So can we talk about SJ attitude for a minute

D521646

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was getting frustrated with Fitz in the first game.. after Fitz missed him on the slant pattern he didnt seem chipper.

I noticed the same thing from David Nelson, before he got hurt. Only saw it on tv, but a few times, after Fitz missed him (or hit his feet) he was walking back to the huddle looking very frustrated...

To the poster.

That is a darned good question.

It started with the Jets game.

I noticed it definitely. I was not sure whether is was the passing issues from Fitz or he was pissed at himself for wrong route.

But he had body language then.

I was looking for it this past week and sure enough he was lethargic lining up and sometimes returning slowly.

So whatever the issue is it's something. If its his groin then it is bothering him mentally. That sweet pass by Fitz to Johnson, Stevie looked as healthy as it gets.

Aint a witch hunt. It's a fair question. Whats up with Stevie?

and what the heck is all the sniffing the glove sh88t? i never saw that before. So these guys are on drugs? greeaat.... thats.. awesome. Because he was sniffing like a dog ready to hunt. Yes i saw that too.

What exactly are you worried about? You rail on Fitz for sucking, but are now suspicious about Stevie being upset because he's not getting the ball enough?

Through two weeks of action, Stevie is 38th in the NFL in targets with 15. Hardly near the top of the league. So 7.5 times a game Fitz is trying to get the ball to our best WR, a number that when taken into account Nelson's injury, hardly seems like the QB is forcing the ball to appease him.

As I said, this dynamic is in the early stage of development. After watching the game with no preconceptions that Stevie would be moody, I walked away thinking that he was. Clearly there are other people who came away with the same impression as this thread has been started. It may not get any worse and it could be a false alarm, but I picked up on a vibe from him, that's all I'm saying.

Some people just don't pick up on body language cues well as I said. Well if you do pick up on cues and you were watching Stevie this past Sunday, there was a little bit of cause for concern. Do I have to see more to be fully convinced there is a problem? Yes. If we win 5 in a row if there is a problem, will it show itself? No. Winning solves everything. But if we start losing a bunch of games and Fitz is playing like crap, we'll see if sh** hits the fan with this dynamic.

Some people just don't pick up on body language cues well as I said. Well if you do pick up on cues and you were watching Stevie this past Sunday, there was a little bit of cause for concern. Do I have to see more to be fully convinced there is a problem? Yes. If we win 5 in a row if there is a problem, will it show itself? No. Winning solves everything. But if we start losing a bunch of games and Fitz is playing like crap, we'll see if sh** hits the fan with this dynamic.

Right. Obviously those of us that disagree are simply dense contrarians who can't read body language.

Or it could be you're engaging in smug over-analysis and speculation, while knowing absolutely nothing about the guy.

Johnson could catch 16 TDs this year and some people here will still try to pick him apart. He can't win. We get it, he just doesn't fit your outdated mold of what a football player should act like, look like, etc.

Right. Obviously those of us that disagree are simply dense contrarians who can't read body language.

Or it could be you're engaging in smug over-analysis and speculation, while knowing absolutely nothing about the guy.

Johnson could catch 16 TDs this year and some people here will still try to pick him apart. He can't win. We get it, he just doesn't fit your outdated mold of what a football player should act like, look like, etc.

no really i am a huge fan and he looked off. But maybe he is acting. seriously. I would never look to go after one of ours. ever. The way he walked back from some plays whether run or pass were, well, odd. Not tired not my groin hurts, but not a happy or enthusiastic sprint back.

But that TD catch he was flying

There was one play that I saw during the replay that SJ was really out of it right out of the huddle and he looked like he was sulking, but to me when I watched it I thought he was pissed at himself, not pissed at Fitz or the team. And it's not like he loafed the next play. I think it's impossible to get inside a player's head like that and we all know he is a different dude. I did notice from interviews that he did after the game he was very happy and very laudatory about his team and teammates, including Fitz.

