WOW! CJ Spiller practices and expects to play

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago I had a similar injury ("sprung" AC joint) from an outfield collision. I later hit a home run during the game although I could not raise my arm above chest high. Point is that there are probably some arm motions that are not a problem while others might be impossible. Just a theory but it could explain how he could be practicing and thinking he could play.

It would be nice if both Spiller and Jackson were both announced to the crowd during pregame introductions.

Hate to say it but I thought he was over reacting to the injury in the first place. I'm not all that surprised he's back sooner than later. It's nfl football, everybody has something. Got to play thru it whenever possible.

Can't say that he was over reacting because u don't know for sure how much pain he was in...I'm sure if he was able to play that he most certainly would have, especially when he was leading the league at rushing at the time of the injury....stingers happen

Hate to say it but I thought he was over reacting to the injury in the first place. I'm not all that surprised he's back sooner than later. It's nfl football, everybody has something. Got to play thru it whenever possible.

How could you possibly know how much pain was involved? How do you know what the team officials told him to do when they were looking at him out on the field? Where are you getting some kind of authority about how he should react?

How could you possibly know how much pain was involved? How do you know what the team officials told him to do when they were looking at him out on the field? Where are you getting some kind of authority about how he should react?

How can you? We're both just offering opinions

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

How can you? We're both just offering opinions

I'm with you Joe. I felt the same way. The play didn't look very bad. He got hit an fell on his shoulder....a play that happens all the time. It didn't look (to me anyway) like he hit the ground extremely hard or awkwardly. As a bills fan, I figured he broke his collarbone, because injuries always ruin our seasons. But the play itself, didn't look very devastating. It's a shoulder sprain. I expect him to play on Sunday. And play well.

Go bills!!!

I'm with you Joe. I felt the same way. The play didn't look very bad. He got hit an fell on his shoulder....a play that happens all the time. It didn't look (to me anyway) like he hit the ground extremely hard or awkwardly. As a bills fan, I figured he broke his collarbone, because injuries always ruin our seasons. But the play itself, didn't look very devastating. It's a shoulder sprain. I expect him to play on Sunday. And play well.

Go bills!!!

I think it was the defender landing on him with the full weight of his body while CJ was in a vulnerable position that did the deed.

Pain's funny. I've broken a hand & rib, and while both hurt neither was close to the pain from landing on my arm after tripping over an engine at the junk yard. I almost threw up from the pain, & trying to extend for the x-ray was excruciating, but it turned out there was no break & two weeks later I was fine. Sometimes minor injuries hurt more than the major ones.

You are criticizing him, therefore you are making a judgement of the injury's severity and Spiller's courage. I'm not making a judgement.

Yeah and it sounds like you're defending him so you are making judgement. And if you back off that then you're still making judgement that I'm not in a position to have an opinion. Most of the posts on this board are people offering opinions, a primary use of message boards. Telling people they have no right to have one is pointless and contradictory.

I think it was the defender landing on him with the full weight of his body while CJ was in a vulnerable position that did the deed.

This and most players are able to roll over when they land on their sides. In this case, it did look like CJ's shoulder was driven into the ground at just the right angle with 200 lbs and however much force was also added with the speed of the play so he wasn't able to.

Any which way you slice it, can't wait til he is back in the game.

Yeah and it sounds like you're defending him so you are making judgement. And if you back off that then you're still making judgement that I'm not in a position to have an opinion. Most of the posts on this board are people offering opinions, a primary use of message boards. Telling people they have no right to have one is pointless and contradictory.

I'm just trying to figure out how you know how much pain was inflicted, and how Spiller should have reacted? I'm not even defending him, I'm saying that THERE IS NO WAY OF KNOWING, so why criticize the player?

Where did I question your right to offer an opinion? I challenged the opinion you offered up, because it isn't based on anything concrete You just tossed out the opinion that Spiller is some kind of wimp, without having any way to know how severe the injury really might be.I didn't see any of his peers questioning his reaction, or any "NFL experts" calling him soft. He doesn't have a history of being injury prone, or soft. If you are going to post that kind of attack, you should have something to back it up with.

You are right though, I have judged you and concluded that you don't know what you are talking about.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

If Freddie is able to go, I think they hold him out for the week. Spiller is a smaller guy, I think they play it safe with him. Granted if Freddie can't go I think they use CJ but as long as Freddie is good to go I think they will use him and Choice. You don't want to risk Spiller for the rest of the season just to rush him back.

Sprains cause swelling and can be aggravated, if Fred and CJ play, theyare both risking damage. I like that they might but I hope it turns out okay. I think the team knows what it is doing, so I am not worried. I think Chioce still get 1/2 the touches from the backfield though, even if one or both of them play.

You have no real reason not to give Spiller the benefit of the doubt.

Essentially you're questioning the pain threshold (manliness) of a slender guy who excelled in college and is an emerging star running back in the NFL.

I'm gonna give Spiller the benefit of the doubt.

I'm just trying to figure out how you know how much pain was inflicted, and how Spiller should have reacted? I'm not even defending him, I'm saying that THERE IS NO WAY OF KNOWING, so why criticize the player?

You are right though, I have judged you and concluded that you don't know what you are talking about.

Don't mind Joe. He believes that if shoulder injuries were banned legislatively, Spiller never would have gotten hurt. It's not worth trying to explain it to him. ;) Edited by TakeYouToTasker