Felix Baumgartner Space Jump **Sunday 10/14 @0800 EST (live feed)

ajzepp

This video is very cool....I've never seen anything like #9 :lol:

After the top 10, keep watching for some footage of Kittinger's jump....it's amazing to hear his account and see some of his video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_MVwUqrwDc&NR=1&feature=endscreen

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see that one....this is the one I saw...looks like it was 71k, so a little more than half, but the point is that I just can't imagine how much more amazing it will be from 120k feet...the footage from the 71k foot jump already looks like he's stepping out into space!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-TCO2IdoTA

Quite amazing for sure. I forgot where I read this but if even a pin sized hole was to open in his pressurized suit his blood would boil during the high altitude descent? I've done some crazy stuff but no way have the nads for this stuff.

Quite amazing for sure. I forgot where I read this but if even a pin sized hole was to open in his pressurized suit his blood would boil during the high altitude descent? I've done some crazy stuff but no way have the nads for this stuff.

I'm truly envious of those who don't fear heights, cause it must be one HELL of a fun ride for them. I love watching videos of people doing crazy stuff, but when it comes to heights I just can't do it.

I'm truly envious of those who don't fear heights, cause it must be one HELL of a fun ride for them. I love watching videos of people doing crazy stuff, but when it comes to heights I just can't do it.

If you'd do one of these jumps I bet you'd be over your fear of heights. :P

Having a parachute helps calm one I'm sure.

Have you seen the videos of these guys who wear these suits that allow them to sort of glide for miles before pulling the chute? It's dangerous as hell and several people have been killed doing it, but wow is that fun to watch. I love when they have the first person perspective camera and they record the experience. I would LOVE to do something like that, actually.

If you'd do one of these jumps I bet you'd be over your fear of heights. :P

lol, I wish that were true...

Have you seen the videos of these guys who wear these suits that allow them to sort of glide for miles before pulling the chute? It's dangerous as hell and several people have been killed doing it, but wow is that fun to watch. I love when they have the first person perspective camera and they record the experience. I would LOVE to do something like that, actually.

lol, I wish that were true...

There was a thread on those gliding suits on here a few months ago,but I can't find it. It was very cool alright. What do they call them? I can't remember.

Edit- well their called glide suits. My emoticons are not working or I would use the head slap one.

Oh fixed it :doh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmlAW_1hgT8

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Wow, great video! I wonder what happens if those dudes have to sneeze while they're in the air? I'd love to know what the glide ratio is on those suits and how dependent it is on weight. I can't get over how cool that is, though...must take an s-load of strength to be able to do that.

Wow, great video! I wonder what happens if those dudes have to sneeze while they're in the air? I'd love to know what the glide ratio is on those suits and how dependent it is on weight. I can't get over how cool that is, though...must take an s-load of strength to be able to do that.

Good observation on the glide ratio. I find it amazing they can go so far horizontally with those tiny "wings".

Good observation on the glide ratio. I find it amazing they can go so far horizontally with those tiny "wings".

Thanks, I definitley think it would be interesting to learn more about it. It's hard to get a feel for it in the vids cause you can't always tell the orientation of the camera. It sure seems like they can go a LONG damn way before they need to hit the chute. I really liked the music in that clip you linked to, as well....fun video overall.

***New Jump Date is Sunday Oct 14th at 0800 EST***

Thanks, I definitley think it would be interesting to learn more about it. It's hard to get a feel for it in the vids cause you can't always tell the orientation of the camera. It sure seems like they can go a LONG damn way before they need to hit the chute. I really liked the music in that clip you linked to, as well....fun video overall.

***New Jump Date is Sunday Oct 14th at 0800 EST***

Yeah I liked the music also. Seems to fit the video perfectly.

I love the terrain they are jumping in, just beautiful. And how did they ever build those roads?

Yeah I liked the music also. Seems to fit the video perfectly.

I love the terrain they are jumping in, just beautiful. And how did they ever build those roads?

Those winding roads were amazing! There are some really cool vids on youtube about the most interesting natural structures in the world and there is some really amazing looking places. Those roads on that mountainside reminded me of them. I could spend all day on youtube just looking at all sorts of random crap lol

Those winding roads were amazing! There are some really cool vids on youtube about the most interesting natural structures in the world and there is some really amazing looking places. Those roads on that mountainside reminded me of them. I could spend all day on youtube just looking at all sorts of random crap lol

Yep one You Tube video just leads to another. That is one of the reasons I quit cable tv. How much entertainment do you need?