I think the incident was just after he dropped a 10 yard out. It was the same play that the announcer criticized him for looking back to early at Fitz and tipping off the play.

I said I needed to see more to be convinced so I admit, it could be a little jump of the gun that something is going on. However, signs were there and multiple people saw them.

Plus, I don't have an outdated mold on how football players should act. I'm in my twenties haha.

You would think we lost last week. Goodness people

Hey don't you think it is good to not fluctuate 100% with wins and losses? After a win should every post be about how the team is awesome and there were no problems? I really hope that's not how the team operates.

I said I needed to see more to be convinced so I admit, it could be a little jump of the gun that something is going on. However, signs were there and multiple people saw them.

Plus, I don't have an outdated mold on how football players should act. I'm in my twenties haha.

That's good Voice but stick around here long enough and you'll run into plenty.

Hey don't you think it is good to not fluctuate 100% with wins and losses? After a win should every post be about how the team is awesome and there were no problems? I really hope that's not how the team operates.

I was in NYC on sunday and game back and there were more negaitve posts than positive ones. This board used to be a great wealth of information and insight about football and sometimes we used to celebrate wins. It was 35 to 3 in the third quarter people. How bout "hey great game lets talk about next game!"

Watch more football, receivers never stay in the huddle the whole time, wanna know why? Becasue they have the farthest to walk away from the huddle, then run a route then come back. Watch the patriots recievers, watch the packers receivers. Trust me they will all leave early and appear to little divas.

This may be some of the dumbest **** I've heard in quite awhile. There is not a single Bills player who seems to be more about the Bills and his teammates all while trying to enjoy the experience of playing pro football, and a guy who whether some of you like to admit it or not could've bolted for greener pastures. The Best wr we've had since Eric Moulds and people seem to want to run him out smh

Agree some of the worst posts of all time are in this thread.

"divaesque"

"makes fitz throw him the ball, which hurts fitz decision making "

The best WR since moulds indeed...some need to watch less espn. Not all Wrs are divas. 2 games 2 Td's SJ rules IMO

I was in NYC on sunday and game back and there were more negaitve posts than positive ones. This board used to be a great wealth of information and insight about football and sometimes we used to celebrate wins. It was 35 to 3 in the third quarter people. How bout "hey great game lets talk about next game!"

Watch more football, receivers never stay in the huddle the whole time, wanna know why? Becasue they have the farthest to walk away from the huddle, then run a route then come back. Watch the patriots recievers, watch the packers receivers. Trust me they will all leave early and appear to little divas.

I love celebrating the win, trust me. I just know that's what the other 80% of the forum will post about and I take part in those talks too.

However, in your talking about a great wealth of information and insight, I too think that is very valuable. That is why it is not good to be a bipolar fan and get super high with a win and super low with a loss. A wise fanbase is able to see where the team is lacking even when they win. And also, to see where they were good when they lost.

You will see me post positively after losses too.

And here is where we make the turn into yet another Fitz bashing thread.

I thought we did that back on p. 1, the highly-predictable (and first) response from good 'ol Ryan L. Bills.

Ok, week one against the Jets it was obvious and not so obvious against KC, however, I watched the replays and couldn't help but notice that he seems ho hum. One play he left the huddle before they broke and then realized it and still had his back to the team and sort of leaning in from behind and he had this wierd look on his face like something was really bothering him.

Is he becoming a diva type like TO, Moss? He's getting the ball more than any other reciever (Which is a topic for another discussion as I'm not happy about how one dimmensional Fitz is becomming) on the team, so what's his beef? I'm telling you all something isn't right, there's something going on with him.

Right now, Chandler, Stevie, and Jones are tied with 6 receptions apiece.

Do you have something other than receptions to support your contention Stevie is getting the ball more than any other Bills receiver? 'Cuz the receptions are getting spread around as usual.

^^^This. Thank you.