Wannstedt needs to be fired

FireChan

I don't think Wanny should be fired, yet. But if they show one more shot of him on his cozy booth sitting on his ass then I'm going explode. He needs to be at field level. He needs to be there to fire up his players and get in their faces if necessary.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dallas defense he coached was LOADED with talent. Lot's of high draft picks from Dallas sucking prior, and the Herschel Walker trade. He has always been overrated

If I were Nix, I'd sign Herschel Walker and then trade him to Minnesota.

Git'r'done, Buddy!

where in the world is the blitz on Brady or any QB for that matter. and as much as i like fitzy we def need a legit QB to get those open WR a ball down field. no deep threat and no blitz equal no playoffs. I think we have the def people but the play call stinks. on offense we have some good players but Fitz clearly hasn't got the arm to get the ball to em.

I know we all know this on here but I just had to add my 2pense.

You like a QB that can't hit wide open WR's and throws horrible picks time and time and time and time and time again? How can anyone say they "like" Fitzpuketrick after this game? What damn good would a deep threat be? TJ was open on a go route- fitz underthrows it and it is picked.

Edited by Azucho98

I think the only three Bills fans who don't want to see an aggressive, attacking defense is Nix, Gailey, and Wannstadt.

Every team that has beaten the Patriots over the last decade have collapsed the pocket around Brady. And it's hard to miss this, because two of those loses came in the Super Bowl.

So what the hell was the gameplan for this game? Nickel and Dime packages with 2 deep coverages? Seriously?

Wanny should be fired for this performance. I really do not think this is an overreaction. It was that bad.

I watched the game at a sports bar with no sound for the game. Did Wanny switch the defense alignment for the second half? I saw Scott a lot in the second half and the Patriots ran the ball very effectively. If yes, why didn't he switch back to the base defense after the first series of the second half?

Wanny should be fired for this performance. I really do not think this is an overreaction. It was that bad.

I watched the game at a sports bar with no sound for the game. Did Wanny switch the defense alignment for the second half? I saw Scott a lot in the second half and the Patriots ran the ball very effectively. If yes, why didn't he switch back to the base defense after the first series of the second half?

He did not. They played the same bullschidt nickel the entire game. Not sure why he gets a paycheck honestly.

If I were Nix, I'd sign Herschel Walker and then trade him to Minnesota.

Git'r'done, Buddy!

Yeah, but the League wouldn't let the Bills do something like that. Only a new, uber wealthy and aggressive owner of most popular team (that had been failing for years prior) in the country would be allowed to make that trade.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I don't consider myself to be "knee-jerk", and I agree. The Pats were setting records out there.

If I had to hear 43 is the Mike once more, I was going to pull my hair out. That was followed up by a 9-15 yard run. Got the small guys in, run it down there throat... leave the smalls in all game... get it run down your throat all game.

We've got problems. Man! It's hard to be a Bills fan. I was telling my son, the only solace to take from a loss like this is that it identifies weaknesses, so that those weaknesses can be eliminated, and the team gets stronger. That is what losing should do - toughen a team. HOWEVER, here in Buffalo, losses lead to excuses, and history repeats itself, which in our case is losing, losing, losing.

Wannstedt has been given a defensive group - that if another handful of D.C.'s around the league had, would definitely be in the top 5. I mean, I've said it before, to mixed reviews, but I believe it - there are guys who walk in to teams, and do it over and over, with totally mediocre talents being inherited, and put top 10 defenses on the field. It's about fundamentals, it's about strategy. The players need to know how to tackle, they need to be in shape enough to play hard, and the plays need to give them the ability to compete. I saw players get gassed, and I saw a LOT of plays that shouldn't have been called on defense.

Truth be told, the Bills are PREDICTABLE. They're predictable on offense and defense. That is why a Bills offense that is ranked in the top 10 in the NFL gets it handed to them by a defense that is statistically "mediocre" - it's because the Pats know what the Bills are going to do, and they also know what we are capable of doing.

This season must end in us aquiring a new QB. And, if Wannstedt cannot adapt, I'd say he shouldn't be given yet another offseason of player aquisition while the offense is mostly, yet again, ignored.

Wanny is still living off his Dallas superbowl victories from 2 decades ago. Mario is a bust.. I would cut him now and take the salary hit. Bench Fitzy & start Jackson.. We need a legit NFL QB. EJ Manual should be the pick.. and grab a young agreesive Densive minded coach.. Same old, same old.

You're kidding, right? I watch Manuel every week as a Noles fan. He is a fast runner but not an NFL passer by any stretch. Oh and how many bad weather games has he ever played?

We've got problems. Man! It's hard to be a Bills fan. I was telling my son, the only solace to take from a loss like this is that it identifies weaknesses, so that those weaknesses can be eliminated, and the team gets stronger. That is what losing should do - toughen a team. HOWEVER, here in Buffalo, losses lead to excuses, and history repeats itself, which in our case is losing, losing, losing.

Wannstedt has been given a defensive group - that if another handful of D.C.'s around the league had, would definitely be in the top 5. I mean, I've said it before, to mixed reviews, but I believe it - there are guys who walk in to teams, and do it over and over, with totally mediocre talents being inherited, and put top 10 defenses on the field. It's about fundamentals, it's about strategy. The players need to know how to tackle, they need to be in shape enough to play hard, and the plays need to give them the ability to compete. I saw players get gassed, and I saw a LOT of plays that shouldn't have been called on defense.

Truth be told, the Bills are PREDICTABLE. They're predictable on offense and defense. That is why a Bills offense that is ranked in the top 10 in the NFL gets it handed to them by a defense that is statistically "mediocre" - it's because the Pats know what the Bills are going to do, and they also know what we are capable of doing.

This season must end in us aquiring a new QB. And, if Wannstedt cannot adapt, I'd say he shouldn't be given yet another offseason of player aquisition while the offense is mostly, yet again, ignored.

I agree with everything here, but to say that players were gassed seems a bit much. They were on the field all day. I think the conditioning is fine, but everything else...not fine. They have enough talent to work with, but it's not happening for some reason and I gotta look at the coaching at this point.

I agree with everything here, but to say that players were gassed seems a bit much. They were on the field all day. I think the conditioning is fine, but everything else...not fine. They have enough talent to work with, but it's not happening for some reason and I gotta look at the coaching at this point.

Yep. The defensive gameplan worked well enough in the first half and not at all in the second half. The lack of adjustment is all on Wannstedt.

Lets look at Jets & Pats

in preseason jets dont score more than 12pts

scores 48 against wanny

then scores 10, 23 & 0 today

Pats

score 34, 18, 30 then 52 on wanny....its disgusting

247yrds rushing,,,,,,vs wanny

34 yrd vs ravens

28 yrds rushing vs cardinals

162 yrds rushing vs titans

I guess the only way there will be any change is when the stands look like death valley. When it starts to hurt their pocket books, then they run out and "buy" a guy that excites the Bills faithful and every one of us is suddenly pumped up. The stands are filled, and then it's the same old s*** all over again. I don't have an answer but it's getting pretty damn depressing watching the Bills get smoked by the Pats as bad as they did today.