Screen printing on jerseys...?

Heels20X6

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help an out-of-town (country) Bills fan. So I ordered a Spiller Reebok jersey and when I received it, it was inexplicably missing the numbers on the front. They are sending me another one but I get to keep this factory defect.

My question is, is there any place I can mail this jersey to that would be able to screenprint just the #28 on the front and then be able to mail it back to me? I searched all over Toronto and Ottawa and no luck here.

Thanks in advance!

I should add that the reason I want to get this done is that I'm going to Arizona to watch the Bills play and they said it'll be 4-6 weeks before I get my replacement jersey.

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help an out-of-town (country) Bills fan. So I ordered a Spiller Reebok jersey and when I received it, it was inexplicably missing the numbers on the front. They are sending me another one but I get to keep this factory defect.

My question is, is there any place I can mail this jersey to that would be able to screenprint just the #28 on the front and then be able to mail it back to me? I searched all over Toronto and Ottawa and no luck here.

Thanks in advance!

I should add that the reason I want to get this done is that I'm going to Arizona to watch the Bills play and they said it'll be 4-6 weeks before I get my replacement jersey.

If you could find a place that screen prints shirts and stuff for local rec sports leagues that might help, but some places may not want to do it because of any possible leagal/copyright issues the NFL may have on their products (numbers and colours)

If you could find a place that screen prints shirts and stuff for local rec sports leagues that might help, but some places may not want to do it because of any possible leagal/copyright issues the NFL may have on their products (numbers and colours)

Yup. I've got an old replica Jim Kelly jersey that had the single stitch letters on it. I knew someone in the Embroitery business and i had the old, worn, faded numbers off my jersey and had him sew on fresh, new, double stitched numbers on it. Unfortunately he did a horrible job. Numbers crooked a bit, off center, bad stitching. Needless to say I was pissed and never asked him to do anything ever again. So to the point of your post, I went to one of the more well known places in WNY that will change the nameplates on the backs of jerseys but when I asked them if they would re-sew the the numbers on correctly, they told me because of liscensing and copywrites and all that, they wouldn't touch the numbers. Seemed odd to me but I can't find anyone to even look at it.

I guess the OP could find a shady place to screen print some numbers on, but they probably won't be very credible.

Any screen printer should be able to burn a screen and print the #s on it for you. Make sure that they're familiar with printing on poly, otherwise, there may be dye migration and the ink might turn light blue.

Otherwise, lots of people will do vinyl heat sealed numbers also.

As mrags mentioned, I'd find a local sports shop to sew on some real numbers for a much nicer, durable look.

Thanks in advance!

Don't know but I will see you in Arizona!!! Go Bills!

As other posters have said, I’d be surprised if you found anyplace that will print the #s on for you exactly as they should be due to the licensing, etc. If you take a shortcut (sewn #s on the front, screen print on the back) the jersey just won’t look right, especially compared to everyone else’s.

If I were you, I'd contact wherever you purchased from and demand that they either get you the new one in time for the AZ game since that’s what you purchased it for or refund your money so you can purchase someplace else before you run out of time to do that. This is assuming it’s a reputable dealer. I’m guessing it’s not China because they don’t take 4-6 weeks.

So you know, I just bought my wife a baseball jersey from Amazon last week with regular shipping and it came in the mail today. We bought a bunch of jerseys from China last year and they came about a week after I placed the order.

From the description, I think it may already be a chinese jersey.

No, it's legit, just a factory defect. It's from a licensed apparel store and it's screen-printed. The Chinese knock-offs always have their numbers (poorly) stitched on.

It's only taking 4-6 weeks because I ordered a medium and shockingly, Spiller's great play of late has resulted in increased demand in his jersey. Does anyone know if the Bills Shop at the Ralph actually does screen printing in-house? Or press-on numbers? If that's the case, I'll just wait it out and take it there.

Does anyone know if the Bills Shop at the Ralph actually does screen printing in-house? Or press-on numbers? If that's the case, I'll just wait it out and take it there.

No, they're just a store, no sweatshop in the back. They may have jerseys in stock, you can call and ask.... (716) 649-4347

No, they're just a store, no sweatshop in the back. They may have jerseys in stock, you can call and ask.... (716) 649-4347

Thanks JJ! Turns out they can do it, but the only problem is that their heat press numbers look different because they press it on whereas Nike/Reebok ink theirs directly on the jersey. Since they can put the new numbers over top of the ones on the back, I'm going to do that the next time I'm in B-Town.

Looks like I'm rocking J. Kelly Esq. throwback at the game in Arizona.

No, it's legit, just a factory defect. It's from a licensed apparel store and it's screen-printed. The Chinese knock-offs always have their numbers (poorly) stitched on.

It's only taking 4-6 weeks because I ordered a medium and shockingly, Spiller's great play of late has resulted in increased demand in his jersey. Does anyone know if the Bills Shop at the Ralph actually does screen printing in-house? Or press-on numbers? If that's the case, I'll just wait it out and take it there.

Funny, because i have a few <cough> friends <cough> with the chinese jerseys and those numbers are stitched on great.