Bills Coaching strategy-- not blitzing (rarely anyway)

Thunderstealer

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Wanny want to prevent blitzing as much as possible...if there is pressure with just the front four there's really no reason to do it unless u want to surprise the opposing offense here and there..I agree Shepperd is perfect for blitzing and usually gets to close or sack the QB...the more guys in coverage the better, if Tommy sees a blitz and we don't get to him he will eat u alive.

What are the odds they put Mallet in at some point?

he's taller (can see over our line easier)

he's got a quicker release ( so he can, theoretically, get the ball out quicker when under pressure)

and most importantly

he played in the SEC so he knows Dareus, Mario, Shephard, and Gilmore and how they play. He'll probably be able to read them better, no?

he's got a quicker release ( so he can, theoretically, get the ball out quicker when under pressure)

and most importantly

he played in the SEC so he knows Dareus, Mario, Shephard, and Gilmore and how they play. He'll probably be able to read them better, no?

Zero.

and most importantly

Good one!

Kind of a conundrum.

Brady is excellent at picking apart blitz schemes but he also is human and will get rattled with pressure.

I'm not sure how much the Bills will blitz but I expect them to stunt a lot more than they have in the first three weeks.

Funny how I'm watching the replay of the Baltimore vs NE game on NFL Network tonight and with 2 mins left, Baltimore blitzed on 2nd and 3rd down, forced punt and rattled Brady good. I think you have to have brass ones to blitz Brady...but it definitely is handy

I also learned that taking a few passes down the field (20 + yards) will pay big dividends because the Pats CB's seemed to get some flags on deep routes ...maybe they will have a tough time with Graham??

Edited by BringBackFergy

and most importantly

I think you raise a very strong possibility and I can only hope Wanny is practicing for just such a scenario.

GO BILLS!!!

and most importantly

Is that you crayonz ;)

Honestly, and this sounds crazy, but I really think that they've been holding back their blitz packages for this game. I think they feel they can get pressure with their front four guys, and for the most part (Jets game, blehk) they have. So if you're getting pressure with four, don't give bellichek anything to prepare for. I would be shocked if we only rush four against Brady since everyone knows the way to beat him is to knock him on his ass. And frankly, if we don't get pressure, I am not convinced that our corners can keep up vs Brady.

edit: I feel I worded this wrong. I don't think they were like we're not blitzing until we play New England, I just think they've only blitzed when they've had to to give opposing coaches the least chance to prepare.

Edited by gregkash

Kelvin Sheppard is the most obvious choice for this. He's so fast. DB's however don't have much experience at it McKelvin I can see letting go.

Brady must be touched up for Buffalo to have a chance.

I have noticed the last two weeks, that because they blitz so rarely, the offenses are not as ready for it, so when they have blitzed, the blitzer gets in clean.

I believe this front-four can create significant pressure without any help - particularly against what has become a really bad OL in New England. They have lost players in the off-season, and are missing more now due to injury.

What we learned between the Jets and the last two games - you have to play the DBs a little tight to prevent the quick pass so that the DL has a chance to do anything.

and most importantly

I haven't checked the stats, but if Mallet played more snaps in college, I think that seals the deal.

Unless Brady gets hurt or NE* is winning by 50, why in the hell would you put in Mallet? The team is 1-2, its especially not time for them to get cute and bench their beloved QB

Mallet brings a whole new dimension to the Pats* offense. I only hope Wanny is spending some prep time on it.

GO BILLS!!!

Mallet brings a whole new dimension to the Pats* offense. I only hope Wanny is spending some prep time on it.

GO BILLS!!!

I guess so, that is if you consider downgrading the offense significantly "adding a dimension". You don't bench the greatest QB of the generation (ever?) to work in a lower tier backup head case. Ever. And if you're the opposition you sure as **** don't waste any film or practice time planning for it.

I honestly can't believe I just had to type that.

I guess so, that is if you consider downgrading the offense significantly "adding a dimension". You don't bench the greatest QB of the generation (ever?) to work in a lower tier backup head case. Ever. And if you're the opposition you sure as **** don't waste any film or practice time planning for it.

I honestly can't believe I just had to type that.

It's called sarcasm.

GO BILLS!!!