Bills Patriots Injury Report *Mankins OUT!!!*

Rockinon

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting all of the injury stuff aside....The Patsies are the ones struggling to win games and now they have to come into our house. The Bills after the week 1 loss did something different. They stopped over thinking the game and just started playing strait up physical football. That isn't going to change this weekend. They know they can beat the Patriots by simply playing hard. The Bills know they are better in the trenches and they will play to their strengths.....just beat the man in front of you.

It's fun talking about injuries and all but you guys who don't put much stock in the injury report are right. I really liked the Kyle Williams' interview. He is not concerned with injuries whatsoever. His only concern is playing hard and being a better team. That same sentiment is echoed by the rest of the team by watching their play and listening to them talk. This team is going after the division title the old fashioned way....by strait up beating their opponent.

Mixing in a little talk about injuries just adds a little more excitement, and provides something else to talk about besides another Fitz controversy.

LIstened to some NE* talk radio the other (Thursday) and they were saying how it odd it was for Mankins to sit out of practices, that he's just never done that over his career, and that if he missed practice again on Friday, something was seriously up.

Take it fwiw...

Mankins reportedly tore his ACL in the 2011 opener and delayed surgery until just after the SB (IOW 5 months later). I wouldn't be surprised if he did major damage to his knee playing on it, as studies suggest that the longer you wait to repair it, the worse the outcome can be. And that's for people who aren't their knees through the extremes if playing pro football. Not to mention he returned to play a little over 6 months after surgery.

Mankins not playing would be a huge surprise and a major loss for them. He's a great G, one of the best. Two years ago, during Kyle Williams' Pro Bowl season, NE was the only team I can recall that didn't double team him because Mankins could handle him one on one.

GO BILLS!!!

Mankins not playing would be a huge surprise and a major loss for them. He's a great G, one of the best. Two years ago, during Kyle Williams' Pro Bowl season, NE was the only team I can recall that didn't double team him because Mankins could handle him one on one.

GO BILLS!!!

Two years ago the Bills didn't have Dareus. Now we have two very imposing tackles on the DL lining up next to each other. This, I think will be bigger than the off season signings of Mario and Anderson.

Edited by Rockinon

Not trying to start a controversy. I just think that there is more to the injury report than what we have seen historically. These guys are banged up and for once, they are hurting as much or more than the Bills are this time around.

No controversy, I agree with almost everything you say, and would love to see bills beat a healthy pats team just so we wouldn't have to hear the excuses, but then again, if bills win there will be tons of excuses.

I don't really get the "i want them to be fully healthy so we can beat them that way" attitude. We, quite frankly, would lose 9/10 times. MANY teams in the league lose 9/10 times when Tom Brady is on track and with all his receivers. I'll take whatever we can get and teams do as well. Is a O-line player hurting? Guess who you gun for. Is there a rookie cornerback? Guess who you're picking on. The entire game is exploiting your opponents mismatches while trying to minimize your own.

Two years ago the Bills didn't have Dareus. Now we have two very imposing tackles on the DL lining up next to each other. This, I think will be bigger than the off season signings of Mario and Anderson.

And it will be. While Yes having Mario and Anderson is nice to line up with them the way to beat qb's like Brady isn't that offtackle edge pressure. It's the interior pressure. It's the de's forcing them to step inside to Williams and Dareus, and It's Dareus/Williams forcing brady to move around and become uncomofrtable in the pocket setting up pressures and forced throws and hopefully sacks and turnovers. If we're gonna have a defensively sound game vs NE the best players on defense will have to be Williams/Dareus

It doesn't matter if Volmeer or Mankin play.

So funny when you think about it, but now the the regular officials are back, let's remember they like to play favorites during games, and of course, no one is allowed any where near Brady... Yeah, the replacements were really bad, but at least they were equally bad to both teams....

Mankins reportedly tore his ACL in the 2011 opener and delayed surgery until just after the SB (IOW 5 months later). I wouldn't be surprised if he did major damage to his knee playing on it, as studies suggest that the longer you wait to repair it, the worse the outcome can be. And that's for people who aren't their knees through the extremes if playing pro football. Not to mention he returned to play a little over 6 months after surgery.

How is it even possible to play with a torn ACL?

It doesn't matter if Volmeer or Mankin play.

So funny when you think about it, but now the the regular officials are back, let's remember they like to play favorites during games, and of course, no one is allowed any where near Brady... Yeah, the replacements were really bad, but at least they were equally bad to both teams....

Count me among those who kind of wish the replacement refs lasted one more week so we wouldn't have to worry about the regular refs doing their usual New England* screw job....

How is it even possible to play with a torn ACL?

Takes one tough SOB. I have to give him props for it, even though it wasn't smart.

Tom E. Curran@tomecurran

Patriots RG Logan Mankins did not travel with the team to Buffalo according to a source. He is out. #patriotstalk

Kinda figured. Personally I think they rushed him back because of Gallery's retirement and Waters not coming back (not sure if it's a true retirement since he'd like to play for his hometown Texans).

Listing Brady - Shoulder Probable is a lot different than Mankins missing practice three days in a row. Yes guys can miss practice and play on Sunday. Didn't Stevie do that several times last year with his groin? But I think there is little doubt Mankins is hurting. I hope them being thin on o-line forces Gronk to stay in and block. Look for them to line him up as an H-back and be able to double KW or MD. I think they will take their chances with Mario one on one with the RT and trusting Brady to get the ball out quickly. Desperately need our young DB's to have a decent game. Ok to give up some catches but just don't get beat over the top when the Pats go max protect. That would be a killer.

And yeah, I don't care if they're 100%, just like I doubt they or their fans cared/care if the Bills were/are 100%.

Listing Brady - Shoulder Probable is a lot different than Mankins missing practice three days in a row. Yes guys can miss practice and play on Sunday. Didn't Stevie do that several times last year with his groin? But I think there is little doubt Mankins is hurting. I hope them being thin on o-line forces Gronk to stay in and block. Look for them to line him up as an H-back and be able to double KW or MD. I think they will take their chances with Mario one on one with the RT and trusting Brady to get the ball out quickly. Desperately need our young DB's to have a decent game. Ok to give up some catches but just don't get beat over the top when the Pats go max protect. That would be a killer.

If they double Kyle or Marcel, without Mankins, they don't have an interior OL who can handle Kyle or Marcel one-on-one. Gronk will have to stay in and block more than he has been. And remember that Vollmer's back is ailing.