Felix Baumgartner Space Jump **Sunday 10/14 @0800 EST (live feed)

ajzepp

I didn't see anyone else post this, so feel free to delete if duplicate.

I remember seeing this guy's test jump earlier in the year, but today he's ascending to 120k feet into the atmosphere and freefalling from the edge of space back to the earth. Below are the links to the mission description and also the live feed information. Looks like it's been delayed until 130pm EST.

http://www.redbullst...is-the-mission/

http://www.redbullst...to-watch-live!/

http://www.youtube.com/redbull

Edited by ajzepp

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks the wind kicked up. The live feed was fascinating, even just on the ground. Red bull's got this kind of coin? Wish I was in the energy drink business.

That feed was beautiful, wasn't it? Fantastic quality. Im off today, so was super excited when I saw he was jumping...I'm really bummed. Hopefully the video of the actual jump when he gets it done will be very impressive.

That feed was beautiful, wasn't it? Fantastic quality. Im off today, so was super excited when I saw he was jumping...I'm really bummed. Hopefully the video of the actual jump when he gets it done will be very impressive.

Think how Felix feels. Suited up, big day, heart racing in anticipation, just a few minutes now... Whoops never mind maybe tomorrow. :wallbash:

Think how Felix feels. Suited up, big day, heart racing in anticipation, just a few minutes now... Whoops never mind maybe tomorrow. :wallbash:

no doubt....I heard earlier that they got the poor guy up at 2am to try and prepare for a 7am jump....so he's been in that suit all day just waiting.

I saw some video of his test jump and even that was riveting....that was only like half the distance of what he's doing this time! I may even be more excited about this than I was the Mars Rover landing, and that was pretty damn exciting.

no doubt....I heard earlier that they got the poor guy up at 2am to try and prepare for a 7am jump....so he's been in that suit all day just waiting.

I saw some video of his test jump and even that was riveting....that was only like half the distance of what he's doing this time! I may even be more excited about this than I was the Mars Rover landing, and that was pretty damn exciting.

His other jump was more than half. One of things he trying too accomplish is the worlds record which I can't look up now but believe it to be around 92,000 ft. it has been held a long time.

His other jump was more than half. One of things he trying too accomplish is the worlds record which I can't look up now but believe it to be around 92,000 ft. it has been held a long time.

I didn't see that one....this is the one I saw...looks like it was 71k, so a little more than half, but the point is that I just can't imagine how much more amazing it will be from 120k feet...the footage from the 71k foot jump already looks like he's stepping out into space!