My weekly prediction. I told you guys... 2 predictions this time

Im 3-1 so far. 3 game prediction streak.

No one liked the "they dont lose 3 games in a row" saying, but that was my main reason why I picked NE to win. If they were playing san fran in a possible 3 losses in a row scenario would be one thing. But it was against us. Of course they were going to win. Dont get mad, get glad. Whatever

At San Fran

My prediction is

Right now I should be saying San Fran wins easily. But I wont say that just yet. The jets beat us bad and they beat the jets bad. We shold get killed. But not so fast.

At Arizona

My prediction is

I could also say Arizona is flying high. They should beat us pretty good. Their d is great. Bla bla bla. But not so fast.

Honestly its too early to pick each game, but I will be updating my topic by mid week. Feel free to try to stear me in any direction.

Dont get mad, get glad.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im 3-1 so far. 3 game prediction streak.

Honestly its too early to pick each game, but I will be updating my topic by mid week. Feel free to try to stear me in any direction.

Dont get mad, get glad.

It's never too early! There are 22 of us who are 4-0 for the season and we predicted the games in May. :nana:

oh and 21 of the 22 have the Bills chalking up another L this week.

Apparently there is some sort of pool that I was unaware of. Either way, picking games before the season is dumb. I am 1-3 this year because I predicted a win against the Jets, then a loss in each of the next three. When I say this, I have a feeling a lot of people may agree: I say we come out and surprise everyone this week by playing the 49ers very tough, maybe even taking a late lead. But alas, the Bills have lost two blowouts, we are way overdue for a heartbreaker. So I say Bills play a tough game and lose in agonizing fashion in the last minute or maybe even overtime. As far as the Arizona game, I am really pulling for Arizona to win this week, because if they do, they aint going 6-0 (law of averages) and I'll love the Bills to win in week 6.

And also, dude you started a thread to tell everyone that you're not ready to pick the game for this week, but will be updating your pick later in the week?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

As far as the Arizona game, I am really pulling for Arizona to win this week, because if they do, they aint going 6-0 (law of averages gamblers fallacy) and I'll love the Bills to win in week 6.

Law of Averages: Belief that an event is "due" to happen: For example, "The roulette wheel has landed on red in three consecutive spins. The law of averages says it's due to land on black!" Of course, the wheel has no memory and its probabilities do not change according to past results. So even if the wheel has landed on red in ten consecutive spins the probability that the next spin will be black is still 50%.

Similarly, there is no statistical basis for the belief that a losing sports team is due to win a game or that lottery numbers which haven't appeared recently are due to appear soon. This sort of belief is called the gamblers fallacy.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Law of Averages: Belief that an event is "due" to happen: For example, "The roulette wheel has landed on red in three consecutive spins. The law of averages says it's due to land on black!" Of course, the wheel has no memory and its probabilities do not change according to past results. So even if the wheel has landed on red in ten consecutive spins the probability that the next spin will be black is still 50%.

Similarly, there is no statistical basis for the belief that a losing sports team is due to win a game or that lottery numbers which haven't appeared recently are due to appear soon. This sort of belief is called the gamblers fallacy.

OK then take the Chargers, a team whose record is probably a little bit better than how good they are (3-1) to beat the Saints, who we all know are not dropping to 0-5. Teams records always have a way of venturing toward the middle unless they're exceptionally good or bad.

Didn't everyone on here agree that we had a tough time seeing the Patriots losing 3 straight? Teams get hungrier and lax depnding on previous weeks. Like the Ravens just played an epic game against New England down to the wire and then had to turn around and play Cleveland on a Thursday. For Cleveland, this was their Super Bowl. No surprise Baltimore had a bit of a letdown and wasn't able to cover the spread. Rest assured if they had lost that game to New England, they would have come out with a greater sense of urgency and pulverized Cleveland. So, unlike a wheel, football teams do have memories and if you look for trends like this, you can become a successful gambler.

Picking games before the season is NOT dumb. The only qualifier for making such picks is that you MUST be picking Bills games. The formula is simple: As soon as the schedule comes out, grab a pencil. Then, put an L next to the games you know they'll lose, and a W next to the games you know they'll win. Next, count up your projected wins and losses. Then, subtract four from the number of wins and add that to the loss column. Next subtract two from your loss column and add that to your win column. IF your result is anything other than 7 - 9, you did it wrong.

It's never too early! There are 22 of us who are 4-0 for the season and we predicted the games in May. :nana:

oh and 21 of the 22 have the Bills chalking up another L this week.

Nice!

Apparently there is some sort of pool that I was unaware of. Either way, picking games before the season is dumb. I am 1-3 this year because I predicted a win against the Jets, then a loss in each of the next three. When I say this, I have a feeling a lot of people may agree: I say we come out and surprise everyone this week by playing the 49ers very tough, maybe even taking a late lead. But alas, the Bills have lost two blowouts, we are way overdue for a heartbreaker. So I say Bills play a tough game and lose in agonizing fashion in the last minute or maybe even overtime. As far as the Arizona game, I am really pulling for Arizona to win this week, because if they do, they aint going 6-0 (law of averages) and I'll love the Bills to win in week 6.

And also, dude you started a thread to tell everyone that you're not ready to pick the game for this week, but will be updating your pick later in the week?

Pretty much yes.

Now all week you will be guessing a) when I will update my picks and b) what my picks will be

Jk. Last night I had a late couple of beers. Maybe that has something to do with the topic... It was hot in La, ca yesterday.

Its going to be a close game but the Bills winning is a stretch. Then to go back to the west coast to Arizona right after? The only way we win either game is with a 2 or 3+ in the turnover ratio. The only way we do taht with Fitz at QB is to get a minimum of 5 turnovers on D! Good luck Bills lol

Its going to be a close game but the Bills winning is a stretch. Then to go back to the west coast to Arizona right after? The only way we win either game is with a 2 or 3+ in the turnover ratio. The only way we do taht with Fitz at QB is to get a minimum of 5 turnovers on D! Good luck Bills lol

They are actually staying out west for the week.

Bills vs Jets and Pats are not like any other opponents. I think the next 2 weeks will be

San Fran Win

Arizona Loss

could be flip flopped but i think the Bills rebound in one of these games. Bills are not as bad as they appeared last week, 49ers are not as good.

Picking games before the season is NOT dumb. The only qualifier for making such picks is that you MUST be picking Bills games. The formula is simple: As soon as the schedule comes out, grab a pencil. Then, put an L next to the games you know they'll lose, and a W next to the games you know they'll win. Next, count up your projected wins and losses. Then, subtract four from the number of wins and add that to the loss column. Next subtract two from your loss column and add that to your win column. IF your result is anything other than 7 - 9, you did it wrong.

Hey.. it worked!

Bills vs Jets and Pats are not like any other opponents. I think the next 2 weeks will be

San Fran Win

Arizona Loss

could be flip flopped but i think the Bills rebound in one of these games. Bills are not as bad as they appeared last week, 49ers are not as good.

Wow I have not heard that before.

I am kinda favoring the 1-1 roadtrip so far.

We get a little more insight this thursday.