Brian Moorman Has Been Awful

We all know he can't pin punts inside the 10 but gosh you can't even kick for distance anymore. Pulling off 1-2 bad punts per game. It will be interesting what the Bills do if this continues to midway part of the season. He has been a liability on special teams.

I am surprised by this perception. Cribs almost broke a few for long returns even with mooreman pinning him to the sidelines. It's also clear replacement refs are a little shaky at to spotting OOB punts.

It wasn't his best half(second half). But if you look at his kicks vs kc and jets and first half Cleveland, he has been Probowl caliber.

If Mooreman is the worst starter by position, this team is a shoe in for the superbowl.

I said it in another thread, I'll say it here: I would rather see him kicking it 30 yards and out of bounds, then watching Cribbs run one back for a TD!

BTW: In case you haven't noticed, our coverage units have NOT been very stellar. "Do whatever you can to keep them a non-factor, keep kicking it out Brian, keep it up the good work!"

Kicking the ball 27 yards at the end of a close game is completely unacceptable. I know he has been around a long time and has made some very good kicks over the years, but I agree that it is time for a change.

Wow, was this thread downright prescient.

Many -- well, perhaps not many, but quite a few -- of us were expecting Powell to beat out Moorman in training camp. Moorman saw the competition and turned it up -- until the job was his. He has been nothing short of brutal these first three weeks.

Best of luck, Brian -- you were the player of the decade during one of the bleakest decades in Bills' history. Classy guy, great teammate and very involved in the community.

Welcome back to the Bills, Shawn -- hope you're here for the next 12 years like the guy you just replaced.