Fitzpatrick Bottom 5 QB in NFL

Boludo

He is on track to lead the NFL in interceptions for back to back seasons. He has reached his potential and has no upside. He has stretches of competency but has a tendency to make bad plays in the big moments.

Who could potentially be thought of as having a worse QB situation that the Bills?

Weeden - He looks bad so far, is tied with Fitz with 7 picks, is already 28 years old as a rookie, and generally seems in over his head.

Sanchez - I'm not sure when exactly the Jets will finally admit he's a bust and move on, but they eventually will and Sanchez will then hold on to a backup QB job for a couple more years before being bounced from the league for good.

Bradford - He has never had a solid group of receivers to work with, but he has had plenty of time to show improvement and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Honorable Mention: Jake Locker, Ryan Tannehill, Michael Vick

No matter how you slice it, Fitzpatrick is undeniably one of the worst QBs in this league.

It's hard to take the Bills seriously as any sort of legitimate threat with a QB situations like this. The QB situation has been bleak since Bledsoe.

Nonetheless there has been no emphasis for a decade in the draft or in free agency to bring in a top flight QB.

Draft a QB every single year in the early rounds until you find someone! Everything else is secondary.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good, right? Having as many ints as tds?

he doesnt...... currently ryan fitzpatrick is outplaying drew brees....

on pace for 48tds and 28ints...... That wouldnt be too bad but that is the gunslinger mentality. We had two banged up rbs today, forced us to throw too much. our offense is fine we need a better effort from the defense

He is on track to lead the NFL in interceptions for back to back seasons. He has reached his potential and has no upside. He has stretches of competency but has a tendency to make bad plays in the big moments.

Who could potentially be thought of as having a worse QB situation that the Bills?

Weeden - He looks bad so far, is tied with Fitz with 7 picks, is already 28 years old as a rookie, and generally seems in over his head.

Sanchez - I'm not sure when exactly the Jets will finally admit he's a bust and move on, but they eventually will and Sanchez will then hold on to a backup QB job for a couple more years before being bounced from the league for good.

Bradford - He has never had a solid group of receivers to work with, but he has had plenty of time to show improvement and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

No matter how you slice it, Fitzpatrick is undeniably one of the worst QBs in this league.

It's hard to take the Bills seriously as any sort of legitimate threat with a QB situations like this. The QB situation has been bleak since Bledsoe.

Nonetheless there has been no emphasis for a decade in the draft or in free agency to bring in a top flight QB.

Draft a QB every single year in the early rounds until you find someone! Everything else is secondary.

Hey Miami has the second best QB in the division, For a rookie he's doing well on a bad team and we would be lucky to have him and should have traded up to get him. Flip those overtime losses and they are 3 - 1 leading the division.

on pace for 48tds and 28ints...... That wouldnt be too bad but that is the gunslinger mentality. We had two banged up rbs today, forced us to throw too much. our offense is fine we need a better effort from the defense

lets trade for Brees strait up! :doh:

I think Weeden looks great. If he had WRs that were capable of the receiving part, Cleveland would have torched us.

It's kind of hard to say the guy who has been leading the league in TD passes ... oh ... all season long, can be in the bottom 5.

Totally agree he needs to stop the stupid INTs.

What's more important is that our "Defense" stops giving up 600 yards of offense to opponents.

I don't think Fitz will ever be even in the top 10. But to say bottom 5 simply doesn't make sense to me. I bet you weren't thinking that when we were up 21-7 at halftime yesterday.

Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't let the Patriots score 7 TDs. Nor did he allow 3 or 4 drives of 80+ yards that yeilded TDs. Nor did he fumble the ball twice, once taking imminent points off the board.

He sucked yesterday ... no doubt ... but that loss falls SQUARELY on the defense.

I disagree. Fitz just doesn't have the consistent accuracy to be an effective starter in this league. I may not be done as a Bills fan, but my expectations are until they find a real QB.

I think Weeden looks great. If he had WRs that were capable of the receiving part, Cleveland would have torched us.

It's kind of hard to say the guy who has been leading the league in TD passes ... oh ... all season long, can be in the bottom 5.

Totally agree he needs to stop the stupid INTs.

What's more important is that our "Defense" stops giving up 600 yards of offense to opponents.

I don't think Fitz will ever be even in the top 10. But to say bottom 5 simply doesn't make sense to me. I bet you weren't thinking that when we were up 21-7 at halftime yesterday.

Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't let the Patriots score 7 TDs. Nor did he allow 3 or 4 drives of 80+ yards that yeilded TDs. Nor did he fumble the ball twice, once taking imminent points off the board.

He sucked yesterday ... no doubt ... but that loss falls SQUARELY on the defense.

Agree 100% with this post.

