It's time to wake up, shake up this team.

Tipster19

I'm afraid that this team is either in the tank or about to be. I think that the coaching/administration staff is walking a very precarious line here and drastic measures might be in order here.

What I don't like is our mindset as a team. I'm doing this from an IPhone and I hope that I can make my point(s) coherent. First off I will say that I don't believe that this is just one or a few people's fault but us as a whole for this total collapse that we have been witnessing the last couple of weeks. With that being said I think that we have nothing to lose by capturing this team's attention with some very bold moves.

I'm sure that this won't be popular but I think that it might be in our best interest for us to salvage this season before it's too late to do a subtraction for improvement. I would not be against the idea of trading Fred Jackson to Arizona before the trade deadline. I noticed that Fred wasn't too thrilled with us waiving Brian Moorman. If he was willing to express publicly his dissatisfaction that I could imagine how internally unhappy he really is. He is also on the wrong side of 30 to boot. The Eagles have made a living out of trading players with a year or so left in their tank. I also remember how close he is to Marshawn Lynch and it makes me wonder just how dedicated he truly is to our cause. I also think that it might be the time for us to see just what our 1st rd pick in Spiller will bring. I also believe that this would be a wake up call to the rest of the players that mediocrity is unacceptable. This is not to defend Gailey & Co or to put the blame on Jackson but it's time for us to be the kind of organization that can and will make hard decisions.

I want us to be the kind of team and organization that takes accountability for our production and actions. I don't believe that this is the current case and we are only 5 weeks into the season.

The compensation could be a combination of a draft pick and a player (Early Doucet?) but more importantly maybe a move like this could reel this team but in and capture their attention because as of right now we are screwed!

Good article I know you put a lot of thought into it, I don't know if trading Fred Jackson right now would be beneficial though. I actually think it would hinder the production of the team. The question is what would we actually get for Jackson? probably no higher than a 4th or 5th round pick. If that's the case then he's worth keeping, especially with our drafting history. If they gave us a young receiver I would be shocked since they would have to absorb a higher salary and lose a draft pick. But I guess you never know haha.

I'm not so sure you trade FredEx until we're out of contention. I would love to see Spiller get more carries, but it would be a hinderance to trade Fred IMO. He can be a great change of pace back for Spiller if Gailey actually decided to start him as a feature back. That may be the only spark that we need.

I'm not so sure you trade FredEx until we're out of contention. I would love to see Spiller get more carries, but it would be a hinderance to trade Fred IMO. He can be a great change of pace back for Spiller if Gailey actually decided to start him as a feature back. That may be the only spark that we need.

We're out of contention. We beat the chiefs and browns. Got BLOWN OUT vs 2 good teams and a below average team. Mathmatically, we're in contention for the playoffs. In reality, we have no chance to win a playoff game.

We're out of contention. We beat the chiefs and browns. Got BLOWN OUT vs 2 good teams and a below average team. Mathmatically, we're in contention for the playoffs. In reality, we have no chance to win a playoff game.

I see we have a soothsayer here. I guess you know how the rest of the season is going to go. Yeah, never has a team been blown out more than 3 times and made the playoffs cough* 2008 Arizona Cardinals cough*. You cant even say its different, you dont think their boards were blowing up like ours?

Fact is, its not how you start its how you finish. There's a lot of doom and gloomers on here, and I feel sorry for you. I've only been on this board 2 hours but I've been a fan for as long as I remember. I remember the good ole days and we're suffering through the bad times. We can pull out of this tail spin, we have the talent. Who knows, they could start to gell as the season goes on.

To make a long story short, you don't have a crystal ball so you cant say matter-of-factly that they're going to suck the rest of the year. Have some faith. There's a long way yet to go!

I wanted to point out the irony of your statement and the "I dont "know" I "think"" statement under your name. Wow.

This team has multiple problems that trading FJ is not going to solve. From what I’ve observed these are erratic quarterback play and inept defensive performance in 3 blowout losses.

As far as quarterback goes there isn’t a long term solution on the roster unless you believe T. Jackson has starter potential and is capable of running the offense that Gailey wants to execute. His physical toolset is better than Fitz but can he assimilate the offensive game plan to a level necessary to play competently this season? I think we can write off Thigpen as a solution.

To throw the idea out there, to me the most obvious thing to do would be to play Fitz into the bye week acknowledging he’s no franchise QB (hoping they can go into it at 4-3 or 3-4) and then use the bye week and bring Jackson in the take over the position for the remainder of the season. Then plan using the draft to acquire the Franchise QB in round 1 through whatever draft position and picks are at their disposal to pick at their spot of move up via trade.

The defense is another story. There’s no excuse for the defensive line, regardless of the scheme or coaching, to play this poorly. It’s either chemistry, motivation, or lack of effort and that ripples through to the LBs and DBs. That said, I think the defensive scheme and strategy is passive and predictable so either the coordinator starts to dial up some aggression and confusion for the offense or he gets the boot. You look at the top defenses and they have many attributes in common, great talent, aggressive scheme, and the ability to create a lot of uncertainly for the offense by using multiple formations, blitzes, coverage schemes, etc. I’ve seen none of that from this team.

Ok, I would say trade our whole defense to Arizona but their defense is 10 times better than ours.

I think that our best bet would be is to dig up P.T Barnum and let him find that sucker that was born today and trade this WHOLE team to him for a used snowblower, at least the snowblower would fill a need and people up in Buffalo could get some use out of it.

It's hard talking sense to a couple of primates.