Kyle Williams fined $15K for hit on Brady

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone posted the hit on Brady. Sorry but your guy was a moron for 2 reasons:

1. He went low on PURPOSE

2. Where he did it any BLIND man could have called him for it.

I am not shocked he is 15k lighter after the hit, If I was the commish I tell him for being an moron and purposely going low on one of the NFL Golden Boys.. (You do that to Brees,Brady,Rogers,Either Manning you will be fined.)

I am not shocked he is 15k lighter after the hit, If I was the commish I tell him for being an moron and purposely going low on one of the NFL Golden Boys.. (You do that to Brees,Brady,Rogers,Either Manning you will be fined.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtFPUm-9Tg0

Invest in Lenscrafters.

No offense, but why exactly are you hanging around here? Commenting in this thread that Kyle Williams is a "moron" is pretty much just trying to pick a fight with pissed off Bills fans on a touchy subject.

Check out this video comparing a Brady hit to a Fitzpatrick hit.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtFPUm-9Tg0. Utter BS.

This video shows that Williams clearly hits Brady below the knees while it shows that Cunningham hits Fitz above his knees, in the quad/hamstring area.

As per the rules, only one of those tackles is deemed illegal; the one below the knees.

This video shows that Williams clearly hits Brady below the knees while it shows that Cunningham hits Fitz above his knees, in the quad/hamstring area.

As per the rules, only one of those tackles is deemed illegal; the one below the knees.

So diving into the back of the knees is "quad/hamstring area" now? Please... :rolleyes:

If they want to flag/fine Williams, then so be it. There is a rule and he broke it. But so did the Pats. I dont mind Kyle's falg/fine, I do mind that the refs dont make those calls against the Pats, ever.

So diving into the back of the knees is "quad/hamstring area" now? Please... :rolleyes:

If they want to flag/fine Williams, then so be it. There is a rule and he broke it. But so did the Pats. I dont mind Kyle's falg/fine, I do mind that the refs dont make those calls against the Pats, ever.

I don't see the hit on Fitz as being below the knees. It certainly isn't as obvious as the Williams hit which was clearly a below the knee incident. I'm sure the league would have fined Cunningham if they felt it was a below the knee play!

Check the other thread "Refs Love Brady"...I found the section of the Rulebook. I'm not conceding your argument that Fitz was hit above the knee (I think it was at the back of the knees) but even if he was, the rule still applies if the original contact is made above the knee but the DE continues to make contact and moves lower below the knee.

This all boils down to a Judgment call...and the main thrust of these posts is that Brady gets the benefit of the doubt in these situations.

it is what it is.

no doubt in my mind that at full speed, the hits result in the same general uncomfortable-looking end for the qbs. i'd be extremely surprised to see a flag NOT thrown if brady was hit in a similar fashion as fitz. i think fitz would get the call if he was the recipient of a hit similar to the williams hit. i'm ok with the flag on williams, it looked ugly at full speed, regardless of his intent. still, i go back to last years game where we took a crazy penalty on an int where the flag was for something like 'blocking a player to the ground' when someone--florence maybe, blocked brady in the vicinity of the play. same game, fitz scrambles and steps out of bounds, edleman tags him two steps later and no flag tossed. the problem with judgement calls, when you see 'em over and over, and you feel like it's goign against youis it gets frustrating. where was the call when chandler got hit away from the play a couple seconds after the whistle blows the play dead?

to assume that at full speed the officials somehow can tell that the hit on fitz was in the upper-backer-quad-area at full speed assumes they negotiated exceptionally good eye care in their new deal. at full speed, it's close to the knees and looks fugly.

Check the other thread "Refs Love Brady"...I found the section of the Rulebook. I'm not conceding your argument that Fitz was hit above the knee (I think it was at the back of the knees) but even if he was, the rule still applies if the original contact is made above the knee but the DE continues to make contact and moves lower below the knee.

This all boils down to a Judgment call...and the main thrust of these posts is that Brady gets the benefit of the doubt in these situations.

This has nothing to do with Brady. It has to do with Fitz and whether or not the league felt Cunningham hit him below the knees and should be fined.

At this point any conspiracy theories involving the refs favouring the Pats in order to allow them an easier time of winning the ball game are long gone. The game is over and the league is determining whether or not to fine a player. Unless your point is the league favours the Pats when it comes to handing out fines .... post ballgames!

This has nothing to do with Brady. It has to do with Fitz and whether or not the league felt Cunningham hit him below the knees and should be fined.

At this point any conspiracy theories involving the refs favouring the Pats in order to allow them an easier time of winning the ball game are long gone. The game is over and the league is determining whether or not to fine a player. Unless your point is the league favours the Pats when it comes to handing out fines .... post ballgames!

This is my complaint....that he is a rope choker.

Tom+Brady+Divisional+Playoffs+New+York+Jets+ofSf3rj7d0Jl.jpg

That thread fails to realize Brady is NOT the only QB gets the benefit of the doubt but rather ALL the ELITE/Golden boys of the NFL do like the Manning,Brees, Rogers...

That thread fails to realize Brady is NOT the only QB gets the benefit of the doubt but rather ALL the ELITE/Golden boys of the NFL do like the Manning,Brees, Rogers...

Yet only 1 of them has two major rule changes based on helping/protecting him. :rolleyes:

And you're not disproving our accusation, rather seem to be agreeing with it. So what's your problem with the thread?

Im sure we can all agree that 1. Brady gets preferential treatment from the NFL, and 2. It should all be called fairly. Right?

Yet only 1 of them has two major rule changes based on helping/protecting him. :rolleyes:

If you are referring to the "can't hit below the knee" rule then that rule was enforced/implemented as a result of Carson Palmer's knee blowout in '06 which happened BEFORE Brady got hurt in '08.

If you are referring to the "can't hit below the knee" rule then that rule was enforced/implemented as a result of Carson Palmer's knee blowout in '06 which happened BEFORE Brady got hurt in '08.

I was actually referring to the rule "If you sack a QB, you must help him put his makeup back on before he goes to the huddle", but that is definitely good to know regarding the knee rule. :thumbsup::oops:

And you're not disproving our accusation, rather seem to be agreeing with it. So what's your problem with the thread?

Im sure we can all agree that 1. Brady gets preferential treatment from the NFL, and 2. It should all be called fairly. Right?

1. All ELITE players get preferential treatment. 2. In a PERFECT world yes, but again the guys who are the POSTER boys for the league will always get more calls and more protection.. all about the benjamins baby!