Another paranoia thread...when NFL Refs return this Sunday

BringBackFergy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured this would happen...there's no way the NFL would give them a few weeks off to relax if a deal came through. Let the paranoia begin. Only thing we can do now is kick some Bellicheck Butt and not look back.

Don't think all our problems will be solved once the regular NFL Refs return this weekend (and they will return this weekend).

I figured this would happen...there's no way the NFL would give them a few weeks off to relax if a deal came through. Let the paranoia begin. Only thing we can do now is kick some Bellicheck Butt and not look back.

*throws flag and blows whistle*

Talking bad about our Holy Patriots and the Savior Bill Belichick...on BringBackFergy...immediate lifetime ban and automatic Bills loss this weekend.

*blows whistle to continue thread*

*throws flag and blows whistle*

Talking bad about our Holy Patriots and the Savior Bill Belichick...on BringBackFergy...immediate lifetime ban and automatic Bills loss this weekend.

*blows whistle to continue thread*

Damn Ballston Spa/Scotia Refs always throwin the flag...I'll gladly malign Billy B. and Slim Brady till I'm blue in the face.....*walking off the field and high fiving the fans*

Good point. Also, the NFL is giving Belichick a $100,000 bonus for grabbing the Refs arm, thus alerting the league they need to get a deal finalized

In a strange move, the Commissioner has approved a proposal wherein the Refs will be allowed to check their ESPN Fantasy Team at every tv time out and at halftime. Also, they are now allowed to wear their favorite QB's shirts on the field instead of white and black. Brady jerseys will be prevalent this Sunday.

OP stirring up the loonies. Prepare for more, not fewer, complaints about refs in shoutbox Sunday.

Guaranteed...a Google search of terms and phrases on Sunday at 4pm will undoubtedly have "f&%$#in Brady" as No. 1 and "Refs playing favorites" as No. 2

Refs for the last few years Bills/Pats* games and the outcomes....

@ Pats Week 10 L 20-10

Pent (B 3/22 NE 2/15)

Ref crew

R Walt Coleman 65

U Undrey Wash 96

HL Paul Weidner 87

LJ Carl Johnson 101

FJ Eddy Powers 38

SJ Rick Patterson 15

BJ Greg Steed 12

RA Bill Spyksma

VO Terry Sullivan

In Buf Week 17 L 13-0

Pent (B 3/20 NE 2/10)

Ref Crew

R Gene Steratore 114

U Jeff Rice 44

HL Tom Stabile 24

LJ Jeff Seeman 45

FJ Greg Gautreaux 80

SJ Barry Anderson 86

BJ Tony Steratore 112

RA Al Hynes

VO Brian Matoren

@ Pats* Week 1 L 25-24 (Monday night game)

Pent (B 9/71 NE 6/55)

Ref Crew

R Scott Green 19

U Butch Hannah 40

HL Tom Stabile 24

LJ Tom Symonette 100

FJ Dyrol Prioleau 109

SJ Larry Rose 128

BJ Scott Helverson 93

RA Dick Creed

VO Bill Tracy

In Buf Week 15 L 17-10

Pent (B 11/124 NE 6/52)

Ref Crew

R Tony Corrente 99

U Fred Bryan 11

HL John McGrath 5

LJ John Hussey 35

FJ Gary Cavaletto 60

SJ Allen Baynes 56

BJ Greg Wilson 119

RA Howard Slavin

VO Terry Poulos

@ Pats* Week 3 L 38-30

Pent (B 6/45 NE 4/35)

Ref Crew

R John Parry 132

U Dan Ferrell 64

HL Wayne Mackie 106

LJ Ron Marinucci 107

FJ Scott Edwards 3

SJ Keith Washington 7

BJ Perry Paganelli 46

RA Al Hynes

VO Ken Dollar

In Buf Week 16 L 34-3

Pent (B 6/40 NE 6/40)

Ref Crew

R Al Riveron 57

U Ruben Fowler 71

HL Ed Camp 134

LJ Ron Phares 10

FJ Steve Zimmer 33

SJ Jimmy DeBell 58

BJ Lee Dyer 27

RA Bob McGrath

VO Clayton Judge

In Buf Week 3 W 34-31

Pent (B 9/77 NE 8/93)

Ref Crew

R Carl Cheffers 51

U Wash 96

HL Payne 79

LJ Symonette 100

FJ Buchanen 86

SJ Hayes 125

BJ Prukop 30

RA Nemmers

VO Nazzaro

@ Pats* Week 17 L 49-21

Pent (B 5/45 NE 4/77)

Ref Crew

R Bill Leavy 127

U Jenkins 76

HL Hayward 54

LJ Perlman 9

FJ Quirk 63

SJ Parham 87

BJ Ferguson 61

RA Stewart

VO Oldham

Nice research Jack. I guess our paranoia is based on somewhat solid grounds.

Ohh wait...we were penalized more because our players weren't coached as well...maybe that's it (or that's the reason most pundits would use to explain the disparity).

I'm still waiting to see who the crew may be this weekend, and compare it to previous results. But so far it looks like it doesn't matter, Krafts influence affects all crews.

Nice research Jack. I guess our paranoia is based on somewhat solid grounds.

Ohh wait...we were penalized more because our players weren't coached as well...maybe that's it (or that's the reason most pundits would use to explain the disparity).

those were pretty well flat in almost all games....

and yes, you would think a better team probably commits less mental errors.

additionally, far more important than 1-2 extras in a couple of games, timing of those penalties is far more indicative of impact than volume.

and the most important thing when looking at these - equal penalties called doesnt equal fair officiating. beyond the previous comment about impact, odds are two teams do not commit the same number of fouls in a game, why would anyone expect that they should have the same number called.

Not to add to the paranoia but I seem to recall in a lot of those Buf/NE games the penalties becoming much more "evened out" late in the game after it was already decided, thus making the penalty comparison look more innocent than it actually was. Probably not true but you never know....

Not to add to the paranoia but I seem to recall in a lot of those Buf/NE games the penalties becoming much more "evened out" late in the game after it was already decided, thus making the penalty comparison look more innocent than it actually was. Probably not true but you never know....

goes hand in hand with what i was saying - without context the numbers mean little. contrary to my gut saying its not all that bad - it could even be far worse than those show.

but just number of calls without any context is a very deceiving number to look at in a vacuum

goes hand in hand with what i was saying - without context the numbers mean little. contrary to my gut saying its not all that bad - it could even be far worse than those show.

but just number of calls without any context is a very deceiving number to look at in a vacuum

If you want to look at the penalties, I put links to the boxscores. So you can scroll through and see when in a game a penalty was called and on whom.

If you want to look at the penalties, I put links to the boxscores. So you can scroll through and see when in a game a penalty was called and on whom.

I'm of the persuasion that the ref bias isn't nearly as big as most. Brady might get some benefit of the doubt (just like revis, or any other star), but I am not as worried about it as most so I'm unlikely to seriously dig and review.

You would also need to see if its a good call, not just when it happened.

It's a complex issue and every team says their rivals get all the calls.