Who will be the Bills QB next year

You know - we all know - this is true, to an extent. A thought occurred to me today: I was reading a critical report on the Jets, and whether or not Tebow should get his chance yet, on how Sanchez has looked terrible the last two plus games. My reaction? My gut sank for a second. The very same Jets who destroyed Buffalo, whose QB WAY outperformed ours, WILL PROBABLY END UP WITH A WORSE RECORD THAN OURS!!!! THESE JETS MIGHT END UP BEING ABLE TO PICK THEIR GUY BEFORE WE EVEN GET A SHOT!

And, not only those Jets. How many other teams are looking bad and in need of a QB? It's the same old story. The Bills suck, but not enough - in the standings - to ever really get better. HOWEVER - and this is a BIG however - it doesn't mean we still can't get our guy! This is a point that needs to be made very clear throughout this year and into next. Just because other teams end up drafting before us does NOT mean we can't trade up to get the QB we need. We simply cannot let chance and draft status continue to marginalize this team. We've needed a QB for over a decade. If we don't have the spot to get him, then it is time to trade WHATEVER is necessary to get up high enough to get him. PERIOD.

I mean, if we had a really stellar QB - like Griffin III or Luck, or even Bradford - does anyone think we couldn't be an 11-5 team this year? I do. I think with the YOUNG nucleus this team has, and with the depth we've created, that our holes - WR, LB, and QB - can be addressed in other ways than strictly sticking to given slots on draft day. So what if we give up 3 first round picks? How many of ours end up making any real difference, record wise, without that QB? NONE. We can still get starters in the second and third rounds, and we can always pick up a FA WR or LB.

The answer to this is clear. Buddy has assembled a team ready to take on a rookie QB. If we don't get him next year, I certainly will not support another year of Fitzpatrick. I mean, we've know who and what he's capable of for 2 years, and to put an entire season on his shoulders is only excusable if you're doing it to draft his replacement. NO other reason is acceptable to me.

I 100% agree!!!!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skelton

Landry Jones would fit that, nice arm but not good under pressure, could be a good NFL QB but it will take a ton of work on his part.

I don't know how much work he really needs. He's looked fantastic this season and looks like he put in a ton of work in the off season. He's back to the form that made him a highly touted prospect a couple seasons ago. I see him, Geno, and Barkley all going top 10 and we need to get one of them.

I know he lost his job after a big free agent deal to Russell Wilson, but I would still take Matt Flynn if

Seattle was willing to be reasonable.

Thoughts, and who is your pick/guess ?

No Flynn. Enough of other teams' Crap. If G Smith is the Top QB Prospect, then that's who I Want Here. Do whatever you gotta do to bring him to Buffalo! Trade the next 3 drafts for him for all I care. We NEED A FRANCHISE QB!!!

You know - we all know - this is true, to an extent. A thought occurred to me today: I was reading a critical report on the Jets, and whether or not Tebow should get his chance yet, on how Sanchez has looked terrible the last two plus games. My reaction? My gut sank for a second. The very same Jets who destroyed Buffalo, whose QB WAY outperformed ours, WILL PROBABLY END UP WITH A WORSE RECORD THAN OURS!!!! THESE JETS MIGHT END UP BEING ABLE TO PICK THEIR GUY BEFORE WE EVEN GET A SHOT!

And, not only those Jets. How many other teams are looking bad and in need of a QB? It's the same old story. The Bills suck, but not enough - in the standings - to ever really get better. HOWEVER - and this is a BIG however - it doesn't mean we still can't get our guy! This is a point that needs to be made very clear throughout this year and into next. Just because other teams end up drafting before us does NOT mean we can't trade up to get the QB we need. We simply cannot let chance and draft status continue to marginalize this team. We've needed a QB for over a decade. If we don't have the spot to get him, then it is time to trade WHATEVER is necessary to get up high enough to get him. PERIOD.

I mean, if we had a really stellar QB - like Griffin III or Luck, or even Bradford - does anyone think we couldn't be an 11-5 team this year? I do. I think with the YOUNG nucleus this team has, and with the depth we've created, that our holes - WR, LB, and QB - can be addressed in other ways than strictly sticking to given slots on draft day. So what if we give up 3 first round picks? How many of ours end up making any real difference, record wise, without that QB? NONE. We can still get starters in the second and third rounds, and we can always pick up a FA WR or LB.

The answer to this is clear. Buddy has assembled a team ready to take on a rookie QB. If we don't get him next year, I certainly will not support another year of Fitzpatrick. I mean, we've know who and what he's capable of for 2 years, and to put an entire season on his shoulders is only excusable if you're doing it to draft his replacement. NO other reason is acceptable to me.

you're going to be getting crapola in the 2nd and 3rd rounds b/c you're going to be trading away those picks, along with a 1st rounder or two to boot.. the fact that we're tied for 1st in the division and you're going on a rant about our 2013 draft is nuts. how about you wait until the season plays itself out before you trade away the entire draft for a QB. By the way, I like how you mention Luck and RGIII but leave out Cam Newton...all the rage here last year was how Cam Newton was the second coming of Jesus Christ. What's their record this year? They have a "young nucleus" of talent too and fat chance they're going 11-5 anytime soon.

and for the 100th time, everyone who points out to the success of Stevie, Chandler, the O-line, Nelson (when not injured), "the young nucleus", etc while at the same time crucifying Fitz is really being unfare. Of course they deserve credit for solid production but their play doesn't occur in vacuum. Chandler and Stevie were nobodies before coming to buffalo and hooking up with Fitzpatrick. Kudos to them for picking up their game, and kudos to fitz as well.

At this rate Geno will be the #1 overall pick.. we'll have to be pretty bad to get that

maybe the Panthers can draft Geno as well, and then they'll have two super duper QB's that are both better than Fitz..and then in 2014 they can pick top 3 again and draft another QB so they can have 3 super duper QB's on their roster that are better than Fitz..and then in 2015... :death:

Tyler Wilson, 6-3/220

Arkansas

From WalterFootball:

Skill-Set Summary: Wilson has the look of an NFL quarterback. He stands tall in the pocket and reads defenses well. The decision-making he displayed as a junior was very impressive.

Wilson has a strong arm and is an accurate passer. He showed the ability last season to push the ball outside the numbers and move the ball down the field with precision passes. With his size, arm and intellect, the Arkansas signal-caller will most likely be viewed as a possible safe pick to scouts.

While Wilson is a pocket passer, he is not a complete statue. He can move around to buy himself time and take advantage of openings with his legs. It is clear that Wilson is not a running quarterback who will rack up big rushing totals. However, he has enough athleticism to keep a defense honest and avoid some sacks with his legs.

For the NFL, Wilson could help himself by throwing the deep ball well in 2012 and showing the intangibles to elevate his game in crunch time. His stock would also receive a nice boost if he plays well against the elite defenses on his schedule.

you're going to be getting crapola in the 2nd and 3rd rounds b/c you're going to be trading away those picks, along with a 1st rounder or two to boot.. the fact that we're tied for 1st in the division and you're going on a rant about our 2013 draft is nuts. how about you wait until the season plays itself out before you trade away the entire draft for a QB. By the way, I like how you mention Luck and RGIII but leave out Cam Newton...all the rage here last year was how Cam Newton was the second coming of Jesus Christ. What's their record this year? They have a "young nucleus" of talent too and fat chance they're going 11-5 anytime soon.

and for the 100th time, everyone who points out to the success of Stevie, Chandler, the O-line, Nelson (when not injured), "the young nucleus", etc while at the same time crucifying Fitz is really being unfare. Of course they deserve credit for solid production but their play doesn't occur in vacuum. Chandler and Stevie were nobodies before coming to buffalo and hooking up with Fitzpatrick. Kudos to them for picking up their game, and kudos to fitz as well.

maybe the Panthers can draft Geno as well, and then they'll have two super duper QB's that are both better than Fitz..and then in 2014 they can pick top 3 again and draft another QB so they can have 3 super duper QB's on their roster that are better than Fitz..and then in 2015... :death:

Imagine their numbers if we had a starting calibre NFL QB.

I didn't exclude Cam Newton on purpose. I express my opinions here about this Buffalo Bills team - but they're only my opinions. It is my opinion that even if Buffalo's defense turns into a very good unit, and if we're healthy and make the playoffs, we'll NEVER get to where we want to be with Fitzpatrick as our QB. HE IS JUST TOO LIMITED IN WHAT HE'S CAPABLE OF DOING! Other teams know how to play him, and it is only on account of Gailey's creative play calling and Spiller's will-power that Buffalo has won any games this year at all. I believe Tarvaris Jackson would play better than Fitz. I believe Dalton, Skelton, McCoy - many QB's would be capable of outperforming him, given the right amount of preparation in the system. Fitz is what is keeping this team down MORE THAN ANY OTHER PLAYER (coaching and ownership is another story), and QB is the most important position in the NFL! Face it - you can't be a great team without a very good QB, and you aren't going to find one in the later rounds unless you're exceptionally lucky - it can happen once in a blue moon - or, in FA, again, except once in maybe 4-5 years one comes available. Buffalo has tried to throw anyone in there - has tried to get away with NOT going aggressively after a top, 1st round QB, and it has caught up to them. That is my opinion.

Before I get crucified for mentioning the Jets/Sanchez (I DO NOT WANT SANCHEZ).. I loved the Jets model for building their team. They took care of the DL/OL etc etc and then put a rookie QB (sanchez) in and were pretty successful right away without the running game we have at the moment. In my eyes the Bills have been doing that in some sense since Nix got here and this coming draft could and hopefully should produce our QB for next year and beyond. Let's just hope that in the top 2, a team like the Rams of this year lands the pick and is willing to trade out and not two QB hungry teams. Of course #2 pick could be anywhere in top 10 but I just used it as a reference for when Qb's went this past draft.

I know he lost his job after a big free agent deal to Russell Wilson, but I would still take Matt Flynn if

Seattle was willing to be reasonable.

Thoughts, and who is your pick/guess ?

He would be better than Fitz but don't see him as elite either. It will still be Fitz but hopefully we draft a couple of QBs over the next few years

Before I get crucified for mentioning the Jets/Sanchez (I DO NOT WANT SANCHEZ).. I loved the Jets model for building their team. They took care of the DL/OL etc etc and then put a rookie QB (sanchez) in and were pretty successful right away without the running game we have at the moment. In my eyes the Bills have been doing that in some sense since Nix got here and this coming draft could and hopefully should produce our QB for next year and beyond. Let's just hope that in the top 2, a team like the Rams of this year lands the pick and is willing to trade out and not two QB hungry teams. Of course #2 pick could be anywhere in top 10 but I just used it as a reference for when Qb's went this past draft.

I get what you mean and I think you're right. The Jets appared to do everything right, except that Sanchize and Green have been disappointments; neither has developed much beyond what they showed as rookies. If Sanchize was even a marginal top 10 QB, the Jets would have been in the Super Bowl hunt the past 3-4 years.

But aside from finding the QB, you need to find other dominant players among your top picks. The Jets have done this (i.e., Mangold, Revis), but I fear the Bills have not. While they seem to be drafting better the past few years after a decade of horror shows, they still have not been able to find anyone that you can point to as a real game changer. And that's going to continue to hold them back, even if they find the right QB.

Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the starting QB next year. Buffalo won't have a high enough pick to select anyone developed enough to be given the keys to the car in their first year.

Well, Ponder started and Dalton started as 2nd rounders. I am not saying they are the norm, but I am not saying they are the exception, either.

We very well could find a QB in the 1st or 2nd round who could start...now, it is just getting Chix to have the fortitude and pull the trigger.

If I were a betting man I wouldn't put much money on him, but I'm still holding out hope that Fitz's recent accuracy problems (he's never been the most accurate, but he's never been this bad either) are largely attributable to his mechanics work and that he gets it together over the next few games. If so we should be solid down the stretch.

I still would like a top rookie QB taken in the draft either way. If Fitz does get it together, the rookie will probably sit behind him next year. If not, he probably gets traded & TJ & the rookie compete for the starting job next year.

Imagine their numbers if we had a starting calibre NFL QB.

Exactly...

Some folks still, somehow, seem have it ass backwards around here. Despite what they have obviously seen with their own two eyes...It never ceases to amaze me... B-)

whoa! rant much? your blind love for fitz is amazing. watch the games and you will see why 90% of the posters or higher rail on Fitz so much. The OL gives him all day and he throws wobbler after wobbler(you have seen this right?). Cam Newton by the way is still light years better than Fitz, I guess you assume you can kick dirt on him due to the slow start by the Panthers who have no running game and just lost their center.

pull up Chandler's numbers with Romo and you'll see. Wait, I'll do it for you: 9 games, 0 yards, 0 TD.

NO WAY! The 4th string TE got no catches while playing never? I guess that settles it Fitz>Romo. If you are related to Fitz just say it so at least we know why you say these crazy things. This Chandler/Fitz/Romo equation means less than zero. Brutal post man.

pull up Chandler's numbers with Romo and you'll see. Wait, I'll do it for you: 9 games, 0 yards, 0 TD.

Probably one of the most ridiculous posts I have seen in a few days...

So you are saying that somehow, playing as the 3rd/4th string TE in Dallas and not making a catch, means that Chandler sucks and Fitz is good?

You have strange logic paths my friend

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Ryan Fitzpatrick. The Bills will have a draft pick anywhere between 10-20 and the past few drafts have shown if there are 2 or 3 legitimate QB's teams will trade up (just not us). We'll take a guy in the second with a rocket arm and hope that he can develop mentally behind Fitzy.

NO WAY! The 4th string TE got no catches while playing never? I guess that settles it Fitz>Romo. If you are related to Fitz just say it so at least we know why you say these crazy things. This Chandler/Fitz/Romo equation means less than zero. Brutal post man.

Probably one of the most ridiculous posts I have seen in a few days...

So you are saying that somehow, playing as the 3rd/4th string TE in Dallas and not making a catch, means that Chandler sucks and Fitz is good?

You have strange logic paths my friend

Do you even have any idea how uninformed that post is? :doh:

No response needed. Thanks for looking that up for me. LOL