To say that the league leader in TD's is in the bottom 5 for QB's in the NFL is laughable. Yes, he has a lot of INT's, and that's why he's not an elite/very good QB. But bottom 5? That just shows how jaded your post is. If he continues to perform at this rate - INT's included - he'll be a top 12 QB in this league this year statistically speaking.

How about the rest of the team show up?

How many sacks does Mario have? How many TD's did spiller fred score yesterday? How many turnovers did Fred/Spiller have yesterday? How many stops did hte defense have in the 2nd half? The defense was an abomination yesterday - a complete and utter joke. The patriots tied offensive records yesterday and people loooooove reverting back to Fitz.

The fact is, we still don't have a defense. When a good team with a good QB throws an interception, most often that does not mean an automatic touchdown for the other team like it does with the Bills.

We need to be able to prevent other teams from scoring 50 points.

Currently, Fitz is 23rd in Comp %, tied for 1st (aka worst) in Interceptions, and 1st in TDs. He is 12th in YPA which is actually pretty surprising, and 16th in passer rating which I don't put much stock in. I don't see much of a reason to rank him in the bottom 5. It is true that I'd rather have some of the people below him (ex: Andrew Luck), but that is due to "potential" not current performance.

Looking at the NFL QBs list, I have the following players as obviously better than Fitz now: Ryan, Roethlisberger, Schaub, RG3, Dalton, Brady, P.Manning, Flacco, Rodgers, E. Manning, Rivers, Romo, Newton, Brees.

In the "probably better" category I have: A.Smith, Ponder, Kolb, Stafford.

In the "higher potential" category: Locker, Bradford, R. Wilson, R. Tannehill, Luck. These players are not necessarily better than Fitz today but have a good chance to exceed him in the future. At least one of this group will bust most likely.

That leaves the following at the same level as Fitz: Carson Palmer, Michael Vick.

And below Fitz: Gabbert, Freeman, Cassel, Sanchez, Cutler, B. Weeden (could improve).

So, I can see an argument for "Bottom 10" QB, but not "Bottom 5". I also can see a weak argument for "19th best" which is where he is paid... if you only consider the "probably" and "obviously" better QBs.

Fitz is clearly smarter than all of us.

He throws a couple pics to let the other team get a huge lead, then throws a bunch of TDs against the backups to make him statistically look 100x better than he really is.

That wasnt true of this game, but it has been in many of the games.

PS, as schitty as Fitz has been, he is the 4th highest scoring PLAYER in my fantasy league. So I picked him up!

guys...... seriously, wake up..... it doesn't matter. Saints are 0-4.... they lost to KC..... They have Drew Brees. It DOES NOT MATTER who our QB is if we allow opposing offenses to do what they please.

Edited by markgbe

I used to be a Fitz fan, but I think I'm done. I like his short game, and his competitiveness. In fact, I'd love him if our defense could hold other teams to less than 20 points, and our running game were at all consistent, but neither is going to happen.

That being said, I don't think the guys behind him are any better, so we're basically stuck with him until we can draft a new guy (the next Trent Edwards/JP Losman, most likely).

Its an accuracy thing with Fitz. His pocket presence, buying a little time in the pocket, knowing when to tuck it and run are pretty good this year.

His accuracy is off, and has been all season. I respect that coach Lee and Fitz are focusing on better mechanics for better ball delivery but I'm not convinced it's enough. I think accuracy is god given, you either have the touch or you don't, and all the practice in the world can only get you marginally better.

He really needs to be able to hit that throw to an open TJ Graham instead of underthrowing him and getting intercepted, and hit a wide open Stevie Johnson down the sideline in the 4th quarter. These aren't impossible throws, they're pro QB ones.

Hard to believe the same guy that missed those throws threw that perfect long ball to Freddy.

We need Fitz's brain and legs on an accurate passer's arm.....

Well, I am not soooo pesimistic as the group here. Of the four ints yesterday, the first was a deflection, def line hit it, and it turned into a floater. The last two were already after the game was out of hand, and he force the throws to make something happen. So, the INT's don't bother me so much...one bad one in my view. However, his long throws were off all day, and that is the source of my discontent with Fitz for yesterday, not the stat line. He also made some great throws to Chandler and Fred. He may not be top, but he is not bottom either.

Blasphemy!!! How dare you be critical of Fitz beardo!!!

The Bills need a change at QB, and work on getting a QB for the future.

Wannaclue - was it his scheme of the LOUSY tackling?

Did the Ref's screw the Bills again? Brady gets a below the knee flag, Fitz didn't. Was it Scott Chandler who nearly got his helmet yanked off? Where was the Flag?

Brady's knee was down (not that it mattered) so Hey lets give them an easier 6 points!

BRING BACK THE SCABS

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever