I'm betting Mr. Wilson made a phone call this morning

interesting that you can see building a stadium and financially supporting a team (that has almost exclusive use of that stadium) as two separate and distinct entities but not see being a fan of a team and supporting its owner that way.

"those statements don't really seem in concert with each other".

Again, really simple: team leaves, stadium stays...Erie County still owns it.

Two different things.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, really simple: team leaves, stadium stays...Erie County still owns it.

Two different things.

a

and it's then nearly worthless....ya think they can convert it into a nascar track? attract the stones to come back and play there? in a strictly legal sense, you are correct and erie county and ny state legislators made a bad bet on wilson all those years ago.. in taking the measure of a man who regularly shows contempt for his patrons, you are not.

Edited by birdog1960

How quickly we forget some basic facts:

1) No one of any caliber wants to work for RW in the FO or the coaching staff

2) No proven, high-quality players want to come here unless handed insane amounts of money (MWilliams)

3) No up-and-coming players want to come here mainly due to ownership uncertainty, FO, and coaching issues

So...let's recap. This team will not change as long as RW owns the Bills. Only after the team changes hands and its long-term residency in BUF is nailed down will high-quality FO and superstar player talent consider coming here.

My best advice...find something else to do on Sunday until further notice. Have the radio in the background if you must, but for god's sake dont spend 3.5 hrs actually watching this mess of a team.

I wish he would make a phone call to sell the team. I am not wishing the man any ill will. Until we have an owner that demands winning (don't give me the he spent this amount) The Bills will continually be stuck as a below 500 team.

2) No proven, high-quality players want to come here unless handed insane amounts of money (MWilliams)

3) No up-and-coming players want to come here mainly due to ownership uncertainty, FO, and coaching issues

So...let's recap. This team will not change as long as RW owns the Bills. Only after the team changes hands and its long-term residency in BUF is nailed down will high-quality FO and superstar player talent consider coming here.

My best advice...find something else to do on Sunday until further notice. Have the radio in the background if you must, but for god's sake dont spend 3.5 hrs actually watching this mess of a team.

The brilliance of this post will be lost on most. But he/she is 100% correct.

WOW! YES. FACT!!

Edited by Cville Bills

what a bunch of crap.....you have a funny way of looking at things.

first of all, there is very little in life that is better than watching an NFL game.....it is pure enjoyment, even if it comes with the hurt of a loss. the entertainment value is off the charts. even afterwards, it is fun playing monday morning qb, coach and gm.

as far as your other comments..." No one of any caliber wants to work for RW in the FO or the coaching staff".....who exactly are you referring too ?....coaches like cowher, gruden, billick, schottenheimer(s) and a host of others are still looking......parcells is retired......shanahan (leader of dead money) is over rated.

as far as your comment "No proven, high-quality players want to come here unless handed insane amounts of money (MWilliams)".......thats true for almost all NFL franchises (maybe excepting new england), most athletes do NOT give a home town discount. their careers are too short.

as far as your comment " No up-and-coming players want to come here mainly due to ownership uncertainty, FO, and coaching issues".......again, they follow the money first and foremost, the #2 biggest reason most athletes want to go to a team, is to have a legitimate chance of winning the super bowl. but #1 usually trumps #2, unless its very close. name me ten athletes who said i signed with the team because of the owner or coach.

I totally agree with your post with the exception of the last sentence. I still will put myself through the misery of watching the Bills every sunday, why? I don't know-why does a bird fly out in the rain when he knows he is going to get wet? But the rest of your post is not only spot on, it is quite obvious to anyone with common sense. Edited by BuffBill

a

and it's then nearly worthless....ya think they can convert it into a nascar track? attract the stones to come back and play there? in a strictly legal sense, you are correct and erie county and ny state legislators made a bad bet on wilson all those years ago.. in taking the measure of a man who regularly shows contempt for his patrons, you are not.

I'm curious...does contempt for his fans include:

- doling out huge money to Mario Williams?

- finally hiring a personnel guy to run the football side of things?

- Maintaining the lowest ticket (and parking) prices in the NFL?

Again I say (and for the last time in this thread) that you seem to be confusing apparent ineptitude with contempt.

But you view it however it makes you feel justified...apparently you'll use just about anything as ammo for character assassination, whereas I think it's much simpler than that:

Wilson just makes poor football decisions.

Then your guess would be completely wrong.

Ralph may not be getting around well, and he's certainly not articulating himself like a 30-year-old man, but he's just as sound and sharp of mind as ever.

You don't have to like him, but he's not some clueless old codger like many here pretend.

Very sharp, he's up on the current NFL alright. That's why We got Buddy and Chan here. What a great team. What's their winning record again? How many playoff games have these guys won? I forgot now. Time for my nap...

Uh, no, and it's not what I said.

In your example, it's your fault if he food sucks. It's MY fault if I go there, hate the food, but keep going back and complaining about the food, even though I know what I'm in for, simply because I used to like the place.

Get it now?

Let me alter my story a bit. Let's say I'm the only restaurant for miles and miles and you just love getting out to eat. It's a passion of yours. Your hope and dream that one of these nights I'm finally going to care about you and put great meal on the table like I used to. But no, it's **** again. So this is still your fault?

Let me alter my story a bit. Let's say I'm the only restaurant for miles and miles and you just love getting out to eat. It's a passion of yours. Your hope and dream that one of these nights I'm finally going to care about you and put great meal on the table like I used to. But no, it's **** again. So this is still your fault?

If it were me, and I really cared about going out to eat that much, I'd look at the following options:

- Speaking to the owner about the state of the restaurant

- Driving out of town to go out to eat

- Learning to cook restaurant-quality food for myself and my family

In the end, however, if I continue to go to the restaurant, knowing that the quality is sub-par, but also continue to expect things to change, I suppose I have nobody to blame but myself for being continuously disappointed. I have a choice to go there or not; I am always welcome to find a new passion. People do it all the time.

Very sharp, he's up on the current NFL alright. That's why We got Buddy and Chan here. What a great team. What's their winning record again? How many playoff games have these guys won? I forgot now. Time for my nap...

Yet another guy who can't seem to decipher between whether his mental accuity is declining and the quality of his long-term football-related decisions.

I have said many times in this thread that his football decisions have been poor for quite some time; that doesn't mean he's any less sound of mind than he's been for the last 30 years.

Honestly, is this that difficult for people to understand?

I wish calling was the case....but sadly Mr Wilson seems to be too ill to make real

team decisions. I am sure Jeff Littman, and Russ Brandon are running the show right now.

Like when you are redy to sell a home, you might not want to throw a ton of money

into it before you start taking bids.

I think the family has asked those in charge to keep an eye on spending.

That's just my opinion.

Signing Mario Williams is probably going to be the last big signing we are

going to see for a while.

Saying that....I hope Mr Wilson nothing but the best of health.

...snipped for brevity only...

Listen, I love the team too, and witnessing the Bills winning a Superbowl would be a dream come true...I simply choose not to let my life be ruined when they lose--even to New England, by 24 points, at home.

By the looks of this thread, that puts me in the minority...I'm okay with that.

You are not alone. Bills fans = Charlie Brown :bag:

Edited by rockpile

If it were me, and I really cared about going out to eat that much, I'd look at the following options:

In the end, however, if I continue to go to the restaurant, knowing that the quality is sub-par, but also continue to expect things to change, I suppose I have nobody to blame but myself for being continuously disappointed. I have a choice to go there or not; I am always welcome to find a new passion. People do it all the time.

Yet another guy who can't seem to decipher between whether his mental accuity is declining and the quality of his long-term football-related decisions.

I have said many times in this thread that his football decisions have been poor for quite some time; that doesn't mean he's any less sound of mind than he's been for the last 30 years.

Honestly, is this that difficult for people to understand?

Yes I'm 95. It's very hard for me to decipher

Yes I'm 95. It's very hard for me to decipher

All ignorrant comments aside, perhaps you should try diet and exercise...my grandfather is 91, solves sudoku puzzles faster than most 30-year-olds, and can practically bench press a truck (not to mention he's a cancer survivor).

I'm curious...does contempt for his fans include:

- doling out huge money to Mario Williams?

- finally hiring a personnel guy to run the football side of things?

- Maintaining the lowest ticket (and parking) prices in the NFL?

Again I say (and for the last time in this thread) that you seem to be confusing apparent ineptitude with contempt.

But you view it however it makes you feel justified...apparently you'll use just about anything as ammo for character assassination, whereas I think it's much simpler than that:

Wilson just makes poor football decisions.

and not disclosing his future plans for the team to his long suffering fans...is that a football decision?

Is it the bills/Ralph or the Area/Buffalo thats the problem cause theres a hockey team in Buffalo that has these exact same issues when it comes to attracting players (Can't compare about the front office/coach situation cause the Sabres haven't changed that since the Bills were in the Playoffs)

what a bunch of crap.....you have a funny way of looking at things.

first of all, there is very little in life that is better than watching an NFL game.....it is pure enjoyment, even if it comes with the hurt of a loss. the entertainment value is off the charts. even afterwards, it is fun playing monday morning qb, coach and gm.

You need to get out more if you think there is "very little in life" that is better than watching an NFL game. :huh:

Your three points are exactly what you should do regarding my restaurant. Here's where your comparison falls apart when put to the current situation with the Bills.

1. So you're saying that no one has called, emailed, faxed or sent a letter to the editor addressed to Mr. Wilson in the past 10 plus years this team has sucked?

2. So you're suggesting that people in WNY drive to Pittsburg, Philadelphia or New York where REAL football is played?

3. So your suggesting that the people of WNY start there own league?

See how silly that sounds in the context of the Bills fans of WNY? Now I have not read all your posts here but have you not laid any of this crap at the feet of Mr. Wilson? Sure if the team sucks and people still throw money at them they are partly to blame but what about the people that are promised every damn year that this team will be better. We're going to the playoffs etc etc and go out and buy season's tickets based on that hype. Sure we're only four games in but what I've seen has been pretty crappy. The defense that was hyped this off season has sucked wind this year. The defense that was created for one reason and one reason only to stop Brady and the Pats had 52 points put up on it. An offense led by Fitzpatrick?? Really??? That is why I have not bought into the off season hype for a long time. I truly feel sorry for the fans of WNY and I'm glad I've lived in CA for 30 years and really don't care that much any more.

Edited by Chef Jim

Is it the bills/Ralph or the Area/Buffalo thats the problem cause theres a hockey team in Buffalo that has these exact same issues when it comes to attracting players (Can't compare about the front office/coach situation cause the Sabres haven't changed that since the Bills were in the Playoffs)

I disagree. The sabres have genuine optimism (not including the lockout) around them and the fans are confident that winning is the priority and they have been able to sign free agents.