I endured the pain of watching again.....good news/bad news

I'm not saying Bellyache didn't have anything to do with it. Just that it wasn't apparent coming out for the second half. He can outcoach Wanny from a phone booth.

The Patriots ripped our hearts out the old fashioned way; by running it down our throats. After two drives of that, we quit. And the Pats kept right on rolling. I give Bellyache all the credit in the world for sticking to what was working. But it was working in the first half, too. I wouldn't be surprised if he just told them to keep doing what they were doing in the first half and sooner or later we would fold from the constant punishment.

GO BILLS!!!

Well, I still believe BB tore them a new one at the half, reminding them they were 1-2 and down 21-7 to a team they normally own year in year out. If they continued to play flat like they did in the first half that they wouldn't be seeing any of that playoff money this year.

Another main point I had is how poorly motivated that vaunted Bills D line has been against the Jets and Patriots. There are some great players on that D line IMHO, they just need someone (who can) to light a fire.

The Dolphins had 8 sacks on the Cards this past week, and I think the Bills d line is better then Miami's. Do the players hate Gailey / Wannstadt?

Well, I still believe BB tore them a new one at the half, reminding them they were 1-2 and down 21-7 to a team they normally own year in year out. If they continued to play flat like they did in the first half that they wouldn't be seeing any of that playoff money this year.

Another main point I had is how poorly motivated that vaunted Bills D line has been against the Jets and Patriots. There are some great players on that D line IMHO, they just need someone (who can) to light a fire.

The Dolphins had 8 sacks on the Cards this past week, and I think the Bills d line is better then Miami's. Do the players hate Gailey / Wannstadt?

NFL players really need rah rah speeches? Just be a professional and do your job.

Rubes,

You could tell that there was something up with our running backs....you really could. Every time Spiller had actually contact he got up favoring that shoulder a bit......Jackson normally is very fluid on delayed handoffs and he just looked like he was moving in quicksand.

I know that we lost both Urbik and Glenn in this game......but I still feel that Hairston and Rhineard are no slouches.....the time and speed were just off with these 2 RB's all day.

Oh I don't doubt that. I could definitely tell that Spiller wasn't his usual explosive self, and Freddie seemed a step slower than usual.

Nevertheless, I still believe the offensive line was overmatched in this one, even before those guys went down. There were no running lanes, and Fitz was definitely feeling the pressure.

I forget who it was from the pats* But he was asked on a tv interview what the pats* locker room was like at the half. His reply was something like "there was no emotional ra ra speech. it was quiet. We said to each other we need to take care of business in the second half".

When the Bills run into actual professional NFL franchises, there is no need for the opponent to panic. The Bills not only lack a killer instinct but simple passion, and emotion are nowhere to be found. Fred & Kyle gets a big time pass though. SJ13 is IMO not yet a "leader".

The things that sticks in my head was the fantom ruffing the passer call and there is now way a fine should have resulted and PS Brady's knee was down. That being said, there was no pass rush and Brady picked Bills apart in the second half. I went to the game, my first in a few years and was joyous after the first half and beffuddled by the end of the 3rd quarter.... No adjustments by the Bills coaching staff, no blitzes and no paybacks to Patriot players tacking cheap shots that the refs were not calling.

Reminded me of the Sabres after the Lucic incident. They played like a bunch of wimps except Gilmore who was outstanding. Despite getting run over a few times, he kept sticking his head in there unlike Williams and his phantom arm tackles.

Edited by North Buffalo

I'm not convinced, John. We had trouble running the ball all day, and we had trouble with pass protection as well. I think the offensive line was performing below par all day, as well as the defensive line. In my opinion, it was a matter of time before a team like the Pats* got their act together, reduced the errors, and figured out how to take advantage of us on both sides of the ball.

Oh god yes. Everyone forgets Glenn and Ubrik got knocked out. Pears was HORRIBLE in relief of Hairston who when to LT.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood