spiller record as starter?

I LOVE FRED,

HOWEVER LOOK AT SPILLER'S RECORD AS A STARTER THIS YEAR. WE ARE BETTER WITH CJ STARTING. TEAMS FEAR THE HOME RUN. FIRST POST UNDER SPILL AND FILL.

Really is irrelevant who starts at RB when the Defense allows 80 points a game

I truly believe in a one bell cow system. It allows the back to get in a groove and have a feel for the way a defense is playing them. Spiller is obvoiusly better then Freddy at this time.

Its time that Freddy steps aside like Fred Taylor did for MJD. It can extend is his career with less wear and tear.

What I would really like to see though is both of them on the field at the same time at all times in our base offense. Defenses will have a hard time figuring out who's gonna get the ball. Plus there's alot of possibilites with one or the other motioning to a wr spot. We can run do some end arounds, screens. Let's be innovative for once. Start a trend.

Its not gonna happen though cause our coach Gailey said he doesn't know how to use them together.

I truly believe in a one bell cow system. It allows the back to get in a groove and have a feel for the way a defense is playing them. Spiller is obvoiusly better then Freddy at this time.

Its time that Freddy steps aside like Fred Taylor did for MJD. It can extend is his career with less wear and tear.

What I would really like to see though is both of them on the field at the same time at all times in our base offense. Defenses will have a hard time figuring out who's gonna get the ball. Plus there's alot of possibilites with one or the other motioning to a wr spot. We can run do some end arounds, screens. Let's be innovative for once. Start a trend.

Its not gonna happen though cause our coach Gailey said he doesn't know how to use them together.

Freddy can step aside next year, I have him on my fantasy football team.

Freddy can step aside next year, I have him on my fantasy football team.

Fantasy team or not, his performance is showing he's not as good as CJ. What has he gotten for you in fantasy so far this year? 6 points total? I got news for ya, it's nit gonna change much even if he was the only RB. He's getting old. It's a bad thing for a RB in this league.

I LOVE FRED,

HOWEVER LOOK AT SPILLER'S RECORD AS A STARTER THIS YEAR. WE ARE BETTER WITH CJ STARTING. TEAMS FEAR THE HOME RUN. FIRST POST UNDER SPILL AND FILL.

Wins and losses count against the starting QB, not the starting RB.

Unless the QB is Fitz, then only losses count, and wins are due to something completely different.

Wins and losses count against the starting QB, not the starting RB.

Unless the QB is Fitz, then only losses count, and wins are due to something completely different.

if Spiller was healthy vs the Pats that might of been a different game. But against the 9ers it wouldn't of made a difference if we had Barry Sanders we were losing that gm

this is one of the funniest lines i've ever read here--you delivered it perfectly. i have a very dry sense of humor and i literally laughed out loud.

its true though. and sad.

we have brad smith, who has proven he can run the ball, throw the ball, and catch the ball - we utilize him 2 to 3 times a game.

we have two amazing running backs, one of which (cj) has hands and can catch the ball in traffic.

we have an all pro at wideout in stevie.

we have a good tight end.

graham appears to be a burner who can make plays in space.

and yet, gailey insists on lining up 5 wide, empty backfield, and running go routes all day long.

i hate our coach.

i could put up bigger numbers running our offense than him.

why not put tavaris jackson in, line up cj and freddy in the backfield, send brad smith in motion, and have graham and stevie split wide, with nelson at te.

that ball could literally go ANYWHERE, including a qb keeper.

or better yet, why not put brad smith at qb and just run the freaking option?

why dont we keep the ball on the ground?

i hate gailey.

Really is irrelevant who starts at RB when the Defense allows 80 points a game

WRONG...not irrelevant. Its not irrelevant when the offense KEEPS THE BALL and KEEPS THE DEFENSE ON THE SIDELINE. Not yelling, emphasizing. This is a RUNNING TEAM and Chan thinks its better to go 5 wide or shotgun damn near every down. When we RAN the ball with CJ we won. Plain and simple, and won convincingly.

this is one of the funniest lines i've ever read here--you delivered it perfectly. i have a very dry sense of humor and i literally laughed out loud.

its true though. and sad.

we have brad smith, who has proven he can run the ball, throw the ball, and catch the ball - we utilize him 2 to 3 times a game.

we have two amazing running backs, one of which (cj) has hands and can catch the ball in traffic.

we have an all pro at wideout in stevie.

we have a good tight end.

graham appears to be a burner who can make plays in space.

and yet, gailey insists on lining up 5 wide, empty backfield, and running go routes all day long.

i hate our coach.

i could put up bigger numbers running our offense than him.

why not put tavaris jackson in, line up cj and freddy in the backfield, send brad smith in motion, and have graham and stevie split wide, with nelson at te.

that ball could literally go ANYWHERE, including a qb keeper.

or better yet, why not put brad smith at qb and just run the freaking option?

why dont we keep the ball on the ground?

i hate gailey.

It would be against the rules to do this, as Nelson is on IR. Even if he was healthy, he's not a tight end.

Edited by Chandemonium

CJ Spiller is the best player on our team and when given a chance to tote the rock 15 + times per game he's been one of the best players in football. The numbers bear that out. PFF ran some stats last year and from the time FredEx went down (i paraphrase) Spiller was top 5 in the league in yards behind only Megatron, Ray Rice, and some other Schmoe who's name escapes me ATM (LeSean McCoy?). They actually graded him as the best back in football during that stretch based on his total package, INCLUDING blocking.

I have no idea why Gailey insists on a 50/50 split. You have to put your best talent on the field. Spiller is clearly our 20-25 carry guy. It's not debatable. He's explosive, he knows all the blocking assignments, and has learned how to settle for the 3-4 yard gain.

Fred is our 3rd down slash 8-10 carry slash goal line guy. There's nothing wrong with that. I love what Fred has done for this team and what he represents. But he is the inferior player to Spiller.

If Gailey continues this 50/50 nonsense he deserves to lose his job. There is no excuse for not putting your best talent on the field the majority of the time.

Edited by Thurmal34