So was there any explanation about that pseudo first down?

Rubes

First of all I have seen them slide paper between the ball and stick before...

But more importantly the Bills were 2-1 with replacement refs..let the conspiracy enthusiasts chew on that :devil:

Edited by Vinny4sum

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they showed the sticks live, it was straight on and me and my friend were screaming like banshees that it was clearly a full link short. There was no question about it. I couldn't believe it, and frankly I have never ever seen that.

FWIW, I think it was a bad spot but I understand why they didn't overturn it, even if they could deduce it was a poor spot. You couldn't know for absolute certainty he was short with the replays that they showed. It's kind of a glitch in the system. You knew for sure he was short, but you couldn't prove it with video. They don't overturn those usually.

When they showed the sticks live, it was straight on and me and my friend were screaming like banshees that it was clearly a full link short. There was no question about it. I couldn't believe it, and frankly I have never ever seen that.

FWIW, I think it was a bad spot but I understand why they didn't overturn it, even if they could deduce it was a poor spot. You couldn't know for absolute certainty he was short with the replays that they showed. It's kind of a glitch in the system. You knew for sure he was short, but you couldn't prove it with video. They don't overturn those usually.

Probably someday they'll have some sort of technology which helps to eliminate some of the human element in spotting the ball.

Probably someday they'll have some sort of technology which helps to eliminate some of the human element in spotting the ball.

The spot is so inaccurate always that it is definitely the problem. However until that time they should adopt this:

http://www.firstdownlaser.com/

More accurate and also a lot faster to measure.

Edited by CodeMonkey

The spot is so inaccurate always that it is definitely the problem. However until that time they should adopt this:

http://www.firstdownlaser.com/

More accurate and also a lot faster to measure.

That thing looks great.

The only way it could be better is if it had a recorded voice of former NFL ref Red Cashion saying "First Down!"

Exactly! Poor challenge by Gailey. Only time they move the ball is when the sideline is involved as a reference.

Were the refs still against us on the PI call ???

Sorry if already discussed, I didn't see anything...

Without Nick Mendola's permission (which was taken from a screengrab from @TrendingBuffalo), I'm linking to the image of the measurement that was called a first down. This was the play that Chan challenged and failed to overturn.

So seriously, under which set of bizarro NFL rules is this considered a first down? Anyone?

If this had been the replacement referees, there would have been hue and cry about it from the Media. Just goes to show that the Media folks went on a witch hunt to ostracize the replacements officials and get the regular refs back on the field. But they make equally bad calls as the replacements.

First of all I have seen them slide paper between the ball and stick before...

But more importantly the Bills were 2-1 with replacement refs..let the conspiracy enthusiasts chew on that :devil:

I hadn't gone that far but I have said that the Purtids are 1-2 with replacement refs when they were flagged for 6 to 8 times 1-1. 3 flags in the Bills game - every other game more than 6. 10 times in the loss to Seattle. Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever