US Had 48 Hours Notice Of Potential Danger

Dante

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and at that point, he should have been on the phone with whoever the dear leader is today in Libya, but also with a rapid strike force and bombers, and every Marine on the ground near Libya....

All conversation should have reflected the seriousness of the situation, telling the Marines to protect the embassy at all cost, and strike force is on the way to help... Telling leaders in Libya, protect the embassy, or we will, and btw, our bombers will drop... somewhere, if you don't help...

I wish I could laugh, but it's too serious now... Our response has been to send 50 Marines, and 2 warships, after the fact. I know, 50 Marines is all that's needed to wipe that country off the map, but does it bother anyone else, that we have done nothing in Egypt??? Does that mean it was OK what happened there??

At least this morning, Yemen seemed serious about the problems... What happened in Egypt?? Are we going to pretend it goes away??

The British press is good at busting Obama's balls.

I noticed during the whole Trayvon Marting thing that the British press was constantly getting a lot of detail not favorable to Obama's son Trayvon (R.I.P.)

I know, and it seems to point to how badly our press has joined the ranks so to speak... I also like the telegraph from the UK, but if your interested in finding out what the world thinks of us, Pravda is prolly the best...

Edited by Cinga

Vegas baby!! Woot!

We have such an empty suit way out of his league occupying the office of president of the United States of America.

God I'm so sick of Obama. I can't wait till we have a president that will gladly stand up for our interests and be willing to hold people accountable and for cripe sakes just be willing to act like a president.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

You really can't blame Obama for not knowing about this...he hadn't attended any intelligence briefings in over a week. And why would he with that worthless political hack Tom Donilon as his NSC. There's so many things wrong with this administration and this series of events, God help us if this clown is re-elected.

Vegas baby!! Woot!

We have such an empty suit way out of his league occupying the office of president of the United States of America.

God I'm so sick of Obama. I can't wait till we have a president that will gladly stand up for our interests and be willing to hold people accountable and for cripe sakes just be willing to act like a president.

I'm with you on that... but problem is, too many people in America thinks PBO is a "nice" guy so should be given another chance... Look at the news... look at the polls...

NOTHING matters to the voters anymore, except who they "like" the most... and PBO knows this...

You really can't blame Obama for not knowing about this...he hadn't attended any intelligence briefings in over a week. And why would he with that worthless political hack Tom Donilon as his NSC. There's so many things wrong with this administration and this series of events, God help us if this clown is re-elected.

6 months now, and counting...

Explain this Barry. No warning to their our people on the ground in Libya? What a sham he is. He has got to go. And how come it's the UK press that breaks this story?

http://www.independe...on-8135797.html

I'm not saying this is false information, but there's no other source that I can find about the 48 hour warning; every site references the Independent, and that consists of a single sentence with no details. Maybe wait and see if there's any confirmation or further info...

You really can't blame Obama for not knowing about this...he hadn't attended any intelligence briefings in over a week.

6 months now, and counting...

umm no

I'm not saying this is false information, but there's no other source that I can find about the 48 hour warning; every site references the Independent, and that consists of a single sentence with no details. Maybe wait and see if there's any confirmation or further info...

umm no

Tom Donilon is a buffoon with NO business or qualifications to be the NSA (I wrote NSC earlier in a typo). Therefore reports that Marine Security Guards were not allowed to carry loaded weapons in a somewhat hostile country on the anniversary of 9/11 is that much nore troubling. Before you try to flame me, I know MSG's work for the State Dept and that it is the ambassador's discretion, but seriously...WTF?

BTW, you know all those top secret leaks that came out of the White House? Bet the farm it was Dolilon.

Tom Donilon is a buffoon with NO business or qualifications to be the NSA (I wrote NSC earlier in a typo). Therefore reports that Marine Security Guards were not allowed to carry loaded weapons in a somewhat hostile country on the anniversary of 9/11 is that much nore troubling. Before you try to flame me, I know MSG's work for the State Dept and that it is the ambassador's discretion, but seriously...WTF?

BTW, you know all those top secret leaks that came out of the White House? Bet the farm it was Dolilon.

well, he certainly has little or no national security experience on his resume, so no argument from me. My point was a single source with zero detail and confirmation (yet) wasn't worth getting excited about and the report about missing intelligence briefings was debunked.

Edited by In-A-Gadda-Levitre

Where can a busy pres find the time? Between campaign stops in Vegas, appearing on Letterman. A few days ago on some Pink Pimp radio show. Very taxing schedule.

Explain this Barry. No warning to their our people on the ground in Libya? What a sham he is. He has got to go. And how come it's the UK press that breaks this story?

http://www.independe...on-8135797.html

the WH says no

“This is absolutely wrong. We are not aware of any actionable intelligence indicating that an attack on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi was planned or imminent.”

But...but...but...

I read somewhere that in 2008 there was Intel that Al'Qaeda might want to attack a US Embassy somewhere. And since attacking a US Embassy is such a novel idea, one that has never been attempted nor even contemplated by a fictional TV show or movie

This is clearly a fault of the Bush Administration

I noticed during the whole Trayvon Marting thing that the British press was constantly getting a lot of detail not favorable to Obama's son Trayvon (R.I.P.)

If Obama had a son he should have named him Al. Then he'd be Al Obama.

Sorry, bad pun occured to me while Bama was routing Michigan

The sun rose in the east 1 minute later than yesterday - It's Obama's fault.

The sun will set in the weat 1 minute later than yesterday - It's Obama's fault.

GEORGE BUSH HAD 4 WEEKS NOTICE before 9-11!!!

You people are pathetic.

------------------

In an interview with the Washington Post's Philip Rucker, Richard Williamson, a top foreign policy adviser to Romney, suggested the deadly protests that claimed the life of Chris Stevens, the American ambassador to Libya, and three other U.S. diplomatic aides would not have happened if Romney were president.

"There's a pretty compelling story that if you had a President Romney, you'd be in a different situation," Williamson, who served as former President George W. Bush's ambassador to the United Nations, told the Post. "For the first time since Jimmy Carter, we've had an American ambassador assassinated."

The world needs American leadership. The Middle East needs American leadership," Romney said. "And I intend to be a president that provides the leadership that America respects and will keep us admired throughout the world."

http://news.yahoo.co...--election.html

-----------------------

Not it doesn't - that's half of the problem!!!

to the radical republicans - Please tell us good citizens just how will Myth will prevemt that from happening? Install a regiment of soldiers at every embassy and shoot into any large crowd that approaches?

The British press is good at busting Obama's balls.

those wacky Brits

bush_dailymirror_dumb_people.jpg

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

GEORGE BUSH HAD 4 WEEKS NOTICE before 9-11!!!

I was being facitious in my earlier post about how this was a failure of George W Bush.

I also underestimated the lemmings like you to try to reflect the Libya/Cairo Embassy stuff back on Bush

But ok, I'll play along

Let's assume that Bush had 4 weeks notice of the 9/11 attack by Al'Qaeda

Did he know the attacks would occur on September 11th?

Did he know the attacks would occur in NYC and DC?

Did he know hijackers would crash planes into the WTC and Pentagon?

So Bush knew WHO, but not WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, and HOW

The Embassy attacks on the other hand, Obama knew that Al'Queada was planning an attack on a US Embassy

So Obama knew WHO, WHAT(Embassy Attack), WHERE (US Embassy in the Middle East), WHEN (Around Sept 11th Anivversary), but not HOW

So yeah, blow it all back on Bush :rolleyes: