If the is a LB or CB there they are 2nd tier of containment, so the back is already at level 2 which =s and easy 5 yard right off the bat. Shawn did well at it last year in the first 5 games, in fact he was very good in run support. I was surprised about that as he didn't do it well in SD.

Edited by bowery4

I hope he does well but truthfully I just dont really know. I remember him last season in the first few games actually making an impact and he was constantly getting held. He can also play the run so having him and williams on the field at the same time could actually be pretty good when it comes to run defense. As for his pass rushing ability its questionable but hopefully we will be able to get a good push with the interior and then make some moves. Definitely cant hurt and getting ron brooks back will really help this defense because aaron williams sucks

Just wondering, he wasn't picked up by any other team, but the Bills should know him better than anyone at this point. If he contributes what does that tell you about this staff?

Quite honestly, I haven't a clue why they re-signed Merriman. Kyle Moore gave us some of the most consistent pressure we have had from the DE position in quite some time against Arizona last week. I know their tackles are weak but Moore was a terror on almost every down he pass rushed. He deserves snaps in that rotation and I hope Merriman doesn't take any away from him. Merriman has shown little in his time with the Bills.

Maybe the extra time off will helped him?

I expect his contribution to be more emotional than anything else. We could use it.

I don't see a lot of leadership on this team. Defenses don't pounded two weeks in a row like we did if the players are accountable to each other.

Welcome back "Lights Out".

Quite honestly, I haven't a clue why they re-signed Merriman. Kyle Moore gave us some of the most consistent pressure we have had from the DE position in quite some time against Arizona last week. I know their tackles are weak but Moore was a terror on almost every down he pass rushed. He deserves snaps in that rotation and I hope Merriman doesn't take any away from him. Merriman has shown little in his time with the Bills.

You know, I went to the AZ game, watched the condensed version on NFL Game Rewind and then re-watched it in regular mode.

Kelsay got some good pressure on the QB but as usual he was losing outside containment regularly, getting caught and sealed inside effortlessly by the TEs.

I hate to rag on a player who's reputed to be an excellent human being, teammate and an exemplary professional. But Kelsay has zero football instincts. On the bright side, he didn't bite on the play action and lose containment on a naked bootleg this week so that's a positive.

Anyways, Merriman is (ironically because he's really a 3-4 OLB playing 4-3 DE) a better run defender than Kelsay so I hope that Kyle Moore continues to get snaps and that Merriman's snaps come at Kelsay's expense.

You know, I went to the AZ game, watched the condensed version on NFL Game Rewind and then re-watched it in regular mode.

Kelsay got some good pressure on the QB but as usual he was losing outside containment regularly, getting caught and sealed inside effortlessly by the TEs.

I hate to rag on a player who's reputed to be an excellent human being, teammate and an exemplary professional. But Kelsay has zero football instincts. On the bright side, he didn't bite on the play action and lose containment on a naked bootleg this week so that's a positive.

Anyways, Merriman is (ironically because he's really a 3-4 OLB playing 4-3 DE) a better run defender than Kelsay so I hope that Kyle Moore continues to get snaps and that Merriman's snaps come at Kelsay's expense.

Merriman was sealing the edge and stopping the run pretty good in pre season. Lets hope that continues on Sunday and further down the schedule.