JJ Watt is amazing and tearing Rodgers up

Certainly not. Because, had we drafted him, we all know he would not have developed into what he is now.

Watt is a good player, but there is something about DE's that feast on 4th quarter passing situation sacks that really kinda drive me nutty. Of Watt's 7 sacks, 4 came in the 4th quarter when the Texans were up by 10 or more points and the opposing team was throwing the ball like crazy to come back.

1 sack and 1 fumble came in the 4th quarter against Tennessee when the Texans were up 35-0

1 sack came in the 4th quarter against Jacksonville when the Texans were up 24-7

1.5 sack came in the 4th quarter against Denver when the Texans were up 31-18

1 sack came in the 4th quarter against the Jets when the Texans were up 23-10

Does that mean he isn't a good player? No. But I mean, perspective.

Watt is a good player, but there is something about DE's that feast on 4th quarter passing situation sacks that really kinda drive me nutty. Of Watt's 7 sacks, 4 came in the 4th quarter when the Texans were up by 10 or more points and the opposing team was throwing the ball like crazy to come back.

1 sack and 1 fumble came in the 4th quarter against Tennessee when the Texans were up 35-0

1 sack came in the 4th quarter against Jacksonville when the Texans were up 24-7

1.5 sack came in the 4th quarter against Denver when the Texans were up 31-18

1 sack came in the 4th quarter against the Jets when the Texans were up 23-10

Does that mean he isn't a good player? No. But I mean, perspective.

I see. Garbage time. But, garbage time or not, he's much more productive then Dareus is at this point in their careers. And a lot of Bruce's sacks came during those same situations. An opposing team would be trying to fight its way back and he would drown their hopes with a well-timed sack.

Watt is slightly more hyped than Dareus, but by no means is he "much more productive". Dareus was essentially the lone bright spot on the defense for much of last season--- it's no small thing for a rookie DT to get 5.5 sacks, particularly on a **** D.

What is the point of this thread?

I surely hope it is not to suggest that we should have drafted Watt instead of Dareus.

I would have, but this thread is abt being a fan of awesomeness.

He is? How so?

Really ? try 9.5 sacks and boatloads of tackles and blocked passes, How can you even make a comparison :doh:

Really ? try 9.5 sacks and boatloads of tackles and blocked passes, How can you even make a comparison :doh:

First of all you would have to know a little about the game. Or ya know, know what youre talking about. :doh:

Having half of your sacks be garbage time sacks isnt exactly a huge accomplishment.

Edited by LiterateStylish

First of all you would have to know a little about the game. Or ya know, know what youre talking about. :doh:

Having half of your sacks be garbage time sacks isnt exactly a huge accomplishment.

His two sacks were not in garbage time tonight if you were even watching all.

obviously you are blind and don't jack about footabll until you do shut up.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian