Romney's Big Bird Comment During Debate Sets Social Media On Fire

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitt Romney really told the moderator he was going to fire him. And then said he'd fire Big Bird. LOL

By the way, PBS makes up .0012% of the federal budget.

This is weak, even for you

you mis-state how Governor Romney phrased it. . . . . . . . .no surprise

and then you mischaracterize how cutting small portions of the federal budget would eventually add up.

it not the percent, in any case, its whether or not we should be funding something, large or small.

just weak.

This is weak, even for you

you mis-state how Governor Romney phrased it. . . . . . . . .no surprise

and then you mischaracterize how cutting small portions of the federal budget would eventually add up.

it not the percent, in any case, its whether or not we should be funding something, large or small.

just weak.

Really weak!

What problem do you have with PBS anyways?

He did?

And to your second point...what's your point?

The second point is that Mitt Romney copped out and named PBS on something to cut. He didn't give any serious CUTS. It doesn't surprise me, but it's stupid to give PBS as an example of something you cut. Especially when it has ZERO effect on the budget.

Really weak!

The second point is that Mitt Romney copped out and named PBS on something to cut. He didn't give any serious CUTS. It doesn't surprise me, but it's stupid to give PBS as an example of something you cut. Especially when it has ZERO effect on the budget.

It was supposed to be an example of what he'd cut, since the moderator was on it.

Really weak!

Ever hear of the latte tax?

Really weak!

No it's a perfect example of what you cut and the reason is is that there are thousands upon thousands of those programs that if cut would equal billions and none of us would be the wiser. Would you feel it if PBS lost it's funding?

Sesame Street makes somuch momey, they can pay for the rest of PBS.

This

I believe the licensing on Elmo et al far surpassed PBS budgets nation wide. If not...the rest of it surely does.

Never mind the corporate sponsorship that PBS currently enjoys.

In a time where we are playing for the future of the country, I don't think asking PBS to find a way is too much to ask.

Remember...I'm also the guy who wants us to stop forcing the military to buy shoddy equipment it doesn't need, and having to waste good soldiers on bad artillery...sailors on bad ships, etc.

Also don't forget: Reagan increased spending on the military....but not before he called the entire cadre of flag officers into his office, and told them they had to run it like a business, and that waste would not be tolerated. The Bradley and the Osprey were the exceptions...not the rule. We deployed a buttload of new weapons systems in the 80s...and few failed. Because failure for Reagan = RIFfed. Or, fired. We saw the effectiveness of those systems = Gulf War.

I may be wrong, but I don't see Romney deviating from his "should we borrow to get it" tenet...for anything. It's too easy of an opening for his opponents. He's simply not that dumb, and he knows whatever he does has to deliver...just like in a business. He's putting that standard on himself.

By the way, PBS makes up .0012% of the federal budget.

This kind of thinking is precisely why progressives are known to be incompetent spenders. You see a line item and think "Oh, that's such a small amount. Getting rid of that won't even make a dent."

And what do you do? Leave it in. Because it would never dawn on a progressive that if you cut enough "little" wasteful spending, it might amount to something significant. You look at something like Solyndra and shrug it off as if the only reason that abortion of an investment got the money in the first place was because we had an extra $500M sitting around doing nothing.

This kind of thinking is precisely why progressives are known to be incompetent spenders. You see a line item and think "Oh, that's such a small amount. Getting rid of that won't even make a dent."

And what do you do? Leave it in. Because it would never dawn on a progressive that if you cut enough "little" wasteful spending, it might amount to something significant. You look at something like Solyndra and shrug it off as if the only reason that abortion of an investment got the money in the first place was because we had an extra $500M sitting around doing nothing.

One of my favorite comments from last night was the 92 B sent to green energy. No response from Obama there...

One of my favorite comments from last night was the 92 B sent to green energy. No response from Obama there...

Yep, but 92 B = 2 million new teachers....destroyed Obama's 100k new math and science teacher thing. :lol: Made him look like a little fool.

Also came in handy to contrast 2.whatever B for drilling.

92 B...for no jobs, and no real effect. Obama is lucky we don't tar and feather people anymore.

Also don't forget: Reagan increased spending on the military....but not before he called the entire cadre of flag officers into his office, and told them they had to run it like a business, and that waste would not be tolerated. The Bradley and the Osprey were the exceptions...not the rule. We deployed a buttload of new weapons systems in the 80s...and few failed. Because failure for Reagan = RIFfed. Or, fired. We saw the effectiveness of those systems = Gulf War.

This is the most absurd statement EVER made in my brief history in PPP.

No it's a perfect example of what you cut and the reason is is that there are thousands upon thousands of those programs that if cut would equal billions and none of us would be the wiser. Would you feel it if PBS lost it's funding?

Here is another one.

http://www.libertynews.com/2012/10/03/new-chapter-in-free-phone-saga-woman-has-30-free-phones/

He is so very Presidential!!!!

http://news.yahoo.co...--election.html

"Thank goodness somebody is finally getting tough on Big Bird," Obama said

Dude you got your ass handed to you and that is the fight you want to pick?

Barry is like the guy who has an encounter with someone, fails miserably during it, and on the way home thinks of all thing things he should have said. And then says them the next day to a partisan crowd. Real effective.

Yep, but 92 B = 2 million new teachers....destroyed Obama's 100k new math and science teacher thing. :lol: Made him look like a little fool.

Also came in handy to contrast 2.whatever B for drilling.

92 B...for no jobs, and no real effect. Obama is lucky we don't tar and feather people anymore.

Maybe they should still tar and feather people. That way Barry could be Big Bird's replacement.

And he then followed it up with how many teachers you could hire with that amount of money. Booyaa!!!

That was great.

Barry is like the guy who has an encounter with someone, fails miserably during it, and on the way home thinks of all thing things he should have said. And then says them the next day to a partisan crowd. Real effective..

That's what cowards do...................