No media bias at all.

Gary M

http://www.stargazette.com/article/20120912/APHEADS/309120013/1113/

"The income of the typical American household fell last year for the fourth consecutive year, the longest sustained period of decline since the early 1980s. Americans are now poorer than they were in 1999 after taking into account how inflation erodes the value of the dollar.

Still blaming Bush

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So our gutsy President makes an official statement on the Mid-East violence this morning, won't take any questions from the press, and then heads off to Vegas to fund raise.

Mr. Romney holds a press conference this morning. ........So if a presidential candidate gives remarks about a foreign-policy crisis, you’d be forgiven for thinking that in the Q&A held immediately afterward, reporters would ask him about . . . foreign policy. But when Mitt Romney took questions today after talking about the situation in Libya and Egypt, the dominant theme of the questions was all about process and politics.

Here are the seven questions asked:

1. Reporter brings up that Romney had a “toughly worded statement last night,” and asks, “Do you regret the tone at all given what we know now?”

2. “Do you think, though, coming so soon after the events really had unfolded over night was appropriate, to be weighing in on this as this crisis was unfolding in real time?”

3. “The world is watching. Isn’t this itself a mixed signal when you criticize the administration at a time that Americans are being killed? Shouldn’t politics stop for this?”

4. “Some people have said that you jumped the gun a little bit in putting that statement out last night and that you should have waited until more details were available. Do you regret having that statement come out so early before we learned about all of the things that were happening?”

5. “If you had known last night that the ambassador had died, and obviously, I’m gathering you did not know . . . if you had known that the ambassador had died, would you have issued such a strongly-issued statement?”

6. Reporter comments that Romney is running on his “economic know-how and private sector experience,” and adds, “but now that foreign policy and the situation in the Middle East has been thrust into the presidential campaign, can you talk about why specifically you think you are better qualified than President Obama to handle these issues?”

7. “How specifically, Governor Romney, would a President Romney have handled this situation differently than President Obama did? You spoke out before midnight, when all the facts weren’t known. How would you have handled this differently than the president did?”

Only the last question even addressed what Romney would have done if he was in office. None of the questions asked Romney to give details or be more specific about what he thinks the United States should do going forward.

I’ve long been critical of how few press conferences Romney has held, both in the primary and in the general election. Sure, the media can be biased. But 1) I think it’s good for a presidential candidates to be available to the press, to be subject to tough questions, and to be asked about a variety of matters; and 2) I think that a Republican candidate should prove he can deftly handle biased questions — it’s not fair, but it’s the reality of what he will face as president day after day.

But today’s press conference was really an example of how the media sometimes just doesn’t deserve that access.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/316652/insane-msm-questions-romney-faced-presser-katrina-trinko

On rush limbaugh today he played a clip of several media members preparing for this conference to interview Romney.

Apparently they didn't realize one of their mics was on so there was an actual recording of how there was collusion in the media to try and trip him up with their questioning. I think one if the reporters was a chick from cbs

!@#$ing minor league pathetic. And this same press let's our empty suit spend 4 years fundraising and campaigning while dodging as much responsibility as possible. He is never held to account for his actions and record.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

You're using the stargazette online journal as the basis for your claim of media bias?

The stargazette...such a heralded piece of print publication.

By the way, the anti-Obama bias in Hollywood is ridiculous. See:

http://www.news-record.com/content/2012/08/22/article/2016_obama_documentary_coming_to_greensboro_high_poin

So our gutsy President makes an official statement on the Mid-East violence this morning, won't take any questions from the press, and then heads off to Vegas to fund raise.

Mr. Romney holds a press conference this morning. ........So if a presidential candidate gives remarks about a foreign-policy crisis, you’d be forgiven for thinking that in the Q&A held immediately afterward, reporters would ask him about . . . foreign policy. But when Mitt Romney took questions today after talking about the situation in Libya and Egypt, the dominant theme of the questions was all about process and politics.

Here are the seven questions asked:

Only the last question even addressed what Romney would have done if he was in office. None of the questions asked Romney to give details or be more specific about what he thinks the United States should do going forward.

I’ve long been critical of how few press conferences Romney has held, both in the primary and in the general election. Sure, the media can be biased. But 1) I think it’s good for a presidential candidates to be available to the press, to be subject to tough questions, and to be asked about a variety of matters; and 2) I think that a Republican candidate should prove he can deftly handle biased questions — it’s not fair, but it’s the reality of what he will face as president day after day.

But today’s press conference was really an example of how the media sometimes just doesn’t deserve that access.

http://www.nationalr...-katrina-trinko

And so I trust that Mitt, being a man of steadfast, unwavering principles and self-assuredness answered each and every one of their leading yes/no questions with a simple, resounding NO.

Right? That's how he handled it?

You're using the stargazette online journal as the basis for your claim of media bias?

By the way, the anti-Obama bias in Hollywood is ridiculous. See:

http://www.news-reco...sboro_high_poin

the article was from the USA today just reprinted in the star gazette.

Edited by Gary M

[quote name

=Keukasmallies' timestamp='1347541077' post='2562296]

Wow, the Elmira Star Gazette, Gannett's flag ship newspaper. Any reaction from the Horseheads Elks Club?

Your looking pretty silly here.

That was a reprinted story, that anyone who reads the news daily was aware of.

It was found all across the country.....................................

Media bias indeed...........lol

I don't need any convincing as to the extent of the media's sympathy for our current administration, but I really don't see any bias in the OP's article. Nor do I see any way in which the article can be perceived as blaming Bush for our economic woes.

There are plenty of fine examples, but I don't think this is one.

Edited by Jauronimo

I know :)

How dare someone question Republican victimology.

No, I question something obvious to everyone. Well, most everyone. ;)

If you're referring to my post, then I strongly suggest you read it again.

Nope, not your post, Jauronimo.

Ann Althouse:

Yesterday was a key day — perhaps
the
day — in the campaign. Convention bounce and the Chicago teachers strike were instantly overshadowed. There was an opportunity to go for the win, and Romney took it. The media noticed, of course, and sprang into such intense, concerted action that it was obvious that they knew it was a day to be won and if the other side was going to go for the win, they had to act quickly and ensure that
their
guy won the day. Shock and awe, baby. Awesomely awful, indeed.

Yes, the major media are quite clearly just another advertising arm of the Democratic Party, and if you had any doubt before, this should have removed it. Treat them, and their employees, with the appropriate degree of respect and deference.

Wait, someone is claiming there is no media bias? :lol:

I'm claiming that there is bias to those looking for media bias. There is no bias to those who enjoy their outlet.

That's in both talk radio and traditional print media.

The most interesting thing to watch is a person demonizing a news outlet for squarely presenting an issue inconsistent with their political sentiments or expressing personal admiration for a person and claiming that that demonstrates a bias.

People say "media bias" because Chirs Matthews caught a shiver up his leg when hearing a presidential speech but gave no play to Steve Doocy's gushing over Palin with "she's gonna be great..." blah blah blah language. Also, no one bothers to care about Chris Matthews unecessarily going on for 10 minutes about how McCain is a hero and a man of particular principle.

Again, you find it where you want to find it. You found it, it satisfies your personal bias. Good for you.

The worst media bias I've ever seen was in the Palin/Biden debates (against Biden), in the Robert Bork and Justice Thomas confirmation hearings (against both of those gentlemen), and during the invasion of Afghanistan (against anti-war sentiments). That was media bias.

Wikipedia is not the end all, be all, but it has some interesting information that you can follow up on or research further if you're so inclined:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_bias_in_the_United_States

"Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR) has argued that accusations of liberal media bias are part of a conservative strategy, noting an article in the August 20, 1992 Washington Post, in which Republican party chair Rich Bond compared journalists to referees in a sporting match. "If you watch any great coach, what they try to do is 'work the refs.' Maybe the ref will cut you a little slack next time."[41] A 1998 study from FAIR found that journalists are "mostly centrist in their political orientation";[42] 30% considered themselves to the left on social issues compared to 9% on the right, while 11% considered themselves to the left on economic issues compared to 19% on the right. The report argued that since journalists considered themselves to be centrists, "perhaps this is why an earlier survey found that they tended to vote for Bill Clinton in large numbers." FAIR uses this study to support the claim that media bias is propagated down from the management, and that individual journalists are relatively neutral in their work."

Your looking pretty silly here.

That was a reprinted story, that anyone who reads the news daily was aware of.

It was found all across the country.....................................

Media bias indeed...........lol

Who is "Your," where is the conjugated verb, and what about a picture of this silly fellow?

Ok, in all seriousness...you're right. It was less a salient political point than it was a joke though (notice the movie reference). However, the punchline was flawed, so it obviously came off less funny than intended.

Either that, or you're trying to find more ways to box me in the "pro-Obama" camp.